Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Posted 2007-04-11, 06:51 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "instead of learning html why don't you..."
Because i would rather spend my time stuffing my head with usless wayes to make web sites that I will never make than rot my brains out!!!!
By the way Lenny, that program runs beautifuly!!! It is awsome and (awsomly) doesn't finish the tags for you!!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-11, 07:04 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Because i would rather spend my time..."
Can't say I've ever tried it, to be honest.

I was thinking of downloading and using it before I got Dreamweaver, but never did. Glad you like it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-11, 08:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think that was obvious enough judging..."
!K¡ng_Amazon! said:
I think that was obvious enough judging by the original post.
In case Mj thought from...

Lenny said:
Free, supposedly quite good, and it works on a Mac. What more could you ask for?
That Lenny used a mac himself.

Only because there was a thread entitled "A question for Lenny".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-12, 03:06 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Can't say I've ever tried it, to be..."
Dreamweaver sucks!!!
Every time you try to start a tag the stupid friggen menu pops up with a lis of comands!! Than it finishes the tag for you so you have to move around the end befor you can start a new tab. It's so annoying!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-12, 03:08 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Dreamweaver sucks!!! Every time you..."
Haha. I find that quite nice, to be honest. I know, I'm lazy... but I only use the menu that pops up when I'm setting IDs or classes to link things to my CSS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-12, 03:09 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Haha. I find that quite nice, to be..."
It just anouys me and i wish there was a way to make it go away.
By the way, congrats on the sup mod!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-12, 03:14 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "It just anouys me and i wish there was..."
Thanks.

I'm just looking through the Dreamweaver options now, and it looks to me like you can turn things off. Under preferences, Code Hints looks the most likely - things such as turning off the automatic closing of tags, and code hints.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-12, 03:22 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Thanks. :) I'm just looking through..."
Nice! I bet my comp teacher will yell at me for doing that but o well. She yells at me for making the web site in HTML that i'm suposed to follow some directions for!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-12, 03:28 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Nice! I bet my comp teacher will yell..."
Computing teachers, what can you say?

Mine just tell us to get on with our programming.

Preferences in DW is under Edit, if you didn't know. Always trips me up, that - I expect Preferences and Options to be under Tools or Options, not under Edit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-13, 04:11 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Computing teachers, what can you say? ..."
LOL that really strange!
By the way... she yelled at me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-13, 04:17 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "LOL that really strange! By the way......"
Haha! Great stuff.

Were you able to turn the annoying things off?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-15, 06:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Haha! Great stuff. :p Were you able..."
yes. I did it in the library at my school. Now my life is better.
I have now started siriosly writing html and when i went to inser javascript it didn't work.
This is what i typed and can ne1 tell me what is rong here??
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<script src="functions.js" type="text/javascript">
<!--
function printDate() {document.write("today's date is: " +Date());}
//-->
</script>
<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
http-equiv="content-type">
<title>dsfasdfadfs</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Welcome!</h1>
<p>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function printDate()
//-->
</script></p>
</body>
</html>

Last edited by Asamin; 2007-04-18 at 05:42 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin