Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

need help with learning HTML
Posted 2007-04-11, 01:49 PM
Can ne1 send me to a desent site that would teach me to write html on a mac with Microsoft Word??
I search but never find any sites that tell me.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-11, 02:04 PM in reply to Asamin's post "need help with learning HTML"
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2007-04-11, 02:16 PM in reply to Asamin's post "need help with learning HTML"
You don't write HTML with word. You write HTML with notepad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-11, 02:24 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You don't write HTML with word. You..."
You don't write HTML with word. You write HTML with notepad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-11, 02:45 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You don't write HTML with word. You..."
Yea, you want it to be pure text. Word documents generally fluff that up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-11, 03:05 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yea, you want it to be pure text. Word..."
Microsoft access is all about writing in html i think. I cant remember at the moment
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-04-11, 03:06 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Microsoft access is all about writing..."
Microsoft access is a database program.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-11, 03:07 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Microsoft access is all about writing..."
Frontpage is the Web Design program... and it's not the best in the world.

http://www.nvu.com/index.php

Try that. Free, supposedly quite good, and it works on a Mac. What more could you ask for?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-11, 03:31 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Frontpage is the Web Design program......"
Yea, FrontPage is the one Microsoft provides. Never tried NVU. I used to use AOLPress WAY back in the day, but I don't think that's been updated in a long time so it's probably pretty out of date.

Lenny, you a Mac user? I'm curious, what do you like about Mac over PC? Sorry if I'm coming across like I'm going to be critical or argumentative, that's not my intent, I'm genuinely curious.

Although, I suppose this thread isn't the place for it, so I'll make another one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-11, 03:38 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yea, FrontPage is the one Microsoft..."
Asamin uses a Mac.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-11, 03:55 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yea, FrontPage is the one Microsoft..."
EDIT: Will copy and paste this into MJs thread.

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-04-11 at 04:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-11, 03:57 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "EDIT: Will copy and paste this into MJs..."
I use a mac occasionally at work. It runs very nice, looks very sleak, but it takes a lot of getting used to and can be quite frustrating sometimes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-11, 04:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I use a mac occasionally at work. It..."
I like the look of the Mac monitors (not Laptops), but that's about it.

The keyboard annoys me, the mouse annoys me, and the towers (or at least all the ones I've seen) are pretty ugly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-11, 04:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I use a mac occasionally at work. It..."
All i have is a figgen mac!!!! The thing in word is a part that alows you to make a web site!!! you can make it in html and need something that will teach me how to write it!! Please just give me that info!!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-11, 04:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I use a mac occasionally at work. It..."
I used to be the same way about Windows, although I was a Linux advocate instead of a Mac advocate. Now, though, I realize that Windows for the common person is as good, if not better than Linux. When I say common person, I don't mean by intelligence, I mean common in terms of usage. Yea, if you want a server I'd go Linux, but for a desktop even I use Windows XP now days. Of course, I started using Linux back in the 98 days which was a terrible OS in my opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-11, 04:02 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Asamin uses a Mac."
Atnas said:
Asamin uses a Mac.
I think that was obvious enough judging by the original post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-11, 05:48 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Microsoft access is a database program."
!K¡ng_Amazon! said:
Microsoft access is a database program.
My bad i meant frontpage
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-04-11, 05:51 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Frontpage is the Web Design program......"
How does it work??? The Nvu i mean that Lenny was talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-11, 05:59 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "How does it work??? The Nvu i mean that..."
Once you've installed it:

http://nvu.com/websitehelp.php

Skip straight to stage 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-11, 06:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Once you've installed it: ..."
instead of learning html why don't you install some GAMES on your crapple OS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord