Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

This forum is going to kill so much of my time it isn't funny.
Posted 2002-04-09, 08:22 AM
I mean hey, I have almost all the answers. I've been programming for 14 years now. And I have a problem where I can't help but help others out.

Must...leave...now...before...it...sucks...me...in
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-09, 09:36 AM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
You're that old, huh?
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Badass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBadass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-09, 09:40 AM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Quote:
You're that old, huh?
How old?

Old enough to have been around when an XT was fast? Yes
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-09, 11:32 AM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Well you said you've been programming for 14 years, so that makes you sound kinda old.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Badass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBadass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-09, 11:48 AM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
If I told you that I had been programing long before high school would that put things in perspective?

Actually I think it's more like 13 years, but it doesn't make much difference.

Yeah, I know that it makes me sound older than I am. :]
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-09, 11:51 AM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Yeah, I guess. What kind of programming were you doing before high school?
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-09, 11:58 AM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
BASIC, TPascal, x86 assembly.

Going into a C++ course in high school, my rule was if I couldn't do it in C, do it in inline assembly. :]:]

I spent a lot of time making programs in BASIC until someone gave me TPascal and TASM
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-09, 12:03 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Sheesh, assembly before high school? That's pretty hardcore!

I didn't even start programming until my junior year in high school. It was a small school, and didn't have any programming courses, so I taught myself how to program on my TI-81!
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-09, 12:09 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Quote:
Sheesh, assembly before high school? That's pretty hardcore!
It was a childhood dream to be able to program in straight binary.

When I learned assembly, I got real and figured out that it wasn't worth the effort to do binary when I could do assembly
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-09, 12:21 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Quote:
Originally posted by WetWired
It was a childhood dream to be able to program in straight binary.
What kind of sick monster are you!?

I like the high-level stuff myself; the low-level stuff is too tedious for my tastes.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-09, 12:27 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Then it might freak you out to learn that I'm a professional embedded systems programmer, and that I spend at least 30% of my time writing programs in PIC assembly (the PICs are RISK parts).

That's low level
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-09, 04:44 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
I started programming in 5th grade (basic), then later html, java, and then SOME php
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-04-10, 07:26 AM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Okay Taco, now you've done it.

BASIC-2nd grade
WP Macro Scripting-6th grade
Turbo Pascal-8th grade
x86 Assembly-Summer before 9th grade
Casio calculator programming(forgotten)-9th grade
C++-10th grade
TI85 calculator programming-11th grade
TCL-12th grade
JavaScript-12th grade
PIC Assembly-in job
C-in job

So there you have it. I've been a programmer for almost as far back as I can remember.
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-10, 01:18 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Basic huh? That was SO long ago
Well, not really, it just feels like a decade ago
I still remember when I made a program that turned your screen pink, just to reboot your comp as soon as you hit one key after that
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-10, 02:49 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Congrats Wetwired. You just bought yourself a mod spot.

MWAHAHAHAHA I am so very evil.

Hey, I hope to be fluent in html. php, and possibly something else before High School (yeah right)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-10, 02:51 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Quote:
Originally posted by tacoX
I started programming in 5th grade (basic), then later html, java, and then SOME php
C'mon you don't know html - you asked me just last night how to align something

Dunno about java.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-10, 02:54 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
lol yeah and SOMEONE imed me of how to remove a border from an image... lol which was quite easy =p
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-04-10, 02:55 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
I figured it out before you helped!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-10, 02:58 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
lol, i told u how to fix it and you said "Stop confusing me" THEN 2 mins later u did EXACTLY what i said to both images >=o
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-04-10, 03:03 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
I know html, and I didn't take any courses
Actually, PHP is more fun
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser