Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

CTD Issue
Posted 2008-09-22, 11:10 AM
CTD is a phrase that is used to describe Crashing to Desktop. I have been experiencing this issue for about 4 days now. I think we can find a answer to this problem. We know what it is that needs to be fixed, now we just need to figure out what and how to do it.

Problem: Crashing to Desktop while playing Warhammer Online.

Dell: My computer
mycomp.JPG

Warhammer Spec's and my computers comparison.
Attachment 4853

TechPowerUp Says.
techpu.JPG

Where my computer is located.
computer.jpg
(my desk is to the left, a little tv stand to the right. behind it is the wall of our bedroom. I have 2 fans, 1 on each side of me. the room temperature is around 85*)

Windows Task Manager [processes]
http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread....e=3#post652832

Im looking for any possible way you see to fix this. No idea is retarded.. unless it really is retarded then please stay out. I dont need more problems racking up on my computer. If you think doing X might fix it then please let me know.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-22 at 11:48 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-22, 11:40 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "CTD Issue"
I managed to get logged on this morning and quickly asked my guild if anyone has had a CTD problem. One guy said that he did, but that was because his virtual memory was to low. I'm wondering if this could also be my problem. Here is what it looks like..

vmem2.JPG

Let me know what you think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-22, 12:14 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I managed to get logged on this morning..."
It's set to grow up to 3GB, so I doubt it's that. It can't hurt anything to try it, though. Follow these steps to expand and "clean up" your page file:
  • Go into virtual memory and choose "No paging file." Click Set, then okay. It will make you reboot.
  • Run defrag on the HD to host the paging file
  • Go into virtual memory, select Custom size, and set both the minimum and maximum to 4096. Click Set, then okay. It will make you reboot.
You will then have a defragged, 4GB, fixed location page file. If this does not solve your problem, it's not your virtual memory.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-22, 12:52 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It's set to grow up to 3GB, so I doubt..."
chriscomp1.JPG

chriscomp2.JPG

chriscomp3.JPG

Thats my motherboard, for WW and KA.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-23, 09:32 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "4862 4863 4864 Thats my..."
Since we haven't heard anything more about this, are we to assume that the problem stopped (or became significantly more infrequent)?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-23, 11:59 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Since we haven't heard anything more..."
I have been playing ever since.. Once you get to actually play the game it really hits you with how amazing it is, the only problem now is Cox can go diaf.. I was playing from about 3pm - 7pm without problems, and it was actually really smooth running after initial load. What I was doing was logging in and letting it sit for about 5 min, that way when im ready to join I don't studder. Thanks WW for your help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-23, 06:39 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting ":) I have been playing ever since....."
Correction, problem not solved.. at least not entirely. Had my first crash in 24 hours just now. Granted I had the ability to play for 24 hours, We have yet to completely resolve this issue. What should the next step be.. RAM?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-23, 06:44 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Correction, problem not solved.. at..."
Even I crash quite frequently. I probably freeze randomly once a night and crash on a loading screen twice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-23, 07:22 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Even I crash quite frequently. I..."
Ok, I'll keep trying to play, I don't see anything wrong with it crashing once every 24 hours, thats not really bad... more or less a breather telling you to gtfoside and excercise. Like guildwars would tell you, "You have been playing for 2 hours. Please take a break." I'll let you know if it was as severe as before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla