Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Dungeon Ganker II
Posted 2003-12-11, 04:31 PM
I completely rewrote the battle engine, so it only takes two lines of code to execute a whole battle now. Anyway, go try the simplistic game out, and if you have any ideas for it, go ahead and drop them in here. Obviously the battles won't be so hard when I get more work done on it, it's just a challenging way to test yourself.

So without further ado, go fight some goblins and stuff. It's entirely text-based, so don't expect any eye-candy.

www.zelaron.com/gear/Dungeon%20Ganker%20II.exe
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-12-11, 04:36 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
I had 15hp on the dragon for like ten turns.

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2003-12-11 at 04:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-11, 04:39 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
lol i ran from the dragon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-11, 04:40 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
Bleh... the randomness of healing potions goes too low...

Stupid Aphraxen

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-11, 04:44 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
That thing owned me lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-11, 04:52 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
Asphax bitch is impossible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-11, 04:53 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
I agree...hes got way to much hp...i got him down to 9000 before i was wasted...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-11, 04:54 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
If your version doesn't have a super potion in it, redownload it.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-12-11, 04:58 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
I got the Anthrax down to 1845 before I died... I was peeved.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-11, 05:01 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
Got Asphaxhren down to 2345. I've tried like 3 times, so it shold definitely be doable with a bit of luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2003-12-11, 05:02 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
I hope he's the final boss.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-11, 05:04 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
Oh, he is. Like I said, it was just a test game, the engine could be used for a pretty decent console application adventure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2003-12-11, 05:05 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
There's 4 bosses as far as I can tell from opening the game in notepad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-11, 05:06 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
Blargh... damn you Chruser for making games you can't even beat yourself!!! Evil I say... EVIL!!

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-11, 05:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
Oh, you know you can do it. Keep trying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2003-12-11, 06:42 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
Here a minor bug i found.
For each space i make it skip a question and give the answer after.
Ex. If i started the the game and typed N Jack Male Y *press [Enter]*
It would go directly to the story and With option New Game, char name Jack, gender Male, with sound.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-11, 06:44 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
It's quick answer mode... Chruser made it that way on purpose... of course!

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-11, 06:50 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
Use the name King, it screws it up for some reason and says Kin a few times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-11, 06:53 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
Not only with king it's with every name it only keep the first 3 letters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-11, 07:00 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Dungeon Ganker II"
It only says the first three letters at the top parts where it uses possesion... it's like a nickname or something...

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence