Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Three new LightWave Video tutorials!
Posted 2003-02-24, 03:19 PM
Well, I decided to put together three fairly quick video tutorials with a fairly low quality and no idle chatter. You will need the DivX Codec for all of them (or just the latest Windows Media Player). Just click on the bold links to initiate the download!
  • The Lathe Tool (2.55 mb)

This Lathe turorial shows you an essental tool in LightWave for making simple, rounded things like wine glasses, coke bottles, vases or even flying saucers! Check it out!

Difficulty: 2/10 (Beginner)

• Quick Skyscrapers (4.68 mb)

This tutorial demonstrates a fairly unique way to model a small (untextured) city scene with room for streets, and various sizes/heights of skyscrapers.

Difficulty: 3/10 (Beginner)

• Basic Face Modeling (9.92 mb)

This 13 minute tutorial shows you how to model a very simple face using various bevels, the extender tool and multiple layers.

Difficulty: 6/10 (Advanced)

Good luck everyone! If you're having any problems to comprehend the tutorials, simply ask in this thread. Oh, and just a small note, the Skyscraper tutorial might make the polygon selection look a bit odd on the flat ball. Generally, I just selected various, nearby polygons and hit Shift+Z to merge them into a single polygon.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-02-24, 03:29 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
Good job on these!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-02-24, 03:37 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
Yes he did a very great job on the Face, made it look simple but good Good job!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-24, 04:35 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
could be better with sound but good job nevertheless
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-24, 05:10 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
I just listened to music while I watched it. I wasnt really trying to do the tut, I was just watching it and takeing mental notes on how it is done
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-24, 05:13 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
heh ya gets you thinking in the modeller's way
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-24, 05:53 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
I think if I just copy it, I am just getting good at doing tuts, not the program. Agreed?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-24, 06:31 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
heh anyway... post something you've made after learning from the tutorials
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-24, 07:38 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
I havent worked on anything big to post, except that mold. I dont know what to attempt and make. I dont want to rip off a tut :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-24, 08:36 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
well at least try
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-24, 09:05 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
Your right, I will... I been sick for the last 4 days, but i go to school tom, so I will get some ideas there
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-24, 09:11 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
lucky but then again i'll be away from school for 2 weeks (actually one week because one of them is spring break) but then again... the vacation means no 3d
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-24, 09:20 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
lol, well I have state tests that i dont have to take, so I dont go to school for 2 days this week 1 day next week then Spring break for me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-25, 12:25 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
hehe lucky you but then again having a 3d school 3 blocks away from me pwnz j00
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-27, 04:45 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
People should start more 3D schools around here. It's not like I'm planning to attend to one, as I consider it to be a waste of time to actually get a teacher in the subject.

Besides, I'd appreciate any more suggestions for tutorials. Just ask me how to make something, and I'll describe it. I could probably make a few video tutorials out of your ideas as well.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-02-27, 05:09 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
Video tuts are always good, easier to understand.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-27, 08:06 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
put sound into them President of Zelaron!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-03-04, 07:15 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-03-10, 09:22 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
nice..i gues...i don't know how to lw....i wish i could get the program...i don't wanna buy it...either...damn...oh well...i hope ill have enough money in a couple of months

Naruto Rocks
naruto sig coming up next!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
allanonx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenallanonx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

allanonx

Posted 2003-03-11, 11:05 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Three new LightWave Video tutorials!"
There are other ways to getting it, find a demo version.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer