Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

offbeat but effective builds?
Posted 2004-09-27, 06:55 AM
i was wondering if anyone has any "noncookie-cuter" builds. i my self have had a few that are fairly effective. favorite has to be my tweaker assassin that could use alot of different skills. my next favorite would have to be my plague java/lightning bolt/multi/guided arrow zon. these builds arent the most effective, for example my zon gets owned by V/t's, cold sorc's, and some wind druids. But my zon is just really fun to play and she gets more complements from owning people than when i use my hammerdin. which i think is because they just like the inventiveness of my build.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-09-27, 07:03 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "offbeat but effective builds?"
I am making a pure fire elemental druid (purely for kicks) ... i'll get back to you on how well he does, he should be finished this week (getting ele charms soon)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GEEkZ

Posted 2004-09-29, 10:32 AM in reply to GEEkZ's post starting "I am making a pure fire elemental druid..."
Many asians do one thing that I have yet to see westerners do on d2. They build sorces with hella vita and dex for life/blocking and they then only max all the shields, energy/static/etc... They then equip their sorces with uber godly ele dmg weapons, yet they must be melee, no offensive skills allowed what-so-ever, they basically build godly melee show duelers and see who has the best melee sorce, this is omg so so fun yet i have not seen it done by westerners as of yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chili_Mamasita is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChili_Mamasita is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Chili_Mamasita

Posted 2004-09-29, 07:36 PM in reply to Chili_Mamasita's post starting "Many asians do one thing that I have..."
That is called a Melee-Sorc. Normally involves maxing Enchant/Warmth and sometimes fire mastery also.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-09-29, 09:40 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "That is called a Melee-Sorc. Normally..."
I have a up and running Geddodrood. 12,6k Armageddon, 4k Fissure, and bout 980ish Physica Damage Volcanoe with 2.1k Fire i think its 2.1k. Its a shit load of fun, still not over powered and can easily be killed but god they are so much fun. Im planning on spending alot to perfect him but for now hes simple.l
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-09-30, 02:27 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "offbeat but effective builds?"
i made a fire claw were bear.. u dont see one around every u go. so its not really a cookie cutter..

u got no chance against ne caster though..

but basically this is wat i did.

1 point into:

lycanthropy
wearbear

max

fire claws
and all its synergies

note its impossible to ever finish this build because u can never max all the synergies

ITEMS

helm

i used a raven (-fire res 3 to ele skills)
theres also that ladder helm that could be quite effective (4 to shape shifting) also i suggest shaleing watever u chose instead of fire facet.. cause u need FHR

weapon(s)
120% ias phasebalde (shaeled) if u can find 2 15 ias / +ar jewels those will help
cta on switch

armor
mage enigma is best to use (low str requirement yet decent defense)

gloves
ure choice really
i used lava louts
magefists good hcoice to 1 to fire skills

belt
verdungos or spiderweb (dmg or life)

shield
ss obviously

boots
imp shanks.. u need FHR

rings / ammy
angelics

inventory.

10 shape shifiting gcs (i have 10 on west if neone needs to buy)
9 20 life scs and a anni

stash
t gods (for ls zons)
demonlimb (enchant ureself for more ar and dmg)

thats bout it.. not a real expensive build. but its a fun to go around and start 1 hit killin ppl being a meleer

zealers are easy to kill (unless u find a really good one.. like enduracks would pwn it)

barbs r easy too.. just use the bear like u would a smiter.. stay in one spot and uise the shift key

its was just real fun using this char
but like i said u go ne caster u got no chance.. as u got run up to em and give em a whack
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
browness is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbrowness is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

browness

Posted 2004-09-30, 02:29 PM in reply to browness's post starting "i made a fire claw were bear.. u dont..."
also so the gayest build last night... but u would never die with it

make a summonig wolf druid.. stay in town and just keep summonig out of town.. i saw a guy get like 4-5 kills like that.. again no skill required just a real dumb build but u could never die tehcincally
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
browness is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbrowness is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

browness

Posted 2004-09-30, 04:34 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "offbeat but effective builds?"
I made a FireClaw Druid. And I think the Wolf Form is better. Its faster and gets more AR. That one was fun. Also my lastest creation is awesome. HolyShock/ FoH. I am working on writing a build. The only char I really have problems with are Summon Necros, and you don't see too many of those.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Heart-On is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHeart-On is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Heart-On

Posted 2004-09-30, 08:10 PM in reply to Heart-On's post starting "I made a FireClaw Druid. And I think..."
i also have had a fire claw druid and i would have to say that bear is the way to go because only as a bear can you reach 4 frames or 6.2 attacks per second. and fire claws is unblockable but it doesnt always hit if that makes any sense. so basically if your AR roll lets you hit then you will hit and if not you wont so AR is very important to this build.

I would also have to agree that casters are really hard but i have had some luck with unshifting and casting fissure.

also i gave my self 1 point into oak sage because it helps increase your life with only one point and even more since you will probably have alot of + skills gear on.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-09-30, 11:02 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "i also have had a fire claw druid and i..."
bears are faster but wolves are a lil more versatile hence "flaming rabies" are more common
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-10-01, 01:47 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "bears are faster but wolves are a lil..."
yeah flaming rabies are okay but most use a carrion wind and some even use a stone which i find to be BM just like the marrowalk bug.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2004-10-01, 06:27 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "yeah flaming rabies are okay but most..."
u thought bears where slower? as bear = def+life+damage
wolf = Ar+Ias? am i wrong?
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-10-01, 08:18 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "u thought bears where slower? as bear =..."
I've semi finished my geddondruid and hes doing really well, at lvl 80 he does 9.6k geddon 3.8k fissure and 880 phys volcano. He's loads of fun, but as endurack stated, dies easily to most cookie cutters. Still fun and i'm gonna perfect him even more
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GEEkZ

Posted 2004-10-01, 09:07 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "u thought bears where slower? as bear =..."
Wolves are capped at 5FPA with Fire Claws, whereas Bears can reach 4FPA. Seems backwards, yes?

Wolves get more AR than Bears though, there's a lot of trading off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-01, 09:42 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Wolves are capped at 5FPA with Fire..."
higher fpa better? or lower? i dont understand lol... see y i sux at duels
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-10-01, 10:10 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "higher fpa better? or lower? i dont..."
FPA = Frames per Attack. There are 25 frames / second in D2.

4FPA would be faster, as less frames pass between attacks. 4FPA is also the fastest ANY attack can be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-05, 12:12 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "i also have had a fire claw druid and i..."
tidus2005 said:
also i gave my self 1 point into oak sage because it helps increase your life with only one point and even more since you will probably have alot of + skills gear on.
o yes.. sorry i forgot this part..

and yes AR and FHR are important.. for ar i jsut cheated use angelics and demonlimb for enchant.. ure at like 28 k ar right there..

and for fhr thats why u use imps.. if u cant get a pair of imps dont really bother with the build.. cause with +18 str less u need in str = more life.. plus the fhr res and r/w
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

browness