Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2002-11-30, 09:44 AM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
So Raziel u found a new enemy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gladius is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGladius is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gladius

Posted 2002-12-03, 07:16 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
Actually, it could be more hours- counting all ur deaths and times u turned off after screwing up...
[img]http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/fury/furyultracopy.jpg
[/img]

http://www.gca-forums.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FuRy

Posted 2002-12-03, 07:17 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
O yea i forgot to mention im only halfway thru the game...all items so far...well a lil less i think, im at the gravity suit.........
[/img]

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FuRy

Posted 2002-12-07, 03:33 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
this game is apsolutely addicting! it is such a great game. the game is just so huge, and theres so much.
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube

Posted 2002-12-07, 09:06 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
I just ordered it through nintendo power.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-08, 07:50 AM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
good idea...so did i, get the wavebird too, it's awesome...
[/img]

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

FuRy

Posted 2002-12-09, 03:12 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
Yea, the wavebird is leet tho it doesnt have rumble...but its wireless
--- There are wars, there is pain, there is suffering, and there is even death. But none of these things prepare you for Monday morning. ---
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TrackBall is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrackBall is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TrackBall

Posted 2002-12-09, 09:37 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
hell, if it rumbled it could fall out of ur hands lol...
[/img]

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

FuRy

Posted 2002-12-11, 07:02 AM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
Thats kind of a setback.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-12, 05:20 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
and it would eat up battery life too
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube

Posted 2002-12-25, 02:39 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
I just got Metroid Prime today! BEST GAME EVER!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-25, 06:34 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
I'm probably gonna buy Metroid Prime with the Christmas money I got, it'd better be good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-12-28, 09:40 AM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
I've been playing it, not only is it an awesome game its LONG! It'd be dangerous to say anything more for sake of possibly spoiling it.

Sooo there. :]
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2002-12-29, 07:15 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
yea, i just beat the final boss, and im only at 75%. looks like i have some more playing to do!
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

GameCube

Posted 2002-12-29, 09:55 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
yeah

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2002-12-30, 04:25 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
I beat it at like 87% or something on norm, im goin through it again on hard

And btw hard actually IS hard. Which is a good thing.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2002-12-30, 04:42 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
Okay... since I've beaten the game and have some sort of unusual understanding of game design (ask chruser ) Im gonna comment a little on Metroid Prime.

Everything works flawlessly. I've heard complaints about the controls being bad, and that you can't do this and that. Well, infact you can its just difficult, but beyond that points you don't *NEED* to be able to look and run and shoot all at once. The QA department did a superb job of making the game design fit seamlessly with the gameplay. And that gameplay aspect is what makes Metroid, Metroid. Its why Prime feels like the older metroids yet its 3D now. This is also the first first person game I've seen where you can (relatively speaking since I'm somewhat skilled at games) accurately jump around. In Turok you could also jump, however to be blunt simply jumping is the same with both games. The difference is that the game design works with Prime's gameplay, unlike a vast majority of other FPS games. There is a radar in the top left, though I actually never had to use it, it seems to work well if you're surrounded.

Other then that quick little babble, If you don't own Metroid Prime, GO GET IT! It's well worth the money.

I'm also going to get Zelda : Wind Waker when it comes out sometime in march. I've heard some incredibly good reviews about the JP Version that came out recently.

More Prime Babble : Something I'm probably most impressed with is the realistic seismics and motion 'thwacking'. If one of those tentacle critters thonks you, its very realistic in how the game throws you. And its different for ball mode and upright mode. Hell there are tremor effects in Prime, and that REALLY threw me for a loop. I've seen some games that do this, the big baddie falls on the ground and it makes a big thud and you go boing. It's the same thing in some cases, except the motions are just so much better. Heck i died in hard mode in magmoor when a rock fell from the cave ceiling, and its tremor knocked me off into the lava. Also, in the shore room with the ball track, the magmoor critter knocked me off the rail as well The 'Seismetics' are finest however in the second to last boss battle.

Last edited by Tai; 2002-12-30 at 04:48 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tai

Posted 2002-12-30, 05:05 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
you go do that

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2002-12-30, 05:06 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
tried M.P over at a friend's house, and it isn't that great.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-30, 05:50 PM in reply to GameCube's post "Metroid Prime"
Your right, Animal Crossing is better!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin