Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Question newbie needing help part3
Posted 2003-07-07, 06:31 AM
well just need to ask something with the branching bluecube was talking about it work fine its just when i leave the screen they move into the postion they were in and repeat it...i tried using switches but no luck wat i need is them to move to unblock the path there blocking and say something different after i have given him the key if this can be done please teach me how

lastly i cant get this working- ok u have 2 people in your party..
one pops out talks then goes back in and disappears this all works fine but its like there still there just not showing be cause i move foward and then i cant move anymore foward wat do i do here?

--Crono Cloud--
"You got wacked cuz' your weak"

--Magus---
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
crono_cloud is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencrono_cloud is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

crono_cloud

Posted 2003-07-07, 06:50 AM in reply to crono_cloud's post "newbie needing help part3"
crono_cloud said:
well just need to ask something with the branching bluecube was talking about it work fine its just when i leave the screen they move into the postion they were in and repeat it...i tried using switches but no luck wat i need is them to move to unblock the path there blocking and say something different after i have given him the key if this can be done please teach me how

lastly i cant get this working- ok u have 2 people in your party..
one pops out talks then goes back in and disappears this all works fine but its like there still there just not showing be cause i move foward and then i cant move anymore foward wat do i do here?

--Crono Cloud--

You had the right idea - combine it with a switch. I'll give specific code later if you need it (no access to RM2k3 at the moment) but here's the basic idea:

------

Guard object:

Page 1: No precondition

<>Branch: If no key is held
.....<> He says "No access without a key!"
<>Else
.....<>He says "You finally got the key? (*mumble mumble*)"
.....<>You lose the key
.....<>Set a switch (GaveGuardKey) ON
<>End branch

_____
Page 2: Precondition GaveGuardKey switch is ON, and set it to Parallel Process instead of Press Key to start it.

<>Move the guard up and have him face down
<>Set a switch (GuardMovedUp) ON
_____
Page 3: Precondition GuardMovedUp switch ON
Make sure it's back to Press Key instead of Parallel Process.

<>He says: "Go on through.."

=============================

The trick is to set the GuardMovedUp switch to OFF whenever you enter the room. On all teleport events leading in that room, you'll need to manually add a new line turning that switch off.

If you set Page 2 to parallel process, as soon as you enter the room, the guard will move up and face down again, and will do so every time.

==============================

The two people in the party thing: Set the other party member's event to "Above Hero" (as opposed to "Same Level as Hero") and you should be fine. This is assuming that the party member isn't one square north of your hero's position - if that's the case, set it to "Below Hero" instead. This is because of the way the graphics are drawn... hard to explain, but that's the way it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube