Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Posted 2006-02-28, 05:36 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Hey slaynish whats ur bf%?"
as in my body fat %?

no idea

my friend (who i think and im pretty sure is fatter than me) got 21% or something.. so i think im probably around 18% (i lift lots more and apparnetly he weighs only a little less but it takes him like 12 minutes to run a mile)

I havnt ever gotten that checked, and its something i want to stay away from till i lose some fat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2006-03-01, 02:57 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "as in my body fat %? no idea my..."
I broke my pelvis long jumping actually. It was a complete shock to me. I had a similar pain to what Slaynish was talking about having (so be careful man). It almost felt like a severe groin pull but it was too high, it was almost in the center of my leg at the hip. Anyway, the pain started right after my 3rd jump at the first invitation meet of the year. If you guys don't know anything about long jumping, it actually does require a lot of flexibility and strain on your lower body on the landings even if it is into a sand pit. You have to stretch your legs as far out in front of you as possible as you land to get ever extra inch and you have to make sure you don't fall backwards or put a hand down because they count the shortest point of contact with the sand. You can't even walk out of the sand pit backwards or they count your steps as points of entry. So anyway, I was jumping at this first invite and it was freezing, probably like 40 degrees. When I arrived I did the team stretches and everything and ran a bit to loosen up, and then I found out that the pit wasn't going to be "open pit" as it usually was (That means you get three jumps you can take anytime before the deadline which is usually like 2 hours later so you have some time). I was one of the last people to jump on the schedule. So i made the mistake of sitting down for awhile and not staying loose. I went and jumped and the pain started. That's why I automatically assumed pulled groin. They year went on and after about 3 meets of jumping with the pain, I couldn't even practice or do any running warming up, the pain just kept getting worse. Basically, I only actually jumped at the meets and it was killer. Our trainer told me that I should just stop completely until the pain was gone and before I screwed something up. I told her I would after one more meet because it was a dual with our rival school. I told her I'd only jump once as long as I didn't foul and it was decent. So the day of the meet comes, I actually feel really good. I was actually able to jog a lap before I jumped and there was very little pain. I thought maybe it was gone. So yeah, it was open pit so I was one of the first people to jump since I was feeling good and was already loose. Took off down the runway and as soon as I jumped (proper form is to jump off of one leg and throw your other leg upward and almost go through a bike pedaling motion in mid-air) this horrible popping sound that sounded like heels clicking came out of my hip. I manage to crawl out of the sand and the people around the pit were all screaming and stuff because they heard it but my friends from a distance were laughing hysterically because I was like army crawling through the sand. They didn't know anything was wrong. Ambulance came and took me to the hospital and I had a ton of X-rays done which were agonizing btw because they kept rolling me onto my side and what happened was one of my tendons had been stretched at some point and it finally snapped and pulled a large hunk of my pelvis off with it. It wasn't fun. Unable to move at all for quite some time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2006-03-01, 03:28 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I broke my pelvis long jumping..."
The only good thing about this post is that the trainer was a she. She got to rub up Sue's leg hehe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-03-01, 04:13 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "The only good thing about this post is..."
ya well today, the 3rd day of track, really fun.

so much easier now.

i feel like ive gotten so much faster & stronger too
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2006-03-02, 04:50 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "The only good thing about this post is..."
Yeah, she wasn't bad looking at all either. I was more concerned about the pain at the time though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2006-03-02, 05:05 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I broke my pelvis long jumping..."
For fucks sake.

Paragraph breaks please.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-03-02, 05:40 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "Yeah, she wasn't bad looking at all..."
Well ill go to her with a hurt leg anyday then
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-03-02, 05:43 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Well ill go to her with a hurt leg..."
I do Track/Cross Country. Not that great, my mile was like 5:44, 2 mile was 11 something.

Doing pole vault this year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2006-03-03, 12:04 AM in reply to Xenn's post starting "I do Track/Cross Country. Not that..."
"yo nick how tall are you?"
"oh, I am 6 feets and zero point two five inches, I know I know, I am tall"

You think 6 feets is tall, get a life. I am 6 feets, and my 2 chinese roomates which are 6ft 7" and 6ft 4". Go loss some weights.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-03-03, 06:41 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting ""yo nick how tall are you?" "oh, I am..."
Ganga said:
"yo nick how tall are you?"
"oh, I am 6 feets and zero point two five inches, I know I know, I am tall"

You think 6 feets is tall, get a life. I am 6 feets, and my 2 chinese roomates which are 6ft 7" and 6ft 4". Go loss some weights.
LOL. "I disagree with your opinion on what is tall, get a life you pos."
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2006-03-03, 09:53 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post starting "LOL. "I disagree with your opinion on..."
6 feets tall, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-03-05, 07:32 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting ""yo nick how tall are you?" "oh, I am..."

I wasnt aware that I attacked you Ganga.

I thought you were in china or something and you didnt know that in America we use standard unit of measurement. I wasnt trying to be a douche. Now I can see why you're angry but i wasnt stereotyping.

Now that you say it though, idk if 6 ft is tall for whatever age you are but for my age it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2006-03-06, 01:19 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting ".... I wasnt aware that I attacked..."
I really wouldn't worry about him. In fact, don't worry about anyone!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-03-06, 07:23 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I really wouldn't worry about him. In..."
well in reality i was just kinda being a dick, but i thought it was becaus ehe was being a dick first.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2006-03-06, 10:33 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "well in reality i was just kinda being..."
Is English Ganja's first language?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-03-06, 10:51 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Is English Ganja's first language?"
His name is Ganga and no, English isn't his first language.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-03-08, 12:02 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "His name is Ganga and no, English isn't..."
Anyways, just keep it up with the whole 'exercise' thing . That and a healthy diet are really the only way to go. Too bad I do neither :P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood