Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Best places to lvl?
Posted 2005-11-18, 11:09 PM
Alright, I'm a lvl 17 gnome mage. I was just wondering the best places for me to lvl/find decent items?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-11-19, 12:09 AM in reply to sue_13's post "Best places to lvl?"
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...ionlevels.html

Should give you a rough idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-11-19, 09:13 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basi..."
for decent items, i would run instances, the bosses that you kill in them usually drops good items, i've never been alliance so i'm not sure what instance you run at around 17 though, for horde we have wailing caverns
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2005-11-19, 10:33 AM in reply to iceman887's post starting "for decent items, i would run..."
For alliance, it's Dead Mines. For grinding, it's kind of class specific. Just go and try grinding on different things. Find something that is plentiful and that you can kill easilly. As long as it is close to your level, I wouldn't worry about the exact exp per kill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-11-19, 10:52 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "For alliance, it's Dead Mines. For..."
Loch Modan or Redridge Mountains should be decent, there might be a few quests in Westfall for your level but they're probably chains. Once you're mid-20's Darkshire or whatever should hold you over till almost 30. Also throughout the 20's Wetlands isn't bad. You'll also have Ashenvale and Stonetalon Mountains in 20-30 as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2005-11-19, 02:00 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post starting "Loch Modan or Redridge Mountains should..."
I can level my characters somewhat fast, the general rules I've always followed are:

Quest in an area just a level or two under you.

If there are multiple areas for you to level in at your level, do the easy ones in one location first, then head over to the other area and do the same.

Spam your LFG for any Elite quests while working on another quest, so you're not just standing around.

Only run an instance 1-2 times for items, and only if you have quests that can be completed there (unless an item is a SIGNIFICANT improvement).

Avoid "delivery boy" quests that drag on forever, as they're more time-sinks than anything else.

When in a rough spot as for quests that you can complete, grind it out until you can move to another zone or can complete them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-11-19, 09:51 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I can level my characters somewhat..."
I always grind in an area a lvl or two above me. Currently Refuge Point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer