Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Build for a Necro
Posted 2003-06-13, 01:02 PM
Can someone help me with a build for a nerco plz?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-13, 01:38 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
Check the PvP forum and/or ask Apoq.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-06-13, 01:39 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
Hi, welcome to Zelaron fourm. Please read around the fourm, before you post randomly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-06-13, 01:44 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
sorry I just wanted to get out there so that i could get my questions answered by someone that could help me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-13, 02:08 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
What kind of Necro did you want to build? Zookeeper? Curse? PvP??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-06-13, 08:04 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
what kind of necro is the best kind to make it is my first necro really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-13, 10:40 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
I would say any kinda necro is going to leech on cows. But the most effective is corpse explode necro with amp curse. For pvp I would have to say bone spirit, bone wall, poison nova, etc. Zookeeper is just gay, the cows can't even kill the other cows cause their damage is so low, and the fact that you can't raise bosses makes it even gayer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-06-13, 11:09 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
For PvP Necro, you would want to max Bone spirit, Bone armor, and stack on lower resist, poison nova, etc etc.

Max dex for blocking if you're going to fight zon/melee, no need for dex if you're NvN.

Str for equipments, rest in Vita. No point in energy.

You'll need a lot of fr/w (with mana), and maybe bone/poison GC with life or fr/w.

You will have a point in CE, AMP, and some LR. Use that on Cows, 1 points would really be enough, and enough to be effective. Necros are one of the best characters to play in Cow level.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-13, 11:22 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
Senesia said:
Necros are one of the best characters to play in Cow level.
Except for the fact that they can't kill anything unless someone else starts to kill stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-06-13, 11:25 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
First you cast Lower Resist on Cows, and then run around and keep on casting Poison Nova. It would be nice if you have some kind of golem to tank a little, for a while.

Some cows will fall, in about ~10 seconds. (8 people games.) Then CE. More cows will die. And more. And they're dead.

That's if you are to solo in a 8 players cow games.

And how often is it when you can find a 8 players game where there is no corpse...?

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-14, 01:39 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
well i kind of want to solo in cow games so what shoul di do there? I am thinking of mabey an overlord. but I do not know really how to set him up. Any help here or keep looking?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-14, 01:45 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
If you want to solo with an overlord...well, you want as many minions as you can.

Skeletons, Mages, Revives. Don't really need to max the skeletons though, if you want, go with Mages and Revives.

What I usually do with with overlord is...I'll get a thorn hireling from Act2, and use AMP dmg on the enemies. So it's not exactly what most overlords do, but it is easy to kill any melee.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-14, 08:36 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
ok would you know about how much to put into say stats and in skills? I really apperciate all the help that you guys are giving me. I really want to help out but my comp it not running yet and the one that i am on is a piece of Sh%t.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-14, 11:16 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
Well, if you're building an overlord..

You probably won't need to block. Find out what equipment you're going to use, and put enough Strength point for using them.

Rest can be put in Vita, and if you feel insecure, you can put some, say 20-40 into energy. Since this is PvM, stats point won't matter as much.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-15, 10:50 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
hey... i got a question myself...... does summon resist effect fire golems??? like reduce the fire absorb????
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sorata-Kun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSorata-Kun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sorata-Kun

Posted 2003-06-15, 10:53 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
Most likely it can not affect the way the absorb fire but maybe their resistance to fire and other elements.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

badboy

Posted 2003-06-15, 01:51 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
Welcome to Zelaron, Sorata-Kun.

Summon resist increases the resistances (Fire, Cold, Lightning, Poison) of your summon by that certain ammount. It has nothing to do with the Fire abosrb, magic damage reduced. Only affects the resistances. And I'd suggest only putting 1 point to that, if at all.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-15, 03:28 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
Thanx a lot =)
i read somewhere about it and got a little worried =X
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sorata-Kun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSorata-Kun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sorata-Kun

Posted 2003-06-15, 06:38 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
One nice and unexpected strategy in PvP (vs. melee characters) is to max out Iron Golem. First, cast amp on a melee fighter of your choice, then get them to fight your golem. They should die pretty fast (the golem has built-in thorns, which people seem to forget, and that damage gets doubled with amp).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-06-17, 02:24 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "Build for a Necro"
To do a nice necro for cow.

There is 2 important Thing

1. Getting life back quickly
2. Doing mass murder

A low level necro can own in cow game in hell all he need is blood golem level 1 and a fair iron maiden. What you will mainly do is use blood golem and cast iron maiden on cow.

Why Iron Maiden and Blood Golem?
1. Cow will kill themself
2. You will keep getting healed(LOT)
3. Your Blood Golem will be impossible to kill by melee physical dmg

Only by spectral hit lightning enchanced ranged attack (there no cow whit bow ) and stuff like that can he be hurt. But even then if lot of cow hit the golem there big chance he wont even be bothered from those. When a cow die u can corpse explode if you want to make the killing quicker and they will start to drop. You only need level 1 corpse explosion if u have +3-5 bonus into that skill so it s really no big deal so for your necro you could do lvl 1 blood golem(really dont need more), 1 summon resist(whit bonus more then enought to work out), max iron maiden for cow self-killing quicker and making you and your golem gain more life per hit. A very good sideis you barely need any skill since you basicly max iron maiden only. But if you wanna be able to kill Cow King you will need level 1 fire golem(lot of life) at least, max bone spirit and some point in lower resist. Now just kill cow Arround him the normal way iron maiden, corpse explose (u can amplify the cow on the edge so amplify do more dmg to them and still gain life form other having iron maiden) by the time there only king he will probably have lost lot/ok ammount depending on how many corpse epxlosion hit him and ammount of players in game. Just switch to fire golem and cast lower resist on him. Now all you have to do is basicly bone spirit many time run back a little summon fire golem if he die and keep casting bone spirit thats how my necro always been killing in cow level and it been working great. I loved my necro it s just sad that i lost all my account due to maphack hehe they say we deserve what we get(i didnt deserver that much i think).

For stats i recomend good dex for blocking, str to be able to equip armor, average ammount of vit and energy if you have a wizard spike you should use it for your necro.
That kind of necro can start killing in cow level hell solo at 18 yet i would suggest to wait till level 25 so u can have more mana and about lvl 13+bonus iron maiden.

Enjoy !
Summoning Necro Moto: Dont worry your death will only make my army stronger!
PvP Necro Moto: Dont worry your next!
Cow Necro Moto: Next !

Last edited by Kuja; 2003-06-17 at 12:29 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja