Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Requesting...
Posted 2008-08-04, 12:57 AM
Builds for characters using NO runewords. Not only are they to expensive and time consuming to obtain, but they poof when you finally do get them. Im looking to start up an account that is runeword free. All unique and or set items, can anyone help me out with character builds?

and by character builds i mean character gear. stat allocation. skill allocation. strats i can figure out on my own.

thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-04, 03:28 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Requesting..."
Make an IK barb. They are fun and do a hell of a lot of dmg when they crit :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-04, 08:59 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Make an IK barb. They are fun and do a..."
Armor Set's (Most of these are viable)
Amazon - M'avina's Battle Hymn
Assassin - Natalya's Odium
Barbarian - Immortal King
Paladin - Griswold's Legacy
Sorceress - Tal Rasha'a Wrappings
Druid - Aldur's Watchtower

Unique Item's

Unique Set's
Amazon -
Assassin -
Necromancer -
Barbarian -
Paladin -
Sorceress - Shako, Tal Amulet, Ali Baba, Tal Armor, Lidless / Stormshield, Chance Guards, Goldwrap, War Travelers, Nagel x 2
Druid -

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-08-04 at 09:34 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-04, 01:03 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Armor Set's (Most of these are viable)..."
I will type up all of the things my summon necro has. He fares well in Hell by himself so if you do what I say, you should be good.
Gear:
Full Trangs
Arm of King Leoric Tomb Wand
Golemlord's Amulet
2 Nagelrings but I suppose it would be better with 2 SOJ's
I don't currently have any good boots but mine are Tearhaunch Greaves
Also get as many +to summon skills charms as possible and a hellfire torch

Stats (At lvl 76 no gear):
115 strength-stop at this
25 Dex-No points into Dex at all
290 Vitality-never stop putting into vitality
25 Energy-No points into this at all

What I did was alternate putting 5 into str and 5 into vit untill 115 str then just put all future points into vit

Skills:
I know this will sound weird but my necro rocks and this is how I did it.

Alternate between putting a point into Raise Skelle and Skelle Mastery untill they are maxed out. Next, max out Raise Skelle Mage. There you go! After you are done maxing those out, put some points into stuff so you can do Summon Resist. With all my armor on and charms, this is up to 18. This is plenty b/c after that, the bonus gets so small each point it isn't worth it. If you are going to put any points into curses, put a few into Amplify Damage. You would be surprised at how much more your skelles murder with this in effect. You can do what you want with the rest of the skill points.

All together, my necro has the following with all his gear on:
Skills:
37 skelle mastery and raise
36 Raise mage
I have just played around a bit and have a +14 to all summon skills so the others I have just put 1 or 2 skill points into.
15 Amplify Damage
And I never bothered with poison and bone.

Stats:
158 str
58 dex
303 vit
38 energy

I have 819 health and 592 mana. While it does take a few mana pots to get all my guys summoned, my recharge rate is high enough that if I kill a few guys, I don't need to pot.

Good luck with your runeword free Necro!

(There is a reason why this is a skelle necro, in case you didn't notice, I fucus on skellies)
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-08-04, 01:46 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I will type up all of the things my..."
800 health seems really really low. also, what is your block %.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-04, 04:44 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "800 health seems really really low...."
Any character w/o max block is not worth playing! Even my sorc has max block with stormshield lawl
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-04, 05:11 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Any character w/o max block is not..."
This would be my sorc

Gear:
Helmet – Harlequin Crest
Chest – Tal Rasha’s Guardianship
Gloves – Chance Guards
Belt – Tal Rasha’s Fine-Spun Cloth
Boots – War Traveler
Weapon – The Oculus (Possibly trade for ali baba because that 25% teleport can ruin you sometimes)
Shield – Stormshield (alot of strength is req, maybe with a hel rune in it? or exchange for something else)
Amulet – Tal Rasha’s Adjudication
Ring – Nagelring
Ring – Nagelring

Also sov, do you know the dexterity amount to reach max block on a sorc + stormshield?

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-08-04 at 05:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-04, 08:10 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "This would be my sorc Gear: Helmet..."
You must realise, my necro has 30 skellies and other summons in front of him. I have no need for health or block. In theory, I could do hell naked.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-08-04, 08:24 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "This would be my sorc Gear: Helmet..."
Get a Death's Fathom if you're cold or a good % Eschutas if you light/fire. Have Baba on switch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-08-04, 10:25 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "You must realise, my necro has 30..."
But you will still suck pretty hardcore in pvp vs paladins that charge, amazons, and barbs if they can name lock you. No point in creating a character for just pve. Get the block and you will have some fun in pvp as well.

At level 90, my sorc has 229 dext for max block with a stormshield. There are other shields you can use that require far less dext for block, but I wanted to try this out... though she is a bmana build... Don't relaly have those anymore but mana pots work just as well ^.^

Trust me, it's fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-04, 11:11 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "But you will still suck pretty hardcore..."
can you lay out your sorc build? as far as armor / stats / skills?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-05, 01:40 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I will type up all of the things my..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
I will type up all of the things my summon necro has. He fares well in Hell by himself so if you do what I say, you should be good.
Gear:
Full Trangs
Arm of King Leoric Tomb Wand
Golemlord's Amulet
2 Nagelrings but I suppose it would be better with 2 SOJ's
I don't currently have any good boots but mine are Tearhaunch Greaves
Also get as many +to summon skills charms as possible and a hellfire torch

Stats (At lvl 76 no gear):
115 strength-stop at this
25 Dex-No points into Dex at all
290 Vitality-never stop putting into vitality
25 Energy-No points into this at all

What I did was alternate putting 5 into str and 5 into vit untill 115 str then just put all future points into vit

Skills:
I know this will sound weird but my necro rocks and this is how I did it.

Alternate between putting a point into Raise Skelle and Skelle Mastery untill they are maxed out. Next, max out Raise Skelle Mage. There you go! After you are done maxing those out, put some points into stuff so you can do Summon Resist. With all my armor on and charms, this is up to 18. This is plenty b/c after that, the bonus gets so small each point it isn't worth it. If you are going to put any points into curses, put a few into Amplify Damage. You would be surprised at how much more your skelles murder with this in effect. You can do what you want with the rest of the skill points.

All together, my necro has the following with all his gear on:
Skills:
37 skelle mastery and raise
36 Raise mage
I have just played around a bit and have a +14 to all summon skills so the others I have just put 1 or 2 skill points into.
15 Amplify Damage
And I never bothered with poison and bone.

Stats:
158 str
58 dex
303 vit
38 energy

I have 819 health and 592 mana. While it does take a few mana pots to get all my guys summoned, my recharge rate is high enough that if I kill a few guys, I don't need to pot.

Good luck with your runeword free Necro!

(There is a reason why this is a skelle necro, in case you didn't notice, I fucus on skellies)
That build lacks in comparison to a fishymancer. Drop the skeletal mages and get corpse explosion instead. Skeletal mages are pretty horrible unless you've got the build to support them. Usually, that means something like lower resist and a merc with that one runeword that has conviction. Also, enigma is almost required to make a necro with skeletal mages work.

Corpse explosion synergizes better with skeletons because you use amplify damage, increasing the damage of both your skeletons and your corpse explosion.

Try playing your necro sometime without summoning the mages, and you'll see that there's hardly an improvement when you use them. Then try doing the same thing, except dont summon your skeletons, and only summon your skeletal mages. You'll see that they just do nothing and get their asses kicked in the process.

To effectively play a "skeletal mage" necro (usually called a lich,) you need to also recast your skeletons until you get the best ones you can. For instance, if half of your skeletons are poison casters, you're going to do horribly. The only use of poison casters is to prevent monster healing, and you only need one to do that. Just the same, cold casters can be pretty bad as well, since they freeze enemies, destroying the bodies. Having one cold caster to slow enemies is good, but more than that is only annoying. Therefore, you're constantly having to not only make sure all of your skeletons are alive, but you have to keep recasting them to get the right ones. Much too high-maintenance.

The fishymancer wins on every front. The skeletons rarely ever die, and serve their purpose as a meat-shield to keep you alive. Once they (or your merc) get one monster down, you take out ALL of them with corpse explosion, creating a chain-reaction of CARNAGE. There's hardly any maintenance necessary, so you don't have to spend time resummoning shit.

Don't get me wrong, a lich necro is a force to be reckoned with. However, this "skellymancer" people go on about is just a bastard child of the two, and it's pretty rubbish compared to either of them.

BTW, you can make a killer fishymancer without any gear requirements. It's the build that people claim can "solo hell naked." I've heard of people playing solo all of the way through normal, nightmare, and hell, without any gear. What this means is that you can essentially wear as much MF as you can possibly get without worrying about it gimping your character. You can have a 900+ MF fishymancer soloing WSK and baal in hell. If you want a build just let me know, it's a really simple one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-05, 08:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That build lacks in comparison to a..."
lol that sounds like the most fun i could possibly have on this game, please. share your build
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-05, 11:40 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "lol that sounds like the most fun i..."
Will ASAP. I'm studying for a final right now. If I don't post it in ~2 days, PM me to remind me. It's likely I'll have forgotten.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-07, 03:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That build lacks in comparison to a..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
That build lacks in comparison to a fishymancer. Drop the skeletal mages and get corpse explosion instead. Skeletal mages are pretty horrible unless you've got the build to support them. Usually, that means something like lower resist and a merc with that one runeword that has conviction. Also, enigma is almost required to make a necro with skeletal mages work.

Corpse explosion synergizes better with skeletons because you use amplify damage, increasing the damage of both your skeletons and your corpse explosion.

Try playing your necro sometime without summoning the mages, and you'll see that there's hardly an improvement when you use them. Then try doing the same thing, except dont summon your skeletons, and only summon your skeletal mages. You'll see that they just do nothing and get their asses kicked in the process.

To effectively play a "skeletal mage" necro (usually called a lich,) you need to also recast your skeletons until you get the best ones you can. For instance, if half of your skeletons are poison casters, you're going to do horribly. The only use of poison casters is to prevent monster healing, and you only need one to do that. Just the same, cold casters can be pretty bad as well, since they freeze enemies, destroying the bodies. Having one cold caster to slow enemies is good, but more than that is only annoying. Therefore, you're constantly having to not only make sure all of your skeletons are alive, but you have to keep recasting them to get the right ones. Much too high-maintenance.

The fishymancer wins on every front. The skeletons rarely ever die, and serve their purpose as a meat-shield to keep you alive. Once they (or your merc) get one monster down, you take out ALL of them with corpse explosion, creating a chain-reaction of CARNAGE. There's hardly any maintenance necessary, so you don't have to spend time resummoning shit.

Don't get me wrong, a lich necro is a force to be reckoned with. However, this "skellymancer" people go on about is just a bastard child of the two, and it's pretty rubbish compared to either of them.

BTW, you can make a killer fishymancer without any gear requirements. It's the build that people claim can "solo hell naked." I've heard of people playing solo all of the way through normal, nightmare, and hell, without any gear. What this means is that you can essentially wear as much MF as you can possibly get without worrying about it gimping your character. You can have a 900+ MF fishymancer soloing WSK and baal in hell. If you want a build just let me know, it's a really simple one.
This might be so, but why is it that my necro rocks? I'll tell you. 30 summons overpower everything. My skellies have about 1K health each and there are so many of them it is like a riot effect. Nothing beats my skellies.... Nothing. I killed hell baal with them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-08-07, 04:29 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "This might be so, but why is it that my..."
for PvE if you have anything that can kill the mobs then your perfectly fine, there is no rhyme or reason to pve in diablo... level a toon 1/2 decent in your accomplished profile (barbs need to be able to hit, sorc's need to be able to deal with immunes) and your fine. The point in which your character sucks is PvP. MANY MANY of my 1st characters didnt have max block, and i always wondered how my undergeared friends were raping me. Remade my sorc and hell mf'ing was a breeze. Not only that but i was capable of blockling attacks from people in pvp.

The key to this game i think is just... make a pvp character, pvp is the mass of diablo 2, and you will hardly find games in hell saying Lets quest! Not only that but, 90% of pvp characters are just as good as solely pve characters. infact - some are better

im currently awaiting !K_A!'s fishymancer build, but in the mean time i maxed skellies, skelly master, and corspe explosion. My skellys just... dont die, ive been able to do nm andy solo, with the random white items i had on getting to level 65. The problem with me in hell is that, my merc + golem arent strong enough to kill 1 fallen, so massing my army atm is very hard solo. I have only finished act 1 in NM and plan on going all the way through, Ive got some random stats atm, nothing is perfect - ill have to remake him as you do with all of your 1st time characters, you never know what gear you will end up with. by that time i should have !K_A!'s build so it would be good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-07, 04:37 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "This might be so, but why is it that my..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
This might be so, but why is it that my necro rocks? I'll tell you. 30 summons overpower everything. My skellies have about 1K health each and there are so many of them it is like a riot effect. Nothing beats my skellies.... Nothing. I killed hell baal with them.
Any Uber boss could EZ them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-08-09, 11:18 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Any Uber boss could EZ them."
Uber bosses are different. Those are uber, just as the name says.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-08-09, 11:57 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Uber bosses are different. Those are..."
You can 'ez baal'. My hammerdin can run baal games, and ez baal. He gets eaten alive when I try to help my friends with ubers. So, unless your necro can do ubers, he officially sucks. KA's build > your build.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-08-10, 03:19 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "You can 'ez baal'. My hammerdin can run..."
btw KA, still looking for your build when you get a moment away from studies
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla