Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Not SF vs. MK, but still <3
Posted 2008-04-22, 04:39 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/video/943566...cial-trailer-1
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-04-23, 12:15 AM in reply to KagomJack's post "Not SF vs. MK, but still <3"
From what I've read, they're PG-13-ing it. Boo-urns. I want to see Aquaman get his face ripped off.

But, honestly, I don't think I care. I'd rather see Tekken vs. Marvel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-23, 01:04 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "From what I've read, they're PG-13-ing..."
They'll apparently be using "finishers" rather than "fatalities", because DC doesn't want their bread and butter getting a public disembowelment. I can agree with the idea on a financial level, but as a fan, I'd still rather have full-blown gore.

Doesn't matter anyway, though, because the only arcade fighter series that matters is Soulcalibur.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2008-04-23, 03:22 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "They'll apparently be using "finishers"..."
I think it'll make it a little more interesting, though I'd just man up and keep fatalities in. It's a series mainstay for Mortal Kombat. That's like having a cross-over Street Fighter game that's based around playing soccer with no awesome super moves.

I'm not a Soul Caliber fan, really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-04-24, 12:53 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "They'll apparently be using "finishers"..."
Raziel said:
Doesn't matter anyway, though, because the only arcade fighter series that matters is Soulcalibur.
Amen to that, brother.

The only reason I mentioned Tekken in my previous post was due to the fact that the weaponry necessitated by the SoulCalibur franchise would exclude most good Marvel characters. However, now that I'm thinking of it, there are enough weapon oriented characters for that crossover to work.

I can't wait for SC4.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-24, 12:59 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Amen to that, brother. The only..."
Well, Tekken is mostly Soulcalibur minus weapons, plus lame character designs.

Cap, Thor, Daredevil, Wolverine, Blade. All would work adequately for a SC crossover.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2008-04-24, 01:01 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Well, Tekken is mostly Soulcalibur..."
I was thinking those, along with Deadpool. He's got better dialogue than any character...ever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-24, 01:11 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I was thinking those, along with..."
Oh, snap. Good call. You can't really get by without Wade Wilson.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel