Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Kazilla's Battleground Guide
Posted 2009-03-10, 01:34 PM
I am in the process of writing a guide for each of the battlegrounds, I will reserve the next five posts in this thread. Each will pertain to a different battleground.
  • Warsong Gultch
  • Arathi Basin
  • Alterac Valley
  • Eye of the Storm
  • Strand of the Ancients

The guides will contain pictures to help explain what I mean. These guides will be written based off my experience in each of the battlegrounds as I continue to farm them for my marks of honor. How I see these battlegrounds are to be played is not the only way to play them, they are my interpretation and are intended to help those of us who haven't a clue what to do while in a battleground.

I will continuously add information from time to time. I hope to have this all finished in about 1 weeks time. If there is information you want to see in here please PM me or post here. Thanks.

Generalized battleground information:
1. Pressure the healer's. A healer who is feeling the pressure is nervous, and prone to mistakes. Make it happen.
2. Do not fight pointless squabbles. There isn't a reason to fight in the intersection of blacksmith, farm, and lumber mill.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2009-03-11 at 01:36 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-03-10, 01:35 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Kazilla's Battleground Guide"
Warsong Gultch

Warsong Gulch.JPG

FC Holding Locations

WoWScrnShot_031909_142922.jpg [Excellent Horde FC location]

WoWScrnShot_031909_143311.jpg [Excellent Alliance FC location]

Limits: Level 10-80.
Style: Capture The Flag.
Minimum: 5 Horde/5 Alliance.
Maximum: 10 Horde/10 Alliance.
Win Conditions: Capture the enemy's flag 3 times.

The strategy I use to win WSG is very simple. Control the middle! Controlling the middle allows many important aspects of this match to work flawlessly. Controlling the middle allows cover for your teammates to return the flag, it also halts the enemy from trying to return your flag.

When I play WSG I stand directly in front of the tunnel entrance. This position is clearly the most versatile. You can clearly see in coming attacks. You can flee to your graveyard if you are in need of assistance and you can retreat down your tunnel to safety.

The alliance holding spot is shown with me standing outside looking in. If you look at the picture you will notice a little nook that you can step into, you are actually very well hidden, and when you show up on the map you appear to be on the roof.

The key to a successful WSG match is a relentless assault. Lets set up a scenario..

Both flags have been taken. You know where the EFC is and you have the EF in your base ready for a cap. You and your team needs to coordinate an attack. One that will push the EFC out into the open, or drop dead. Ideally you are going to want your attack team to stop any in coming attacks on you on their way. They might have to stop the enemy multiple times, but if your entire team suddenly decides to go offense, there is no one there to protect you. So it is a good idea to take out any enemy offense.

Be aware, and ready for a cap. Communicate with your team. If you are attempting to recover your flag, talk to your FC and let him know to get ready to cap.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2009-03-19 at 03:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-03-10, 01:38 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Warsong Gultch 5063 FC Holding..."
Arathi Basin

Arathi Basin.JPG

3 nodes = 20 minute win.
4 nodes = 10 minute win.
5 nodes = 5 minute win.

Limits: Level 20-80.
Style: King of the Hill
Maximum: 15 Horde/15 Alliance.
Win Conditions: Accumulate 2000 resources

Last edited by Kazilla; 2009-03-19 at 03:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2009-03-10, 01:39 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Arathi Basin 5064 3 nodes = 20..."
Alterac Valley

Alterac Valley.JPG

Limits: Level 51-80.
Style: Deathmatch/Assassination
Minimum: 10 Horde/10 Alliance.
Maximum: 40 Horde/40 Alliance.
Win Conditions: Kill enemy general, or deplete enemy reinforcements.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2009-03-19 at 03:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2009-03-10, 01:39 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Alterac Valley 5065 Limits: Level..."
Eye of the Storm

Eye of the Storm.JPG

Limits: Level 61-80.
Style: CTF / King of the Hill.
Win Conditions: Accumulate 2000 victory points.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2009-03-10, 01:40 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Eye of the Storm 5066 Limits:..."
Strand of the Ancients

[picture comming soon]

Limits: Level 71-80.
Style: Assault.
Win Conditions: Assault and capture the enemy relic.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2009-03-10, 02:36 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Strand of the Ancients [picture..."
Wintergrasp

Wintergrasp.JPG

Last edited by Kazilla; 2009-03-19 at 03:12 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-02-02, 09:20 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Wintergrasp 5072"
What are your thoughts on PVP'ing at a lower level? Would it be worth trying to get some points/items early on, or in your opinion just wait until later end-game and put the work in then.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-02-03, 07:02 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "What are your thoughts on PVP'ing at a..."
They actually changed things since I last looked into it. You can now obtain experience through pvp. I'm not 100% sure on the amount and at what level, or the ratio in which you earn them. Give it a shot, hopefully you guy a few friends who will join you so you can all tag team the hopeless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-02-03, 10:05 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "They actually changed things since I..."
Wow I didn't know that either, could be something to legitimately look in to.

Quote:
With the upcoming content patch, players will be able to gain experience within the Battlegrounds for completing objectives and actions that yield honor in them. These objectives include (but are not limited to) capturing flags in Warsong Gulch, gaining resources in Eye of the Storm or Arathi Basin, or taking objectives in Alterac Valley. Player level will also affect the amount of experience that can be gained within the battleground.
And this was for patch 3.2

Excellent! This actually will stop the stupid 'twinks' from coming into the lower level BGs and ruining it for everyone that is playing legitimatly, per se. I'm assuming it means you can just keep running and getting the flags and that will be enough to earn some experience. Now does it increase exponentially? I'll have to look into it more.

Quote:
For those that would like to opt out of gaining experience while in the battleground, you will be able to visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar – both located near the battlemasters in either city – and turn off all experience accumulation for the cost of 10 gold. Players with experience gains turned off who compete in Battlegrounds will face off only against other players with experience gains turned off. Behsten and Slahtz can reinstate experience gains for players, for a 10 gold fee of course. Any experience that would’ve been accumulated if experience gains were not turned off cannot be recovered.
+rep for Blizzard.

**upon further reading edit*

http://www.wow.com/2009/10/02/wow-ca...-pvp-leveling/

Quote:
Do the dailies: Pick up the PvP daily (once you are level 10 or above). These quests provide great XP that scales for your level. You can find the daily quest next to the Battlemaster in any major city. If you are high enough level, I find the one in Shattrath to be the comfiest one (less people, less lag).
Quote:
Pick up the Battleground specific quests: Arathi Basin has one quest and Alterac Valley has several that scale for your level and provide a little bit of extra fun while you are in those battlegrounds. You have to actually go to the locations in Arathi Highlands and Alterac Mountains in order to pick up and turn in these quests.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]

Last edited by D3V; 2010-02-03 at 10:13 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V