Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

killing blues in town?
Posted 2004-01-23, 07:17 PM
it seems like every time I go AFK in town for a few minutes I come back dead. I'm blue. This has happened to my friend as well. Shouldnt the guards come or something? Some newbs appearently stand around town all day looking for anyone who goes AFK even for a second, ganks them and their loot, then hides... it's pretty annoying.
peekay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGrim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Grim

Posted 2004-01-24, 01:21 AM in reply to Grim's post "killing blues in town?"
Grim said:
it seems like every time I go AFK in town for a few minutes I come back dead. I'm blue. This has happened to my friend as well. Shouldnt the guards come or something? Some newbs appearently stand around town all day looking for anyone who goes AFK even for a second, ganks them and their loot, then hides... it's pretty annoying.

Yes I have noticed that too on Silvermoon they cast Explosion and run off screen and the guards dont do anything but the guy that did it to me was red luckily I was making a heal kegs at the time and was not afk. HAHA so he didnt get to come back for the kill.

Freya of DIE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Freya is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFreya is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Freya

Posted 2004-01-24, 06:20 AM in reply to Freya's post starting "Yes I have noticed that too on..."
Go AFK in a building with NPCS or in a safer area like your house if you're worried. It's a feature Ultima Online has always had.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nilbog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNilbog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nilbog

Posted 2004-01-24, 07:58 AM in reply to Nilbog's post starting "Go AFK in a building with NPCS or in a..."
Going afk in a building doesn't help. The annoying thing is that even calling guards after they cast and are still on screen doesn't whack them.
I talk trash because I can back it up, duel me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Drithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Drithe

Posted 2004-01-24, 11:38 AM in reply to Drithe's post starting "Going afk in a building doesn't help. ..."
They have to get out of the guard zone by the time the spell hits, or else they get whacked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Niiniux is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNiiniux is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Niiniux

Posted 2004-01-24, 10:53 PM in reply to Niiniux's post starting "They have to get out of the guard zone..."
Drithe and Nin, you're both incorrect.

You can get whacked outside. plus if you're near NPCS in a building it makes it harder for them (they'll get whacked because the NPCS call the guards.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nilbog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNilbog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nilbog

Posted 2004-01-24, 11:12 PM in reply to Niiniux's post starting "They have to get out of the guard zone..."
Either way, you still take the damage, which means they can still take your loot in town.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Drithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Drithe

Posted 2004-01-25, 04:59 AM in reply to Drithe's post starting "Either way, you still take the damage,..."
UO has always been this way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Nilbog

Posted 2004-01-25, 07:45 AM in reply to Nilbog's post starting "UO has always been this way."
That doesn't mean it doesn't need changed. =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Drithe

Posted 2004-01-25, 12:29 PM in reply to Drithe's post starting "That doesn't mean it doesn't need..."
Funny thing, I saw Ahriman (Nilbog on forums) & Love Me (Caffeine Free on forums) try to FS people to death at the bank today. I healed the victims while Love Me & Ahri ran to the healers... Twas my good deed for the day
"Two hands working do more than a thousand praying."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kyuss

Posted 2011-09-08, 02:02 AM in reply to Kyuss's post starting "Funny thing, I saw Ahriman (Nilbog on..."
Shade I've been at Glow bank for hours. Where are you?

Lets go farm rust knights.

PM if you lost my ICQ please.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2011-09-08, 02:04 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Shade I've been at Glow bank for hours...."
Oh what the hell, I was running around Glow for a bit but I didn't know you wanted to meet at the bank. Yeah PM me your ICQ, I lost it. We should go to daemon temple though and stand under the door frames, they won't be able to hit us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shade enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShade enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shade

Posted 2011-09-08, 02:06 AM in reply to Shade's post starting "Oh what the hell, I was running around..."
My bad xD yea sounds good. I need to stop off at hyloth and grab a new red spear. Meet u there. ICQ sent.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2011-09-08, 10:04 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "My bad xD yea sounds good. I need to..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!