Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

More 1.10 patch news.
Posted 2003-05-12, 03:15 AM
Here are some information about patch 1.10.

"Q: When is Diablo II 1.10 coming out?
A: The 1.10 patch of Diablo II that is currently being run through our QA testing procedure. Although we do not have a release date set for this patch, we are working hard to get it out as soon as possible.

Q: Can you give us an estimate on when the patch will come out?
A: Estimates are usually wrong so no, we're not giving one at this time.

Q: I heard the patch came out early, where can I download it?
A: The patch didn't come out, some additional information about the patch came out. You cannot get the patch until it's officially relased.

Q: Are you beta testing the patch?
A: No we don't beta test patches. Sorry!

Q: What changes will be made to Diablo II: Classic?
A: You will most likely have to wait until the patch is released for that information.

Q: Of the information that was released early via the Arreat Summit, what is most incorrect?
A:
-Rune Words (redone, should be very different but the names might be the same, the items required might be different, the bonuses and runes required are different),
-Skills (they weren't done yet, that's a very old version, they have changed since then)
-Uber items -> There are no Uber items. The items exist but they are no different than other items.
-The Unique/Set items were mostly correct but could change between now and release. There were some text errors when adding them to the guide and the damage might be a bit off.

Q: Is there some new secret Unique set?
A: No. It appears someone conned a fan site into believing they have secret info and they took the bait.

Q: Are there any other Unique items that were not released in the Arreat Summit?
A: No, that was all of them.

Q: Are there any new Crafted Items?
A: No but there are new Horadric Cube recipes, Rune Words, about 100 Uniques, and upgraded Class-specific Sets.

Q: Can I pick up a second Unique Charm of
the same type if I already have one?
A: No.

Q: Are there new sets?
A: No but the class-specific sets have been rebalanced (improved).

Q: Will I have to get the new 1.10 Set Items to get the new bonuses?
A: My current answer I received says yes. You will need to get the new version to get the new bonus.

Q: What will happen to 1.08 items?
A: That question gets asked a lot, why I don't know. Nothing should happen to them as long as they are not duped. If you have a legit 1.08
item, nothing should happen to it.

Q: Can you give us a list of duped/hacked items so I can avoid them?
A: Sorry but we can't. Perhaps a fan site might have such a list. Try looking for it.

Q: How long will a ladder season last?
A: We haven't revealed that information yet.

Q: Where can I learn more about Ladder Characters?
A: Go here: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/bas...tertypes.shtml

Q: What is the deal with ladder only items?
A: There are many new Unique items that only drop in ladder games. The only way normal (non ladder characters) can get these items is by waiting until the ladder season is over, then trading for them once the ladder characters from that season are converted to normal characters. You can also get ladder only items in single player, TCP/IP, and Open Characters. Certainly some players (who claim they won't create ladder characters), want access to these items immediately and might be disappointed they can't get them. But those players are FREE to create ladder characters if they want a chance to get them right away

Q: Can I make suggestions for changes for 1.10?
A: You can if you post in the Suggestions Forum
http://www.battle.net/forums/board.a...me=suggestions
, but be aware that the content for this patch is already locked down so we are not adding anything beyond what is already planned.

Q: How big is the patch size?
A: It should be about the same as other patches. While this patch is changing a lot of things, many of those changes are in text files which keeps the size small.

Q: What are you doing about duped/hacked items?
A: New Anti-Cheat Measures – We have addressed some of the ways that “grief” players have used hacks or exploited features/bugs in Diablo II to unfairly attack others. We have taken measures to address a number of existing cheats, hacks, and illegal items with an eye toward preventing such cheating in the future.

Also see:
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread....Count=0#post69

Q: What bugs have been fixed in 1.10?
A: You'll have to wait for a list of changes, this will come only when the patch is released.

Q: Can you give us more clues about the new World Event? Is it active now?
A: It will be active when 1.10 comes out. It's not active now. We will give no further clues. You should be able to figure it out. But, although many people think they know what it is, I've yet to see anyone put all the pieces (guesses) together to get the right answer.

Q: Can the Barbarian use his skills while in Wolf Form?
A: He can only use his passive skills and the skills that the Wolfhelm gives"

Copy an' Pasted from Bnet forums:
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread....=20#post123348
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-05-12, 03:32 AM in reply to Mr.Lee's post "More 1.10 patch news."
"we are working hard to get it out as soon as possible."
Or, never, to make it simple.

"we're not giving one at this time"
I think the users would be pissed if we tell the truth, so no estimate this time.

"Are there new sets?"
New sets... O_o

"If you have a legit 1.08 item, nothing should happen to it."
I didn't say your duped 08 will be deleted though.

"How long will a ladder season last?"
Oh yeah...the ladder season...we almost forgot.

"until the ladder season is over"
Like never.

"You can if you post in the Suggestions Forum"
Keep it mind that, just because you posted it doesn't mean we will take them into consideration.

"What bugs have been fixed in 1.10?"
Aww, we didn't know 1.09 have bugs...

^_^

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-12, 07:44 AM in reply to Mr.Lee's post "More 1.10 patch news."
Senesia said:

muha lol
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

You missed me? I'M BACK!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2003-05-12, 06:23 PM in reply to Mr.Lee's post "More 1.10 patch news."
JiDDaR said:
Senesia said:

muha lol
Well said mate..well said
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hell_SpawN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHell_SpawN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hell_SpawN