Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Gustav makes landfall in Haiti
Posted 2008-08-26, 01:15 PM
Another hurricane on the Horizon, oh joy.

I wouldn't mind Florida getting stomped again, then again it is pretty nice that it isn't raining anymore...

Quote:
Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
2:45 p.m. ET 8/26/2008
Hurricane Gustav, with 90-mph sustained winds, has make landfall on the southwest peninsula of Haiti.

View the Hurricane Gustav Tracker.

As of 2 p.m. EDT, the eye of Gustav was located about 40 miles southwest of Port Au Prince, Haiti. Gustav was moving toward the northwest at 10 mph. A turn toward the west-northwest and decrease in forward speed is expected tomorrow with the hurricane forecast to be near southeastern Cuba.

View the projected path.

Hurricane warnings remain in effect from Barahona in the Dominican Republic west to Le Mole St. Nicholas in Haiti, and for the Cuban provinces of Guantanamo, Santiago de Cuba and Granma.

Hurricane watches are posted for Haiti from Le Mole St. Nicholas to the northern border with the Dominican Republic; the Cuban provinces of Las Tunas and Holguin; and Jamaica.

Elsewhere, Tropical Depression Fay continues to inundate much of the Southeast and southern Appalachians. The low that was formerly Fay is near the Alabama-Tennessee border and tracking northward. Flood watches remain posted for the eastern half of Tennessee, a good chunk of Georgia and portions of the western Carolinas. Isolated tornadoes remain a threat.

In the eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Julio has weakened to a dissipating low over the northern Gulf of California. No further bulletins will be issued on the system.

Meanwhile, in the Atlantic Ocean, two other areas are being monitored for tropical cyclone development. One is located several hundred miles east-northeast of the Leeward Islands, and the other is just southwest of the Cape Verde Islands.
www.weather.com

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-08-26, 02:25 PM in reply to D3V's post "Gustav makes landfall in Haiti"
have fun man hope you get hit and get a new car
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-08-26, 04:34 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "have fun man hope you get hit and get a..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
have fun man hope you get hit and get a new car
It's ironic. That Hurricane hit the Cayman Islands (where I went on vacation last week) just after I left.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-26, 04:37 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "It's ironic. That Hurricane hit the..."
I wouldn't mind some more destruction, but in all seriousness I would rather it not, being stuck at home during the horrible storm is pitiful, and if anything around a category 2 storm or up comes through we would evacuate. 60 MPH winds are disgusting, anything in the 80-120 range (or whatever it goes through 2-3 category) is seriously dangerous, I'd rather not have to go hang out in GA, or wherever would be advised.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-08-26, 04:42 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I wouldn't mind some more destruction,..."
you should come all the way over the the good state of arizona, you'll see so little rain you'll of forgotten what it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 07:44 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "you should come all the way over the..."
Heh, no thanks! I like humidity and beaches.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-26, 09:27 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Heh, no thanks! I like humidity and..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Heh, no thanks! I like humidity and beaches.
You're screwed in Flordia without air conditioning and a tolerance for rain storms and hurricanes. That sums it up
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-26, 10:11 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "You're screwed in Flordia without air..."
Yes, but living here for 21 years I'm used to it being 90 degrees all but about 2 months out of the year, so really it's not too bad. I just keep my windows down in my car and over 60mph and i'm straight.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-27, 07:25 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes, but living here for 21 years I'm..."
Yes, but living here for 21 years I'm used to it being 90 degrees all but about 2 months out of the year, so really it's not too bad. I just keep my windows down in my car and over 60mph and i'm straight.
What has been the lowest temperature in the Winter down at Florida?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-27, 08:03 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "What has been the lowest temperature in..."
At nights, it can get in the low 60's, high 50's normally. Not sure what the record low is, but probably freezing point?

Also, it's now looking as though Gustav is staying away from Florida and is going to crush Louisianna / Texas or somewhere in that area, and potentially as a Cat 3 or stronger... Great for my company, bad for the people there though...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-08-27, 11:17 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "At nights, it can get in the low 60's,..."
Yeah, it's probably gonna come hit Mississppi just to fuck with me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-27, 11:26 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "What has been the lowest temperature in..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
What has been the lowest temperature in the Winter down at Florida?
Well, i'd say in the winter it can actually get down in the teens in Florida, we never get snow though.

Even out where I live away from the coast i've personally seen it down to about 8 degrees, that was about two years ago it was awesome, we put our sprinklers on our roof and filled both sides of our yard with ice. LOL.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-28, 07:13 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, i'd say in the winter it can..."
You know what would be awesome? If Florida or California blew themselves off of the US and became a separate country/island.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-28, 01:04 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "You know what would be awesome? If..."
....Right

California will eventually break at the fault line and about half of it will be gone,and Florida is already progressively going under water more and more each year, I wouldn't be suprised in 50 years if the tides increase to a point where some areas are uninhabitable.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-28, 01:49 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "....Right California will eventually..."
Now there is another Tropical Depression that might be threatening Florida next week?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-08-28, 01:52 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Now there is another Tropical..."
YES!!!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-28, 04:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "....Right California will eventually..."
....Right

California will eventually break at the fault line and about half of it will be gone,and Florida is already progressively going under water more and more each year, I wouldn't be suprised in 50 years if the tides increase to a point where some areas are uninhabitable.
Heh, 50 years? Remember that map I showed of the future of the world? That's supposed start in around 5...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-28, 04:50 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Heh, 50 years? Remember that map I..."
well that's fuckin scary.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-08-28, 05:13 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Heh, 50 years? Remember that map I..."
Source? That looks to be what the earth will look like in at least a century, especially if we get more efficient means of getting energy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-08-28, 09:22 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Source? That looks to be what the..."
It's going to take longer than 5 years, we could drop nuclear bombs across the entire world and it would still take much more damage to the ozone layer before anything really drastic will happen, but we are seriously, in the begenning stages of it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V