Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2002-02-27, 07:32 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
Hmm, it would need some fixes, cause the frame itself got messed up, but I'd do that in no time.

Besides, why is Xenn getting all the credits for that frame now? I was the guy who spent all the time on making that transparency
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-27, 08:10 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
I prefer the first one (the one by King Kai 3 with the frame and letters with shadow, to be specific)

Personal preference
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-02-27, 08:30 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
Here's my 5 minute entry (well, maybe 10 ).
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-27, 08:44 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
You're kidding, right?

I don't know that anyone would take us seriously with a logo like that.
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-02-27, 08:57 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
Kidding about what? :\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-27, 09:09 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
might as well give it a go also.
how are these?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
moonshaye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmoonshaye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

moonshaye

Posted 2002-02-27, 09:15 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
If I'm going to be blunt..

Unimpressive.

Use nicer color matches.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-02-27, 09:19 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
More crap:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-27, 09:27 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-27, 03:15 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
OMFG...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
~-Killah out-~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Killah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKillah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Killah

Posted 2002-02-27, 03:48 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
My candy logo owns you all
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-27, 04:35 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
here...with the border fixed:

anything else you think needs work? i do have these on *.psd files with a lotta layers so everything is easily fixable (and changable). im going to do a lil more work on it today if i get the time.

Last edited by King Kai 3; 2002-02-27 at 04:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-02-27, 04:45 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
Remember that you can make a logo for the forums too. The ones you're all making is just for the site itself (http://www.zelaron.com).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-27, 05:14 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
whats the format for the graphic for the forum? image size, ect?

264 x 105?

^ working on this one but im about to give up :/
maybe ill get some ideas tommarow.

Last edited by King Kai 3; 2002-02-27 at 10:22 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-02-28, 08:39 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"

That's a decent height. A plus would be if you doesn't make it any wider than 800 pixels, and add a possibility so I can remove the white line. If I would do it right now, the logo would look "cut off".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-28, 02:12 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
I'm going to extend the competition until March 3rd, since nobody noticed it was here for like 2 days
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-02-28, 02:38 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
Sounds good to me
Don't we have any more designers here?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-28, 06:49 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
this is looking great! We need more of a... cooler background! Not jsut a patturn!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-02-28, 06:50 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
Also some more 'text affects'
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-03-07, 04:39 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Art Competition"
here is something i came up for for the forums.

edit: lightning one with font change :/

edit: backround change

also tell me the plugin you used to do the font on the graphic now and ill use it in this. I try to stay away from plugins so i have no clue which you used for that :/ I know that eye-candy was used for the smoke tho :/

Last edited by King Kai 3; 2002-03-07 at 08:22 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

King Kai 3