Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Member Introductions

Posted 2008-05-15, 04:31 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Hoo teh fukk caers?"
Touche monsieur, mais j'aime beaucoup.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-15, 07:26 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Touche monsieur, mais j'aime beaucoup."
Pardon me and my crappy english, it isn't my first language.
Palin has scat for brains.

I approve this message.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Elizabeth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzElizabeth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Elizabeth

Posted 2008-05-15, 09:58 PM in reply to Elizabeth's post starting "Pardon me and my crappy english, it..."
What's your first and where are you from?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-16, 03:22 PM in reply to Elizabeth's post starting "Pardon me and my crappy english, it..."
I only know how to type and speak some French because of language class (I'm in French 2 in 9th). I could speak on this forum in all spanish because of my fluency in the language, but there would be no communication between me and you entities...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-16, 07:26 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I only know how to type and speak some..."
My First is Castillian and I'm from El Salvador, born in America though.

(currently residing in America to this day, I was in this studies abroad thing for a long time in England and certain parts of Dublin Ireland)

I approve this message.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Elizabeth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzElizabeth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Elizabeth

Posted 2008-05-16, 08:28 PM in reply to Elizabeth's post starting "My First is Castillian and I'm from El..."
El Salvador; you must be quite the looker.

That sounds like quite the study abroad experience. I plan on traveling to England several times in my life, but after I get a college degree. Are you currently attending a university of some sort? Are you out of college?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-16, 10:20 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "El Salvador; you must be quite the..."
I appreciate the comment, and I guess I have fare features, but I'd prefer not to be vain.

It is wonderful and no my education is pretty hard/complex to explain, I'm not in college (not old enough & not enough credits yet either) but I'm taking college classes. The study abroad program was something I signed up for at the local community college, it was interesting.

If you do go to England the palace isn't all it's cracked up to be, it's actually pretty pathetic. The castles in Ireland are much better, and more scenic.

I approve this message.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Elizabeth

Posted 2008-05-17, 05:19 AM in reply to Elizabeth's post starting "I appreciate the comment, and I guess I..."
I was going to ask which part of England you were in, but methinks I don't need to now. London, is my guess. Anywhere else than London? Because if you didn't, you missed some fantastic castles up here (North).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-05-17, 11:48 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I was going to ask which part of..."
Oh no, I was stationed in London (good guess), it's pretty to be honest but I don't like the castle I expected something a bit more fairytale like.

I approve this message.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Elizabeth

Posted 2008-05-18, 05:51 AM in reply to Elizabeth's post starting "Oh no, I was stationed in London (good..."
Well, "palace", rather than castle.

Did you get chance to see Windsor Castle at all? It's one of the Queen's official residences, and damn, it's a nice place. Nearly as nice as the castle and estates up in Scotland.

What did you think of London? And when was it you were over here?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-05-18, 08:00 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well, "palace", rather than castle...."
Manchester United! ftw
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-18, 11:08 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well, "palace", rather than castle...."
Lenny, if you get rich some day you need your own castle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-18, 06:14 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well, "palace", rather than castle...."
Well I understand there's a difference between a palace and castle but I sort of always generalized them as synonyms for each other.

Sadly no, I didn't do to much site seeing, I was more focused on my studies and at the time this pleasant fellow who had stolen my heart. Sad to, I had heard about it, I wanted to go, it seemed like a nice tourist spot. Let's see I went when I was thirteen, so a while ago can't really give an exact number or date because I'd rather not disclose my age.

Brits are very nice people, thanks to my spanish accent, fare skin, and black hair most assumed I was from Spain so if the rumor is true; (They treat Americans badly), I didn't run into that problem. When I first went I thought the accent was very exotic, but after a while it just got a tad irritating and incomprehensable. I spent most of my time at City hall doing my research on the government and cultural differences between there and where I'm from and other small studies on the architect of the tower bridge and the tower of london. My second most frequented place was actually the Tower of london, I did a lot of research on William the Conqueror there. A very dreary and frightening place, I don't plan on going back any time soon, the worst part was getting there, the sea sickness I got from taking the commuter boat at St Katherines Docks across the Thames river was horrid.

I approve this message.

Last edited by Elizabeth; 2008-05-18 at 06:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Elizabeth

Posted 2008-05-18, 06:32 PM in reply to Elizabeth's post starting "Oh no, I was stationed in London (good..."
Elizabeth said:
Oh no, I was stationed in London (good guess), it's pretty to be honest but I don't like the castle I expected something a bit more fairytale like.
Did you take a picture with the guards and try to get them to move (you'd get arrested). I've been all over Europe, and when I was in England Cambridge was a very pleasant place to reside in. Yes, both the palace and the tower of london weren't that great, but think how old they are I also went when I was thirteen, and guessing from what you have said so far, you're about 16 or 17. That's my prediction!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-18, 07:34 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Did you take a picture with the guards..."
Ha brava, I won't tell you if your right or wrong I'll just nod my head and smile.

I took a lot of pictures but the stupidity of it all is that the young man that had swooned me over was in all of them and when he broke my heart they all went in flames, I do believe my father still has a few he salvaged. I could scan them and get them up here in the near future.

I did not try to harass the guards, though I did touch the fuzzy hat with permission of course. I hope to god it was faux fur, I can not stand touching dead animals.

I approve this message.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Elizabeth

Posted 2008-05-19, 03:00 AM in reply to Elizabeth's post starting "Ha brava, I won't tell you if your..."
Real Canadian Bear fur - humanely culled, though. They don't kill the bears specifically for the fur.

There's a name for them that has something to do with "bear", but I just can't remember it.

---

You know, Buckingham Palace is relatively young - the main facade that is seen was built in 1850 (the East Side with the massive statue outside), and redesigned in 1913. The main core building dates to 1703, which was then called Buckingham House.

As for the Tower, it was originally a simple square keep (the White Tower) built by William the Conqueror in 1078, with fortifications and a moat built by Richard the Lionheart in the 12th Century and Henry III in the 13th, and further fortifications between 1275 and 1285 by Edward I. It was actually a royal residence (Henry III's work) until Oliver Cromwell demolished the palatial buildings in his time in power (1653 to 1658).

Now if you want old, you need only look at the Palace of Westminster (Houses of Parliament) - earliest records suggest that it was a royal residence in 1016 of Canute the Great. William I moved there from the Tower during his reign. Sadly, the buildings were demolished by William II, and those which stand today are the ones he had built. Indeed, every Parliament has met in the Palace since 1295. So although the buildings might not be old as the Tower, the site itself is far older.

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-05-19 at 03:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-05-19, 02:32 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Real Canadian Bear fur - humanely..."
Too old, I can't compute that far...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-19, 04:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Real Canadian Bear fur - humanely..."
Elizabeth said:
Brits are very nice people, thanks to my spanish accent, fare skin, and black hair most assumed I was from Spain so if the rumor is true; (They treat Americans badly)
Lenny, does this describe your treatment of Americans? Do you, in fact, hate the hell out of all of us?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-05-19, 04:27 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Lenny, does this describe your..."
Do you still call us the "colonies" as I've seen many-a-time on t.v.? :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-19, 04:34 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Do you still call us the "colonies" as..."
Damn straight. You wouldn't believe how often we discuss the colonies over our afternoon tea. We find your leadership contests worthy of a chuckle every once in a while. Good show, chaps.

---

Quote:
Lenny, does this describe your treatment of Americans? Do you, in fact, hate the hell out of all of us?
You know, I personally haven't met any Americans in real life. To me you're all mythical beasts. For all I know, Zelaron could be part of a four year high. However, there isn't much good feeling towards Bush and his bloody-minded "war on terror" in the country, and you wouldn't believe how much we more upper class citizens ridicule the bible bashing peoples in the American bible belt.

Edited by Lenny, Brit 
Actually, tell a lie. I nearly bumped into a fat American couple in Wales once. Gods, they were obnoxious. We were visiting a nice castle and we could hear them drawling away in an ear-destroying accent from across the turrets.

Heeyyy hun-ney, look at the tow-er. Isn't it amayyy-zing?

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-05-19 at 04:38 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny