Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Starcraft 2 Officially Announced
Posted 2007-05-19, 12:05 AM
Yep. No article on me though, it was JUST announced.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-19, 09:30 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "http://pc.ign.com/articles/790/790128p1...."
I have to admit the screenshots are amazing.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-05-19, 10:11 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I have to admit the screenshots are..."
Trust me to find this after posting my own thread. .

Ah well, here's what I posted, complete with lots of links.

---

IGN said:
Blizzard Entertainment today unveiled StarCraft II, the sequel to its award-winning real-time strategy game StarCraft, at the 2007 Blizzard Worldwide Invitational event in Seoul, South Korea. The announcement took place inside the Olympic Gymnastics Arena, in front of thousands of attendees, who received a presentation that included a StarCraft II cinematic trailer and a gameplay demonstration by the development team.

Designed to be the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game, StarCraft II will feature the return of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg races, overhauled and re-imagined with Blizzard's signature approach to game balance. Each race will be further distinguished from the others, with several new units and new gameplay mechanics, as well as new abilities for some of the classic StarCraft units that will be making a reappearance in the game. StarCraft II will also feature a custom 3D-graphics engine with realistic physics and the ability to render several large, highly detailed units and massive armies on-screen simultaneously.

"With StarCraft II, we'll be able to do everything we wanted to do with the original StarCraft and more," stated Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We recognize that expectations are high following the long-running popularity of the original game, but we plan to meet those expectations and deliver an engaging, action-packed, competitive experience that StarCraft players and strategy gamers worldwide will enjoy."

StarCraft II will include a unique single-player campaign, as well as fast-paced online play through an upgraded version of Blizzard's renowned online gaming service, Battle.net®. In addition, the game will come with a powerful, full-featured map editor that will put the same tools used by Blizzard's designers into the hands of players.

Blizzard is developing StarCraft II for simultaneous release on the Windows® and Macintosh® PC platforms. Further information about the game, including details on the single-player, multiplayer, and map-editor features, as well as system requirements, pricing, and availability, will be announced in the months ahead. To learn more about StarCraft II, please visit the official website at StarCraft II.
IGN: StarCraft II Unveiled
IGN: Starcraft II Website Launched
IGN: StarCraft II -- Not For Consoles
IGN: StarCraft 2 Announced

StarCraft 2: What Blizzard is Officially Saying news from 1UP.com
StarCraft 2: First Screenshots news from 1UP.com
StarCraft 2 Officially Announced news from 1UP.com

GameTrailers.com - Starcraft 2 (PC) - Media, News, Reviews, Previews

Additional Starcraft II details unveiled at press conference - PC News at GameSpot
Starcraft II warps into Seoul - PC News at GameSpot

Linkage for the win!

Enjoy!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-19, 10:13 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Trust me to find this after posting my..."
WHoa, was that a brief clip of kerrigan I saw.....

The game look's like it's pretty far off in the devlopement to me.... Could we possibly be seeing a release within the year?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-19, 11:14 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "WHoa, was that a brief clip of kerrigan..."
I heard it was slated for 2009, but it's hearsay as I saw it in guildchat, I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-19, 01:56 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I heard it was slated for 2009, but..."
omg WOOT, i've been normal starcraft lately and i am hooked now so this is really exciting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2007-05-19, 03:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Starcraft 2 Officially Announced"
Oh my god I never thought this day would come.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2007-05-19, 04:39 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Oh my god I never thought this day..."
Eh, release is rumored to be 2008 on Wikipedia, but none of the references show where Blizzard has stated that.

Considering it's still pre-Alpha, I'd bet more on 2009.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-19, 05:52 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Eh, release is rumored to be 2008 on..."
2009 sounds about right.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2007-05-19, 07:09 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "2009 sounds about right."
Damn ...that'll make it what, 11 years between starcrafts?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-19, 07:12 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Damn ...that'll make it what, 11 years..."
How are Blizzard with anniversary games and what not? Because if 2009 is 11 years since the previous Starcraft, they might decide to release it in 2008, for the game's 10th Anniversary.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-19, 07:20 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "How are Blizzard with anniversary games..."
I don't recall anniversary games except for like the WC2 Battlechest, I think. Blizz is notorious for delaying games forever, is all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-19, 08:49 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I don't recall anniversary games except..."
Starcraft 2, coming soon to a store near you in 2020.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-19, 10:34 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Starcraft 2, coming soon to a store..."
You know I was kind of hoping for Diablo 3... I have such great memories of playing Diablo 2. I don't know if I have the devotion it takes to be a competetive player in SC2.

I'm still looking forward to it though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2007-05-19, 11:12 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "You know I was kind of hoping for..."
Diablo 3 would be better IMO. World of Starcraft would be cool. First person MMO =P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-19, 11:18 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I don't recall anniversary games except..."
My guess is 2 years from when WOW xpac released.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-20, 03:29 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Starcraft 2 Officially Announced"
AAAAAARGH!! STARCRAFT 2! The Blizzard are cruel gods indeed, they deliver us one wonderful curse after another (not exactly.)
This... Hell, it's about time.

(It think it is about time to make "Hell, it's about time" a (forced) meme, if it isn't one already)

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2007-05-20, 03:57 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "AAAAAARGH!! STARCRAFT 2! The Blizzard..."
Ive some of the gameplay downloads converting to put on my ZUNE and stare at work through the whole day. Mothership black hole...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-20, 10:35 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Ive some of the gameplay downloads..."
I need to read the story behind it. As to why there are so few dragoons left, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood