Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

A fascinating look at Tsarist Russia.
Posted 2009-09-06, 02:25 PM
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/object.html

Photographs taken between 1907 and 1915 using a special camera that captured the image on red, green and blue plates respectively. When the three plates are combined, the image is in colour!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-09-07, 11:56 AM in reply to Lenny's post "A fascinating look at Tsarist Russia."
I like this. There's a few pictures that I like more than others:

I love the effect that the plates give the water in the second picture.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-09-07, 12:31 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I like this. There's a few pictures..."
I believe that the reason for that is because three pictures were taken in quick succession (one to each plate) over the period of a few seconds, rather than all at once. For something like architecture, or people, the three pictures will be the same because things don't move. Water, however, is a different story.

I agree that the effect is nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-09-08, 01:49 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I believe that the reason for that is..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
For something like architecture, or people, the three pictures will be the same because things don't move.

So you finally found a replacement for Corridor Girl?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Babylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBabylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Babylon

Posted 2009-09-08, 11:05 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I believe that the reason for that is..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
For something like architecture, or people, the three pictures will be the same because things don't move.

Unless you have a child like the one in the lower left hand corner of this picture that decides to move.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-09-08, 11:39 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Unless you have a child like the one in..."
Wow, this is pretty cool! Thanks for the post, Lenny. I've gone through a ton of 'em and theyre all pretty cool.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-09-08, 12:45 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Wow, this is pretty cool! Thanks for..."
Everyone in those pictures are dead. Shame on you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-09-08, 01:08 PM in reply to Babylon's post starting "So you finally found a replacement for..."
You make no sense at all. How does bolding those two sets of words bring you to any conclusion even similar to Corridor Girl?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny