Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Keep it or leave it
Keep it, 5 letter rule is helpful and not that annoying 12 60.00%
Get rid of it, it's a neusance and not always needed 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:13 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I think if a single post fits then that..."
Mjordan2nd said:
I think if a single post fits then that rule should not be automatically enforced. Why automate the moderator's job when they can do it so much more efficiently?

As if. I see a very overwhelming ammount of spam in areas suposed to be free of it.

Though since I have been complaining about it, the problem IMO does seem to be lessening.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:14 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "As if. I see a very overwhelming..."
Adrenachrome said:
As if. I see a very overwhelming ammount of spam in areas suposed to be free of it.

Though since I have been complaining about it, the problem IMO does seem to be lessening.
You think removing the five character requirement is going to increase spam? Conversely, do you think raising the character requirement will decrease spam?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:16 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Because retards complain loudly and..."
WetWired said:
Because retards complain loudly and persistantly when rules are enforced on a case by case basis.
What about you? You think eliminating the five character rule will increase spam?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:18 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "What about you? You think eliminating..."
Adrenachrome said:
Ditch the 5 letter rule and enforce signifigant post rules completely in all non spam forums.

No. because you are still spamming even if you put "fuck ww" under your spam. Outside the chatterbox of course. So I am suggesting that they eliminate the rule and replace it with more responsible moderation in the better forums.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:21 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "No. because you are still spamming even..."
Adrenachrome said:
No. because you are still spamming even if you put "fuck ww" under your spam. Outside the chatterbox of course. So I am suggesting that they eliminate the rule and replace it with more responsible moderation in the better forums.
My point, however, is that certain posts are not spam that contain the "fuck ww" signature, they are merely posts which do not require more content to be valid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:28 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "My point, however, is that certain..."
Mjordan2nd said:
My point, however, is that certain posts are not spam that contain the "fuck ww" signature, they are merely posts which do not require more content to be valid.
If they are in chatterbox yes, if not it is highly likely that they should be scrutinized and removed if nessicary.

And I still believe that posts in the whole chatterbox should not go toward postcount, and people can just go nuts in there, but you better keep that shit out of the other sections.

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2008-03-28 at 11:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-29, 06:52 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "My point, however, is that certain..."
Mjordan2nd said:
"/signed"?

That's as bad as replying with "yeah" or "agree". If I posted something, and I got a number of "/signed" replies, I'd want to know why I got them. Simply putting "/signed" says nothing about why you agree with the post.

In the more serious forums, "/signed" does nothing to further the discussion. "/sgned" plus why you agree, does. It doesn't have to be a multi-page extravaganza, a sentence or two will do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-29, 08:06 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting ""/signed"? That's as bad as..."
why do poeple put like /signed. whats the / mean?
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-03-29, 08:20 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "why do poeple put like /signed. whats..."
/ is used in many online instances like in IRC to denote an action.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-29, 12:13 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting ""/signed"? That's as bad as..."
Lenny said:
"/signed"?

That's as bad as replying with "yeah" or "agree". If I posted something, and I got a number of "/signed" replies, I'd want to know why I got them. Simply putting "/signed" says nothing about why you agree with the post.

In the more serious forums, "/signed" does nothing to further the discussion. "/sgned" plus why you agree, does. It doesn't have to be a multi-page extravaganza, a sentence or two will do.
KA already described the motivation behind his opinion in the post I replied "/signed" to. I could not have done it better without getting unnecessarily philosophical. Perhaps I could reword it, but that is just fluff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-30, 02:13 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "KA already described the motivation..."
I think we should ban everyone for saying "fuck ww" because it's flaming outside of the flame forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-30, 03:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think we should ban everyone for..."
if you banned everyne that said that the fourm would be like, dead
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-03-30, 03:05 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "if you banned everyne that said that..."
Like, totally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-30, 04:26 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "/ is used in many online instances like..."
Atnas said:
/ is used in many online instances like in IRC to denote an action.
Thanks! I had the same question.

I agree with lenny. there are many posts that contribute to the discussion but then have the "fuck WW" at the bottom of them. It is when people just do that for the reason of fulfilling a requirement that it is stupid.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin