Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Windows Installer Service Problems
Posted 2008-01-25, 11:54 AM
So for a while now, I kept getting the message "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." Today, I got frustrated by it, and decided to fix it, however I'm having problems.

I backed up all the old dlls and exes associated with the msi service per Microsoft's website's instructions and reinstalled the windows installer. This did not fix my problem.

I proceeded to verify that I had the right path in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\MSIServer in the ImagePath variable. I did. It was the default msiexec location, with the ValueData in ImagePath reading C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /V. This solved the original problem, however now my Microsoft installer is stuck in the preparing to install mode. I waited 10 minutes for it to prepare. When I felt that it was obvious that the installation was a failed venture, I canceled. The windows installer then got stuck canceling the installation process. I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Any help would be appreciated.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-01-25, 12:02 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Windows Installer Service Problems"
LOL, actually sounds like some sort of spyware trying to install on your machine and it's missing a directory or something. I'd do the usual spyware sweep and see what you can't uncover.. possibly run some Hijack This and AdAware .. among other things.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-25, 12:03 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "LOL, actually sounds like some sort of..."
I run AdAware and AVG every night. Didn't find anything last night.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-01-25, 12:05 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I run AdAware and AVG every night...."
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319624

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-25, 12:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319624"
Hmm, don't know how I never found that page. I've been banging my head against the wall trying this one: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346. Anyway, got it to work. Thanks a lot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-01-25, 12:26 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Hmm, don't know how I never found that..."
Anytime.

On a side not, since I've had vista I've had no errors, ever, and no crashes. Pretty amazing really.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-10, 11:28 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Anytime. On a side not, since I've..."
Get windows outta safe mode then, or idk, get a technician?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
alex132005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

alex132005

Posted 2008-04-10, 11:33 AM in reply to alex132005's post starting "Get windows outta safe mode then, or..."
He got it fixed a while ago bud, lol.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V