Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question Play without CD?
Posted 2003-09-22, 02:59 PM
I have heard there is a program or method for this, can someone tell me the details? I have a small crack in the cd-rom and I know its days are numbered...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-09-22, 05:21 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
I do it every time i play but i have xp... what do you have>?
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-09-22, 05:23 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
www.gamecopyworld.com has CD cracks for most games, but of course, you better have bought the game or else it's piracy.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-23, 12:59 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
zagggon said:
I do it every time i play but i have xp... what do you have>?
I have XP Professional.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-09-23, 07:50 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
then i have no idea... One day i just took the cd out and the game kept running and i have done it ever since because it makes it have alot less lagg.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-09-23, 10:07 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
If you do the full install, then you "can" play without the cd. But you do need the cd to start the game, also if you have a new character that passing acts, you need the cd key inorder for it. If not it will ask "Please insert Cd" as you about to go from act to act.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-09-24, 09:30 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
really that is cool but if you dont want to even bother using the cd to even load it you can get d2loader by onlyer it is on www.d2dl.com after you get it all you have to do is copy a file from the cd to the d2 directory and replace the existing exe with the one that you down load i think it is the d2xtalk.mpq file that you replace but not positive it says to copy like 4 files from the cd but if you have a full installtion you dont need to replace the ones you already have there just get the ones you are missing in the d2 directory
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-09-24, 10:34 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
This what I was trying, the only problem is I cannot find a file named LOD.EXE.....and I cant find this so called loader archive...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-09-24, 12:21 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
i cant help you with that because i just use onlyer's and it is alot simpler to use.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-09-24, 02:53 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
Got the onlyers, works like a charm thx tidus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-09-25, 08:14 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
no problem just glad to help i think that it makes the game less laggy for me anyway. the only problem i have encountered is occasionally i get a box that popsup and says we got a big error here but it just closes d2 and then you just reload d2 and it works fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-09-25, 11:12 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
Hmm funny, I was thinking mine is more laggy but the bnet servers have been in the toilet anyway lately...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-09-28, 11:44 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
yeah the servers have been pretty laggy as of late
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-09-30, 04:04 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
I have a question about d2 loader where can i get storm.dll it says that the file is missing.. and where can i get onlyers from if i can't get d2loader to work thanks...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
krakken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkrakken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

krakken

Posted 2003-10-01, 12:24 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Play without CD?"
onlyer wrote the file d2loader and not sure where the storm.dll is it might be on you cd just search it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005