Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

An unfriendly reminder...
Posted 2008-06-22, 07:07 AM
Yarrr! I will ban ye all to Kingdom Come (which is a good Elseworld-comic I'd recommend to most users.) My previous thread did almost work out as planned, although I did not predict that He would try to minimize damage and remove the thread from public sight...

This did not serve my purposes as I can not answer to replies to that thread anymore, thus: This thread.

As I said in my controversial thread, I am a new kid who recently got Supreme Moderator-status for dubious reasons. This community is old, it would logically object to a new individual from nowhere who attempts to take the reins. Still, as Zelaron is as it is - I believe it is necessary for a revival, change and an end to this stagnation to introduce new users.

Sure, writing it the way I did - did probably not serve in my best interests. But I found it funny, I ran it by Chruser and he said okay. I believed my obvious weirdness and semi-insanity would make it obvious that I was not fully serious. (Although, I was and was not - I fully believe that joking and being serious are not mutually exclusive and often thrive together.)

The threat of banning was for comical effect and dramatic effect (reality is so boring sometimes) - most of you took myself more serious than I take myself. Which is probably my own fault as I am skilled in social rituals.

What I wanted was chaos and anger, and other interesting reactions. Sure, it worked - but I did not get a chance to meet your reactions - which was sad or not... Thus you would hopefully get to know me, and everyone would be happy! Probably not though as the world doesn't make sense.

I like writing, which is probably the main reason why I'm writing this. I did not plan this part at all so I have no idea what to write next. Oh, yeah. I could tell you who I am! I am man, who for some reason calls himself Yawgmoth (who is a fictional character from Magic: the Gathering, a dead god of machines,) I have an odd obsession with cancer, Hitler and boats.

That is all. I joined this forum some time ago due to Chruser, we seem to share a certain amount of ideals. For very secret reasons, it became in my best interest to make Zelaron a better place. However, as I do not know any of you, I do so in strange ways. Which helps. The sole reason why I became Supreme Moderator was that I thought that I could do that better from this position and as such talked with Chruser.

I thought an insane reminder of what actually are the rules (there is a no flaming rule) would be a good plan. So thus things happened, a lot of people objected and here I am writing this. Oh, must eat food.

There, hunger vanquished. Hmm, I might have achieved a better result by "Hey guys, I am a new member of this forum and was recently privileged with Supreme Moderator-status due to being a friend of Chruser. I am here because I want Zelaron to grow and I believe a good way to achieve this is to get fresh members. So, by being friendlier to the new users, because as I myself know - it is not easy to handle all of a new forum at once, this could be work. Especially as Zelaron is an old forum, with lots of old users who have through time gotten to know each other and become a close-knit community - it is hard for new users to feel at home."

The result would probably have been a little better, but I would have had less fun. Thinking things through is boring and I wanted change NOW. The circle must be broken. The cycle of time must end.

Hmm, so yes. Internet is serious business and it is stupid and it is wonderful and horrible and chaos and the best chance we have of achieving something to stand the test of time. Also, it is an excellent tool for Discordianism, Hail Eris! So, enough of this sillyness, I have forgotten most of what I had in mind and I do not remember what I have written. So I think it is time to press Submit New Thread.

Oh, will just read through the archived thread to see if I have anything to reply to any specific posts...

Oh WetWired's post was fun:
WetWired said:
This is rather funny, considering that Chruser did not give you the power to ban anyone.
He couldn't have known though, so I guess it is only natural.

Sovereign said:
Zelaron and internet is srs biznuss.
Sovereign (who has an awesome username) should know that it is spelled "serious business" and yes it is. The fate of the world hangs upon our collective shoulders. Like a mantle of fire and confusion.

King Amazon did write something, not very interesting, he agreed but disagreed with the presentation. Hmm. Thanatos will probably be banned for his input.

Willkillforfood brought up an excellent point:
Willkillforfood said:
Agreed. In all honesty, some snide remarks or comments are what make this forum entertaining and somewhat addictive. Also, your rule is very open-ended, ambiguous, and can be manipulated and bent to include just about anyone. What exactly is a new member? At what point do they become a "normal member" and therefore are not watched over by you like a mother hen watching her eggs? And also, no offense, but seeing as you are vastly different than most of the people on these forums, your idea of "offending" might be different than everyone elses' ideas of offending. We're from different cultures, backgrounds, and areas of the world -- we're not going to be completely uniform.

And as KA said, work on your fucking attitude. This is a voluntary forum, not a work camp or a necessary thing in our lives. A lot of people on here can put up with a lot of shit, but a new weird guy trying to be tough shit is most likely not one of them.
And I agree with him, although I view "my rule" more as a guideline attached to the actual no flaming-rule. I was mostly thinking that I would watch over the eggs in the Introduce Yourself-forum, I would not have patience to actively seek out abuse in other places.

And my difference is a logical thing to question as well, I would not arbitrary judge people guilty - but try to communicate with them first. Communication is the key to all things. Actual banning of members would serve against my purpose.

I like my attitude though although I do not view myself as "tough shit", more as a Personal Jesus/Hitler or an ordinary man or a Prophet of Discordia.

That is all I can think of now. Feel free to comment, hate, flame, love, adore, disgust, horrify, run, flee, fight, item, chaosicate, etc.

(Okay this came out longer than I had planned, but I like to write.)

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-22, 07:19 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post "An unfriendly reminder..."
Wow, so you deleted your first thread because it was 'not how you wanted to come across'? Hmm, this should be interesting.

By the way, if you changed the timing system for viewing when posts were made, I'll bitch to kingdom come. The other system was much, much better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-06-22, 07:26 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Wow, so you deleted your first thread..."
What timing system? What?! ARGH! (I am not responsible and did only just notice... Irritating.)

I did not delete my thread, it was going okay - Chruser did because he thought it should be revised. I did not think it was not the optimal solution, so thus this thread.

EDIT: Talked with Chruser, he is responsible... The evil son of a... I mean, it is a good change! Maybe, I can see the usefulness of it, but I would rather we convert to a metric system of time.

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."

Last edited by Yawgmoth; 2008-06-22 at 07:29 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-22, 08:23 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "What timing system? What?! ARGH! (I am..."
Yawgmoth said: [Goto]
I can see the usefulness of it, but I would rather we convert to a metric system of time.
Light-nanoseconds? I changed the thread timestamp to "detailed" for now, until I have figured out which areas the changes encompass, and/or until the changes are met with sufficient praise or criticism.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-22, 03:50 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Light-nanoseconds? I changed the thread..."
You changed it to give an estimate in hours, rather than the actual time it was posted? I'm with HoH - the old system was much, much better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-22, 04:08 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You changed it to give an estimate in..."
Does anyone even see the correct post times to begin with?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-22, 04:39 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Does anyone even see the correct post..."
You mean the one's that said, "Posted Today, at 03:56" or "Posted 03-12-2006, at 19:32"? I used to use them to quickly check if a post had been made after I'd last visited. Now I've got to guess - if I last visited at five to an hour, and that was seven hours ago, then I'll also have to look through 55 minutes of posts that were made an hour ago to see if I read them, rather than looking for ones made at HH:55 and above.

Edit: 
Oh, you mean my local time? I didn't, no. Haven't really bothered with my local time for a week or two - just using post times in relation to each other.

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-06-22 at 05:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-22, 05:00 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Does anyone even see the correct post..."
I already fixed that, damnit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-06-22, 09:13 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post "An unfriendly reminder..."
What in the bloody red hell is this emofest about?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-22, 11:22 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "What in the bloody red hell is this..."
some guy made a thread and people laughed at him because he was being a nazi so the thread got trashed and he remade a thread explaining that he wasnt being a nazi

i think
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-23, 12:23 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "some guy made a thread and people..."
Think you hit it right on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-23, 03:19 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "some guy made a thread and people..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
some guy made a thread and people laughed at him because he was being a nazi so the thread got trashed and he remade a thread explaining that he wasnt being a nazi

i think
Yes, and because Chruser removed the last thread - I had no place else to continue what I started. Although I am nazi, and I am not nazi. I was once in a band called Adolf and the Heil Hitlers...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-23, 03:24 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "Yes, and because Chruser removed the..."
faglol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-23, 03:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "faglol"
Yes, random spam, what ancient joy. I thought moderators should at least in some way try to act as human beings and set some semi-example for others.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-23, 03:57 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "Yes, random spam, what ancient joy. I..."
Outside of the lounge, perhaps!

here im just an artard
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-23, 08:26 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post "An unfriendly reminder..."
Thanatos will probably be banned for his input.
Your logic is flawless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-23, 10:47 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Your logic is flawless."
When was the last time we banned you, Thanatos?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-23, 11:35 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "When was the last time we banned you,..."
Stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-23, 11:41 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "When was the last time we banned you,..."
Maybe 4-5 months ago? Whenever KA was being a dick to me, klo, and D3V.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-23, 12:13 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "Yes, random spam, what ancient joy. I..."
Yes, random spam, what ancient joy. I thought moderators should at least in some way try to act as human beings and set some semi-example for others.
DOOD! 1ts a f0rum, m4n....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven