Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Happpeeee!!!
Posted 2007-01-24, 04:54 PM
Sony, you may be the biggest bunch of wankers in the world (excepting MS and Apple, of course), but fuck me sideways, when you please, you please like a pro!

FUCKING FINALLY!!

http://www.psu.com/node/7302

1 million units
All 60gb
March 23rd
£425 ($842)
Controllers are £35 ($70)
HDMI cable is only £18 ($35)
Games are £50 ($99)

Over 30 launch titles, too!

I've been waiting for this for two damn years! I'm so happy now.

*tears of joy run down face*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-24, 05:25 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Happpeeee!!!"
Looks like you got ripped off when it comes to prices.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-24, 05:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Looks like you got ripped off when it..."
Compared to America, yes.

Compared to what's been speculated, not really.

We've always said the conolse will be £425, and games £50. Controllers though, was predicted at around £40, and the HDMI cable at around £50.

To be honest if I'm spending this kind of money, what does an extra £50 matter? In fact, what does an extra £100?

I've just worked out the full price of what I'm going to buy on the 23rd:

PS3 - £425/$842
Controller - £35/$70
HDMI Cable - £18/$35

Resistance - £50/$99
Motorstorm - £50/$99
Oblivion - £50/$99

HDTV (32", 720p, Samsung) - £650/$1288

TOTAL - £1278/$2533

You guys probably think I'm mad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-24, 06:51 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Compared to America, yes. Compared..."
You should just import.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-24, 08:45 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Compared to America, yes. Compared..."
720 wont cut it newb.

But yeah you're nuts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-01-24, 11:22 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Compared to America, yes. Compared..."
Import the whole thing, honestly you'd prolly save a ton.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-01-25, 02:28 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Import the whole thing, honestly you'd..."
Iunno.

$4.50 dollar manga from japan would have cost me $18.00 or so to import (according to this one site that I randomly visited)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-01-25, 10:16 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "720 wont cut it newb. But yeah..."
720p isn't bad. With fast moving objects on the screen, 720p actually has slightly better quality than a 1080i. The interlaced image gets a little screwy compared to the parallel lines.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-01-25, 10:31 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "720p isn't bad. With fast moving..."
720p is all I can afford. Tell a lie, I can get a 1080p TV from some manufacturer I've never heard of with too many vowels in their name, and I don't want to do that. Or I could get a Pioneer TV that doesn't look anywhere near as good as the Samsung (aesthetically).

And there's no way I'm importing. If anything breaks then I can't just take it to the store to get it fixed. I'll have a £400 paperweight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-25, 10:40 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "720p is all I can afford. Tell a lie, I..."
Are TVs that much more expensive there too? I can get a 42" plasma HDTV for slightly less than your 32" any day of the week.

Hell here's an 8ms 37" lcd with tuner for $900. Newegg has three 52" tvs and 1 56" tv for under your $1288.

Just make sure you get something with an extended warranty if you're worried about it breaking.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2007-01-25 at 10:45 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2007-01-25, 10:49 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Are TVs that much more expensive there..."
Good ones are expensive. And the Samsung I'm going for has by far the best picture out of any I've seen.

I've just had a quick look on a few sites, and the cheapest 42" HDTV I can find is £800 = $1585. It's a Goodmans, looks like the back-end of a cow, and I haven't a clue whether it's LCD or Plasma. The next best is a Samsung at £850 = $1685.

If I go for the brand that was named by Countdown then it'll cost me under £500... without an instant guarantee that it's a product by a company that make great TVs.

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-01-25 at 10:51 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-25, 10:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Good ones are expensive. And the..."
That's just ridiculous... Keep in mind, though, that if you go to a store and compare a dozen tv's side by side, that those comparisons won't really hold up when you get home. The differences that you notice when a tv is sitting next to several others won't still be apparent when you get it home in a room by itself. So paying an extra couple hundred bucks for a little better picture quality might be a waste (imho, at least).

I'm cheap, though. If you've got the money to blow, and you know what you want, go for it.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2007-01-25, 10:55 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "That's just ridiculous... Keep in..."
Quote:
If you've got the money to blow, and you know what you want, go for it.
Too damn right. I didn't work as a mindless drone cum slave for 40 hours a week for 11 weeks just to nitpick over price.

And I'll be doing much of the same again this Summer, excpet for 6 weeks at a higher wage, meaning I'll have another £1000 to blow on things come the Christmas sales.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-25, 11:26 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Too damn right. I didn't work as a..."
Did you just say "cum slave" on purpose?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-25, 11:45 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Happpeeee!!!"
You should just get a car. You'll thank yourself later.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-01-25, 12:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Happpeeee!!!"
Why do I need an HDTV, when I can just get this 30" 2560x1600 monitor
for $1274 and plug it into the DVR/PS3 when I want to?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-01-25, 03:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Did you just say "cum slave" on..."
"cum" is Latin for "with; together with; also". So drone cum slave is: drone and also a slave.

---

Nice monitor, WW. But I've already got a perfectly good monitor. I want a HDTV. I've got my heart set on it and there'll be no stopping me.

---

Quote:
You should just get a car. You'll thank yourself later.
I got my provisional only two weeks ago. I still need to find a driving instructor.

As I've said I'm working again over the Summer. By the time I've finished I'll have £1000 - more than enough to get an alright first car.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-26, 06:24 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting ""cum" is Latin for "with; together..."
Yes, but "cum" also means a guy's nut, jizz, facial explosion, white tit batter, Lenny's best friend, etc.

Anyway, back on topic. I agree with Bob. The picture quality might SEEM like it's a huge difference when you are looking at a bunch of TVs next to each other, but at home, you are going to be happy with the picture, and quite honestly, for all the extra money they want you to spend to get a few extra pixels, it's ridiculous. Now, I have the extra money to spend, and quite frankly, fuck it, it's not worth it. I'm going with cheap.

Then again, I also want to get about 5 TVs total. 1 HUGE one (60"-70") for the family room to watch normal TV, another HUGE (50"-60") one for the basement, with two smaller ones (27"-32") around it to watch all the football games (as well as other sports), then a nice 37" for my bedroom.

That's a lot of cost...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-01-26, 12:06 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yes, but "cum" also means a guy's nut,..."
All I want the TV for is game playing, and watching DVDs. I might also use it to watch normal television, too, as it comes with a TV tuner.

There's no point going for something bigger as I've not got the space - even 32" is pushing it a bit.

And by the time March rolls around, I'm expecting the TV to be at least £600 ($1180), if not lower, as it's been dropping in price since last June when it was £1500 ($2961).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-27, 10:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Happpeeee!!!"
damn, lenny. you actually have all this money?

I do believe it's worth it though. my next two paychecks will be enough for a ps3 and I'd be happy with that and the three games you choose.

I wish I had that much myself, but, then again, I just spent about $500 on a new guitar and case. plhh. having a job is grand.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G