Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Sony Unveils PS3 "Home"
Posted 2007-03-11, 10:39 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/3988670a28.html

But still, 360 > PS3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-03-11, 11:08 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "Sony Unveils PS3 "Home""
I was going to post this on Wednesday after Harrison announced it... but I didn't think that I'd get that much of a response.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-11, 01:22 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I was going to post this on Wednesday..."
Someone should post the specs for Wii, PS3, and 360 to compare...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-03-11, 01:33 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "Sony Unveils PS3 "Home""
Excellent quality screenshot ~_~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-03-11, 02:11 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Excellent quality screenshot ~_~"
Jaysus... that's an awful screenshot!

Lenny to the rescue!

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/89...73/imgs_1.html Images.
http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/89...73/vids_1.html Trailer.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/770/770998p1.html Main IGN article.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-12, 01:10 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Jaysus... that's an awful screenshot! ..."
-_- not impressed

They need to focus their money on paying publishers to have exclusives for PS3, not on some dumb second-life lookalike with achievements
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2007-03-12, 02:00 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "-_- not impressed They need to..."
It's been in development for two and a half years. Originally as a lobby for a PS2 multiplayer game, then as a possible PS2 online service. When they realised that they couldn't do anything that they wanted to on the PS2 because of lack of power, they put it on the PS3 instead.

On the exclusives front, there are some crackers coming out this year, and early next year:

Lair
Heavenly Sword
FFXIII and Versus
MGS4
Little Big Planet

Not to mention R:FoM and Motorstorm, which are out already.

To be honest, exclusives aren't as desirable to developers as they were last generation. The best way to make money, and build up a fan base, is to release multiplatform games, especially at this stage when the PS3 is still a bit shaky - if you were a third party developer, would you risk a multimillion pound/dollar game on a system that can still 'fail'? The words on the street seem to be "cover your bases".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-13, 11:51 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's been in development for two and a..."
I've been hearing rumors MGS4 will come to PS2. Can you confirm or deny that?

And yeah, PS3 needs to do some more updating on its system first.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-03-14, 10:27 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I've been hearing rumors MGS4 will come..."
PS2? Haven't heard a thing. It'll still be a PlayStation exclusive game, though, if for some reason it does show on the PS2.

As for updating the system... what do you think they're releasing every other week or so?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-16, 12:36 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "PS2? Haven't heard a thing. It'll still..."
They're desperate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-03-17, 12:13 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "They're desperate."
My friend took his ps3 back to the store =D.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-03-17, 01:14 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I've been hearing rumors MGS4 will come..."
Are you seriously that stupid? MGS4 coming to the PS2? That is pathetic, it is coming to the PS3, check the trailers adn the fact it is not coming out for a while would make no sense for a PS2 release. God, I can't even really say anything more, that was just absurd.

The updates are for everything, b/c, making sure everything runs smoothly. I don't know what the hell your problem is. Like seriously, you didn't even back up what you said. You just said that they need to update the system more without looking at the fact that an update is coming and that the only real reason is for b/c and a few minor things here and there. Plus desperate huh? where the fuck is the proof there?

Don't bash a system/company without backing yourself up, you know that KJ. This is pathetic on your part.

God, why the fuck is there even a need to bash consoles. Just get the ones you like and leave the ones you don't alone. Seriously, do you feel you have to justify your purchases by bashing the others and talking up your own or something? This goes to everyone and it is really getting old. Fanboyism is childish, grow up and let it go.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2007-03-20, 07:08 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Are you seriously that stupid? MGS4..."
Sony shipped millions of CDs with malicious DRM that installed itself to computers whether or not you agreed to the EULA. That kind of reflects the character of at least one of their branches. It makes me not really like the company as a whole. Their membership with the RIAA and the countless frivolous lawsuits is another instance.

With such a large company it's hard to totally avoid their products or associates though =(.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-03-21, 11:33 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Sony shipped millions of CDs with..."
The problem with the company as a whole is, well, it's not a whole. Howard Stringer (was head of SCEA, and is now CEO of the whole company) managed to get the American side of the company working as a whole after quite a few years of trying, and now he's having the trouble with the rest of the company, particularly the Japanese divisions - no division communicates with another division. And the divisions don't tell the company execs anything until it's been done.

He's doing very well, though, to get things working as they are.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-21, 01:30 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Sony shipped millions of CDs with..."
Will, you morn, what did that have to do with Sony's Home idea?
Seriously, you just came in and went completely off-topic.

It's posters like you whicg degrade forums. Stick to the fucking topic next time.

The Home idea is a grand idea imo, its a way of meeting people outside of real life friends that you can play games with. It goes with the whole MMO idea, sicne you talk with people and so forth that you don't know in real life, this is just another way to meet people and such.

I really don't feel like typing any more.....

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2007-03-21, 03:58 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Will, you morn, what did that have to..."
I'm sure sony's online gaming service will be filled with screaming 13 year olds =P. Or Tyrannicide screaming profanity at them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-03-21, 04:32 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm sure sony's online gaming service..."
Age restrictions - only those above a certain age will be able to voice chat, and there will be filters on text chat.

Which means it won't be filled with screaming 13 y/o's.

I like the Home idea, too. So much, in fact, that I'm waiting night and day for the Beta registration to begin on the Home site!

http://www.homebetatrial.com/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-21, 04:35 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Age restrictions - only those above a..."
What's to stop them from lying about their age?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-03-21, 04:36 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "What's to stop them from lying about..."
Absolutely nothing. I'm 18 on my PSN master account.

Saying that, I wouldn't expect many 13 year olds to have their own PS3, let alone be giving their age as something way above 13. A handful will, simply because they know what they're doing. But the rest won't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-21, 05:29 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Absolutely nothing. I'm 18 on my PSN..."
You are a liar Dumbenny
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav