Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

My story on being banned
Posted 2003-06-11, 12:58 PM
Hi, after posting questions and seeing the moronic and immature replies, or should I say flames, that exist at the battle.net forum I have come here.

I was a Diablo user since the first game came out. When D2 was released I purchased it if I remember correctly the first day it was available at stores. I did not get on b.net till a while after due to the firewall I was using at home would not allow on-line gaming. Only after I upgraded did I see the fun that COULD be had playing online.

On b.net my first character I got up to lvl 62 without ever joining any parties or being rushed. After that I began to take the characters up a little faster, but still a lot of work was involved.

As of last week I had 8 characters all above lvl 90. I had at that point traded for some of the top items available, so I was pretty pleased with what I had. This took hours and hours of trading and doing MF searches.

But then, I log in one evening to eventually learn I was banned. Lost my Hardcore account as well as a mule account that had lots and lots of good items for trading. I at first thought this was a gross mistake and that Blizzard would correct their error, I was wrong.

I went so far as to calle Blizzards tech support and demanded to speak with a supervisor to at the very least explaing what happened. But first and foremost I demanded that someone investigate further for I knew that this was a major blunder on their part.

The most I was told was that the server had recieved illegal packets from my machine while I was logged on using these accounts. No more information was provided. Angry, sad, depressed that I was helpless I deleted D2 off of my computer.

My feelings on Blizzard have changed from great respect to utter disdain. I have no intentions or desire to go back to playing this game. Why would I if I have no assurences I would not loose my account again.

I do not, and have never hacked. In regards to b.net, especially. If some wish to hack that is their business completly,as long as it does not affect me personally I dont care.

What caused the illegal packets? I have no clue as blizzard would not even give me the time and date of the offense so I could see if it was even ME.

I think by now it is quite clear that the mass banning of 240,000 some accounts was meant to send a message, that those that got caught up innocently in these is a small price to pay. For me it was a large price to be sacrificed for their in-adequencies.

And for Blizzard, I can honestly say I have no more interest in purchasing any more of their titles. I spent $70 on this game alone and I do not wish to throw my money away. There are other interests in life I would rather pursue that wont waste my time. For now, that is all I can think of my time on b.net- A waste of time for nothing

Sincerely-Ex-Blizzard customer.

p.s. To any who think that there wasnt anyone "innocent" in this mass banning, think again, for YOU could be in the same boat as some of us next time round.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
anubis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenanubis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

anubis

Posted 2003-06-11, 01:20 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
The funny thing is that I've duped a bundle and sent a load of illegal packets on purpose cuz I like getting realm down when I'm bored, and my account is still there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-11, 02:46 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
And you still spend your time, going to google or yahoo, to search for a diablo II fourm, and then spend a hour to whine about it? what's your problem bro?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-06-11, 06:53 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
Anubis i know what your going through the same thing happened to me and it sucked.Bizzard and battlenet are a bunch of un organized assholes who don`t know how to run a bussiness that would please there customers.

I do give them some credit the game does kick ass but they suck and eventually they will make it so no ones gonna play it anymore.I know im sure not gonna anymore.I`m gonna go to the store and purchase a new game don`t know what yet.But one thing is i`ll be much happier.

Later all and peace.

Edited by Senesia 
Post edited. Basically I removed your offensive comments, the first paragraph for instance.

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-06-11 at 07:26 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
danny180000 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendanny180000 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

danny180000

Posted 2003-06-11, 07:21 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
It is hard to justify what "SOB" means. It might literally mean sobbing.

Anyway, I'll split them out for the sake of peace.

In response to anubis:
Trust me, I understand how you feel. My main account got banned as well. Even though that is not my solo account, I worked quite hard on it for 1-2 years. Didn't play for 2 months, logged on last week and my account was still there.

And I had to reinstall D2 just to find out my account was closed. I might not feel as bad or depressed as you do, since I've lost my interest in the game, and it's not the first time they did it to me. Blah, I felt worse when Blizzard deleted my mule accounts last time. Afterall, I'm just waiting for 1.10, and I hope time will ease your pain.

Most people believe that Blizzard's mass bannings were aimmed at random accounts, since most people use MapHack, so people can't really argue when they bring it up.

But anyway, it has happened. Can't change it now, no matter you like it or not. I'd like to remind you that it's just a game, just a game for your spare time relaxation and entertainment. Don't feel too bad about it.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-06-11 at 07:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-11, 07:34 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
well taco i didn`t see your last post b-for i posted my last post.My bad thanks for clearifiying what you ment!!

Edited by Senesia 
Heh, I'll delete your last message as well to prevent further flame. Try not to heat this up.

I'm 19, by the way.

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-06-11 at 07:44 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
danny180000 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendanny180000 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

danny180000

Posted 2003-06-11, 07:51 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
senesia how could i get special privalages to delete or close forumns?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

danny180000

Posted 2003-06-11, 07:52 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
Only moderator of that section, or Senior Mod + can close, edit, trash thread/post.

Next time just PM me if you want to direct a message to me.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-11, 07:54 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
how do i become a mod?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

danny180000

Posted 2003-06-11, 07:57 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
sorry about clutering this post up with a bunch of junk messages.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

danny180000

Posted 2003-06-11, 08:14 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
Next time, use the edit button instead of double posting.

Jesus Christ, I've just recently seen a kid saying he was crying because his account got deleted. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. Just play a different game or go outside and go swimming or something like that. Don't let this game rule your life forever. There are better things to do, you know?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-06-11, 08:22 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
I still think it's funny that I did everything that they said they are banning for, and my account didn't get deleted.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-11, 08:29 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
EetMorTacoz said:
The funny thing is that I've duped a bundle and sent a load of illegal packets on purpose cuz I like getting realm down when I'm bored, and my account is still there.

The same thing goes for me. I've duped, sent illegal packets, used Maphack, Autoaim, Yay, Mephbot, D2JSP, Oneside, anim8, and a few others I'm sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2003-06-11, 08:30 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
Are you two trying to tell us that you're some lucky bastards?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-11, 09:42 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
No, just that they are unlucky bastards. I didn't bot by the way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-12, 11:06 AM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
Thats a sad story, I was caught up in the first mass banning and lost a primo account. I never botted and never duped but I did use maphack. I also heard if you were even IN a game where maphack was being used you could be banned. Now that would be virtually impossible on B-net.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-06-12, 05:03 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
NonGayMan said:
Jesus Christ, I've just recently seen a kid saying he was crying because his account got deleted. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. Just play a different game or go outside and go swimming or something like that. Don't let this game rule your life forever. There are better things to do, you know?
But you see, there are people who do devote a LOT of time to the game, going through it countless times to get better characters, better equipment, etc, without ever cheating. There is no reason for their accounts to be banned, as they are (or were, in most cases) hardcore Blizzard supporters who never planned on cheating. Heck, if everyone is getting banned regardless of whether they cheat or not, what the hell do you have to lose by cheating?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro

Posted 2003-06-12, 05:16 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
The real cheaters don't have much to lose actually.

They sell items on Ebay, even if you ban their keys they will have leftover cash to get a new one. Banning several of their accounts won't do them much harm.

I started to support Blizzard since Warcraft 1. I bought War 1, War 2, Diablo 1, Diablo: Hellfire, Diablo2, Diablo 2: LoD, Starcraft, Starcraft: Broodwar, War 3. They ban my accounts for no particular reason, but i'd still support them, as in buying their future products.

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-06-12 at 05:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-12, 05:22 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
Same here, even though I didn't get banned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-12, 07:39 PM in reply to anubis's post "My story on being banned"
i`ll never support them again.I deleated diablo out of my computer and shipped it off to virginia beech to my 4 year old nephew who likes to play the game.I figure the game is only good for that age group who doesn`t care about their accounts!!

peace!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

danny180000