Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

The Thread Where We Remember When We Played Warhammer
Posted 2008-06-17, 11:24 AM
Hello Zelaronjugend, I call myself Yawgmoth - but I am actually a real man with a real name (you could never have guessed that I a man with a name!) I am Gene, and I was once very interested in Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Warhammer 40,000.

I had a small horde of (Space) Orks and I didn't play very much with them, but I enjoyed the general backstory of the world and having them around and... Painting them... And... Well, looking at them.

I also tried gathering some Lizardmen, but I never succeeded with that.

Now, quite recently I have felt the urge again, the need for speed, the call. To war. The Sound. Of Drums... The need to scream "WAAAAAGH!" at the top of my lungs.... The never-ending drums...

So I have contemplated starting to play and build an army once more. Yet it is quite costly.

Hmm, have any of you unknown characters of this forum ever played Warhammer? Do you still play it? Or are you also itching with that need to build an army of very small warriors?

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-17, 12:24 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post "The Thread Where We Remember When We..."
Dark Eldars were awesome. Amongst their ridiculously powerful weapons, they had modern blowguns which fired venomous darts at other characters, effectively making their victims' blood boil until they would explode in a weird and supposedly harrowingly painful manner, disintegrating nearby troops. On top of that, Dark Eldars could hover over everything with ubiquitous grace and speed. Their armor was weak, so you'd have to take aggressive action to win.

Dark Eldars were the choice of the pure strategist.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-17, 03:21 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post "The Thread Where We Remember When We..."
After I get some spare cash, I'd probably be starting 40k with a Chaos or Space Marine army. They got a new Battle for Macgragge set coming out in a few weeks with the new rulebook, which I'll probably pick up to learn the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-21, 06:40 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "After I get some spare cash, I'd..."
I would guess that you are going to build a Grey Knights-army? (If you go with Space Marines that is.) From the little I have seen they seem extraordinarily powerful, although I do not know yet what weaknesses they might have, except maybe being expensive in points or similar.

Personally what drives me towards Warhammer the most, is it's very rich and dark back story. It is wonderful...

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-22, 12:30 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "I would guess that you are going to..."
I agree, the story is what got me. I also have been educated that Grey Knights are kinda bad as of the last ruleset because of how god-awful expensive they are. You'll just get zerged down by almost any other army, but I have considered a Deep Striking GK Termie squad just because Grey Knights are awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-08-09, 11:46 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I agree, the story is what got me. I..."
my friend got be to play this for the 1st time a couple months back, sence then i have bought a few pieces here and there of the dwarfs and the dorcs and goblins. I dont know much about the backstory tho . Space marines interest me the most
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla