Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Do you like the current state of US's government?
Yes. 2 12.50%
No. 13 81.25%
I cannot form opinions for myself so I don't care either way. 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2008-08-03, 02:34 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I have offers to get sponsorship for..."
Woo1 jamer123.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-03, 07:42 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Woo1 jamer123."
What's that have to do with what I said?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-03, 11:53 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "What's that have to do with what I said?"
I think he was making fun of jamer, which I assume was making fun of wallow, by voting, "I don't care, I don't make my own decisions" or something or other.

As far as the goverment goes, the only problem is, Americans are too afraid to do anything about it. Nowadays, we are afraid of our government because they can make people vanish as though they never existed. This, coupled with the selfish thought that everyone needs to only look out for themselves, and you have the weak willed, weak minded, and just plain weak American. If you look into the past, and you see that when we formed this nation, it was to break away from a government that tried to control us with fear. Everyone wants to talk about, "Oh, my fellow American blah blah blah..." yet, if they had the chance to save a whole city on the other side of the United States, or secure thier own wealth, they would secure their own wealth. To be an American in this day and age, seems to be less about your freedom, and more about your money.

Everyone wants to talk about what America needs, but once the solution is found, no one wants to lift a finger to do the solution. What do you guys think would have happened if we didn't win our independence? Do you think everyone would have just been able to go back to thier jobs as though nothing was wrong? No. They would have been put to death for treason. But they didn't care about their own well being, just as long as America still stood after their death. This generation of Americans doesn't understand patriotism. They don't understand why we have this freedom that we do, nor do they want to do anything to defend it. Don't get me wrong, I commend each and every soldier that has fought in any war. It does take a certain amount of care for your country to join the armed forces to defend it, even though the reasoning is complete bullshit. They have my utmost respect, because they actually could stand up for our governments' retardation, and I just couldn't possibly do it. Not knowing full well that someone in office knows we are over there for the wrong reasons, yet we stay over there.

Instead, Americans will bicker over the price of gas, and the taxes we must pay, and all the other shit that they think they have no control in.

Anyways, sorry for the rant...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-08-04, 07:26 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I think he was making fun of jamer,..."
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
To be an American in this day and age, seems to be less about your freedom, and more about your money.
Which is the whole reason I posted this thread in the first place. +Rep.

Hotdog, where's your expert rebuttal? I'm waiting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-04, 10:54 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I understand that speeding is not a..."
Is it 225 before or after court costs? If that's before then that blows balls. If not, court costs are always expensive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-08-04, 12:33 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Is it 225 before or after court costs? ..."
$225 period. I'm not going to court to fight this. It is made very clear on the ticket that taking this to court will often result in more fines. Which is fucking retarded if you ask me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-04, 12:41 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "$225 period. I'm not going to court to..."
Your speeding ticket was probably ~$120 and the expired plates $105. I don't think they randomly add court fees, at least not in the midwest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-08-04, 01:56 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Your speeding ticket was probably ~$120..."
My speeding ticket was $150 and the expired plates were $75. And no there are no court fees.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-04, 03:32 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "$225 period. I'm not going to court to..."
They're just trying to scare you. Often taking it to court will result in the lazy officer not showing and the case dropped.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-05, 08:19 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "They're just trying to scare you. ..."
Well what if he does show up? Am I supposed to plead not guilty? Then it's just his word vs. mine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-05, 09:10 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well what if he does show up? Am I..."
Oh the hilarity of the American government just keeps going...Another way for countries to hate/make fun of us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-08-05, 10:26 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Oh the hilarity of the American..."
I was playing Halo 3 on XBL last night and this British guy was ripping Americans the whole game. He wasn't even playing really, just going off on all of us Americans. He kept calling me a muppet because I was making fun of British people, too. I was pissing him off, it was great. But he was like "There are so many people out in the world that would give up their own lives just to murder a couple of you muppets." I mean, that's somewhat true, but don't stereotype on a national scale like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-05, 11:15 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well what if he does show up? Am I..."
If he does show up, then you're probably screwed. I'm just saying that they're trying to scare you because they make more money that way. More cases over tickets=less tickets paid=less money. In fact, if everyone started taking their tickets to court they'd make a lot less because the officers would have to spend a large part of their time in court instead of on the road writing more tickets or let them all slide.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-05, 11:37 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I was playing Halo 3 on XBL last night..."
Lol. He called you all "muppets". Any idea which part of the country he came from?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-08-05, 12:08 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Lol. He called you all "muppets". :p..."
Liverpool. Blackpool.

Who knows your crazy country?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-05, 12:19 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Liverpool. Blackpool. Who knows..."
Don't look at me - Geography has never been my strong point. I have a vague idea of where the major cities are, but that's it. s
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-08-05, 01:42 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Lol. He called you all "muppets". :p..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Lol. He called you all "muppets". Any idea which part of the country he came from?
It was hard understanding him because he was so pissed off, so I don't know.

How is a muppet derogatory in any way?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-05, 01:47 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It was hard understanding him because..."
It's usually used to describe people with no common sense, that do stupid things even when the correct way is obvious. I imagine that his view is that all Americans are thick.

If Obama wins the election, that might change (an intelligent man in charge of a country can do wonders), but you never know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-08-05, 08:17 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's usually used to describe people..."
dis is amurica, we r smurt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-06, 12:33 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's usually used to describe people..."
The smart and mature thing to do is stereotype. But we all do it. So oh well .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood