Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

I don't care how many friends I lose over this (Abortion propaganda)
Posted 2008-03-17, 03:05 PM
I read this on myspace, and decided to post:

Month one

Mommy
I am only 4 inches long
but I have all my organs.
I love the sound of your voice.
The sound of your heart beat
is my favorite lullaby.

Month Two

Mommy
today I learned how to suck my thumb.
If you could see me
you could definitely tell that I am a baby.
I'm not big enough to survive outside my home though.
It is so nice and warm in here.

Month Three

You know what Mommy
I'm a boy!!
I hope that makes you happy.
I always want you to be happy.
I don't like it when you cry.
You sound so sad.
It makes me sad too
and I cry with you even though
you can't hear me.

Month Four

Mommy
my hair is starting to grow.
It is very short and fine
but I will have a lot of it.
I spend a lot of my time exercising.
I can turn my head and curl my fingers and toes
and stretch my arms and legs.
I am becoming quite good at it too.

Month Five

You went to the doctor today.
Mommy, he lied to you.
He said that I'm not a baby.
I am a baby Mommy, your baby.
I think and feel.
Mommy, what's abortion?

Month Six

I can hear that doctor again.
I don't like him.
He seems cold and heartless.
Something is intruding my home.
The doctor called it a needle.
Mommy what is it? It burns!
Please make him stop!
I can't get away from it!
Mommy! HELP me!

Month Seven

Mommy
I am okay.
I am in God's arms.
He is holding me.
He told me about abortion.
Why didn't you want me Mommy?

Every Abortion Is Just . . .

One more heart that was stopped.
Two more eyes that will never see.
Two more hands that will never touch.
Two more legs that will never run.
One more mouth that will never speak..........

If you're against abortion, post this as...
I Dont Care How Many Friends I Lose Over This
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-17, 03:06 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "I don't care how many friends I lose..."
I also decided to reply:

The article I posted before this is almost COMPLETELY loaded with crap. Almost everything it says is a figment of someone's imagination.

The one month old embryo isn't even considered a fetus. It is not four inches long, in fact, when I looked at a spontaneously aborted embryo 4 weeks old preserved by plasticination I could not see it. It does not have most of its organs. It begins developing a brain at around this time. The heart does not begin to beat until around the fifth week. The lungs do not form until around the seventh week. It takes many, many more months before these organs finish developing.

At 8 weeks the embryo is hardly visible. It can't suck its thumbs -- in fact its fingers and toes are still webbed. And of course it's not capable of surviving outside of the womb. It's not even a fetus at this stage; much less a human baby. The 8-week old embryo looked more like hardened semen than a human baby.

At least this load of crap propaganda gets something right. The genitals are developed generally by the end of the third month. However, take note -- the original article claimed that the embryo if four inches long at the end of the first month. At the end of the 3rd month the fetus (yes, now it can properly be called that) still has not hit a length of 4 inches. The notion that the fetus is capable of human emotions is ludicrous.

Yes, it is true that the fetus grows hair on the fourth month. However, this is not the same hair you will see when you deliver. The hair that the article refers to is called Lanugo. It grows to insulate the skin because at this point the fetus does not have enough fat. Lanugo does not only grow on the head, it covers the entire fetal body. Lanugo is shed before birth.

The piece of propaganda claims that the fetus can think and feel by the fifth month. What a load of crap. The fetal brain is not even well enough developed to control basic bodily functions until the sixth month.

Women, please, please, don't buy into this religious propaganda. If you want a baby, great. However, get an abortion if need be. Don't ruin your life over fallacious propaganda.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-17, 03:13 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I also decided to reply: The article..."
Check and mate.

*Oh, and I've seen that on Myspace as well.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-17, 03:44 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I also decided to reply: The article..."
i was always for abortion and always will be.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-03-18, 07:20 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "i was always for abortion and always..."
Meh, I don't really care either way I think it should be up to the parent, and personally think it should really be a life saving situation.. because if you are irresponsible enough to get pregnant you need to be forced into responsibility for your actions.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-18, 08:23 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Check and mate. *Oh, and I've..."
I've seen that in school. Yay Catholic School.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-03-18, 04:05 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I've seen that in school. Yay Catholic..."
I was always against abortion until about a year ago, probably. Most of my views changed about then. I'm not an idiot, so much, anymore.

I think abortion is fine, as long as it isn't abused. If someone is having multiple abortions within a couple of years, then something needs to be done. If someone accidently gets knocked up and doesn't feel like they are ready for a child, I think they should first have to take a class on ALTERNATIVES to abortion, before they can actually have an abortion. I think that adoption is probably the better choice.

I don't think the "abortion is alright because the world is overpopulated" argument is a good one, even if it might be true. There are better ways to go about fixing overpopulation problems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-18, 04:06 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Meh, I don't really care either way I..."
D3V, out of curiosity, why would you consider sex irresponsible?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-18, 04:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was always against abortion until..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I was always against abortion until about a year ago, probably. Most of my views changed about then. I'm not an idiot, so much, anymore.

I think abortion is fine, as long as it isn't abused. If someone is having multiple abortions within a couple of years, then something needs to be done. If someone accidently gets knocked up and doesn't feel like they are ready for a child, I think they should first have to take a class on ALTERNATIVES to abortion, before they can actually have an abortion. I think that adoption is probably the better choice.
I used to feel the same way, but the more I learn about biology the more I am against that particular view.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-18, 04:14 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I used to feel the same way, but the..."
Mjordan2nd said:
I used to feel the same way, but the more I learn about biology the more I am against that particular view.
How do you mean? What does biology have to do with my POV?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-18, 04:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How do you mean? What does biology..."
YOUR A MONKEY MJ!

l
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-03-18, 05:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How do you mean? What does biology..."
!King_Amazon! said:
How do you mean? What does biology have to do with my POV?
Well, I felt that the fetal life is about equivalent to a human life. I may be incorrect in my assumption, but perhaps you did as well? You seemed to agree with my point of view last year, which is the basis of my assumption.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-18, 05:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was always against abortion until..."
I used to be against abortion. Then in 7th grade I was given an assignment to argue for abortion. After studying the reasons, I am now for abortion.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-18, 05:42 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I used to be against abortion. Then in..."
Most women have had billions of gamets(sp?) meet their demise in their gullets. What's an extra zygote thrown in the mix? Imo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-03-18, 06:10 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Well, I felt that the fetal life is..."
Mjordan2nd said:
Well, I felt that the fetal life is about equivalent to a human life. I may be incorrect in my assumption, but perhaps you did as well? You seemed to agree with my point of view last year, which is the basis of my assumption.
I'm not really of that opinion so much. I don't believe what I believe for moral reasons. There are lots of people who would love to have a child but can't. Also, I believe abortion is ending a potential for human life. I'm still pro choice, but I think adoption should be encouraged rather than abortion, mainly because someone else might want the baby.

If the issue is that having a baby is not desireable for the parent, abortion and adoption are equally applicable for the parent. Adoption could help someone else, as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-18, 06:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not really of that opinion so much...."
!King_Amazon! said:
Also, I believe abortion is ending a potential for human life.
This is what I was talking about. Biology has helped me better understand this idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-18, 06:31 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not really of that opinion so much...."
!King_Amazon! said:
I'm not really of that opinion so much. I don't believe what I believe for moral reasons. There are lots of people who would love to have a child but can't. Also, I believe abortion is ending a potential for human life. I'm still pro choice, but I think adoption should be encouraged rather than abortion, mainly because someone else might want the baby.

If the issue is that having a baby is not desireable for the parent, abortion and adoption are equally applicable for the parent. Adoption could help someone else, as well.
We're overpopulated as it is. The earth is over stressed and if people don't want to have kids they really just shouldn't. That's my .02 dollars.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-03-18, 06:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not really of that opinion so much...."
!King_Amazon! said:

/signed

My views completely. In the end the woman has the choice, but it really shouldn't be encouraged, the baby is just as human as you or I.

If you're irrisponsible and the baby is a mistake, adoption should be your path, it was your stupid blunder you should take responsibility for. Like how you shouldn't cheat in school because the purpose is not to get good grades, but to educate you on the consequences of your actions, ie learning the material, time management, course selection.

And condoms are not the same as abortion, because it prevents the whole process from ever happening, not the further development of the embryo/fetus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-18, 07:06 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "/signed My views completely. In the..."
Condoms can break or if not the proper size/used improperly slide off and cause unwanted pregnancy. Early unwanted pregnancies can signifigantly affect quality of life for the young family.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-03-18, 07:16 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "/signed My views completely. In the..."
Atnas said:
the baby is just as human as you or I.
I contest this statement. (Note: Fetus is the appropriate term)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes