Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Can Xbox read burned cds?
Posted 2003-12-21, 12:51 AM
i heard that xboxes can read certain burned cd depending on the brand name of the blank cds or sumthin. all i know is last time i checked, my xbox wont read burned cds. does anyone know the certian brands it will read?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WakeUpFast66 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenWakeUpFast66 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

WakeUpFast66

Posted 2003-12-21, 03:05 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Yes... you have to mod chip it I believe.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-21, 10:24 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Get a TDK cd-rw disc. They read just fine
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2003-12-24, 11:19 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
RoboticSilence said:
hmm...what is that...lol

sorry....clueless about this stuff
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-12-24, 11:21 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
This might help, mjordan2nd.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-12-24, 11:24 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Yes it did. Thanks uncapped.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-12-24, 02:57 PM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
mjordan2nd said:
RoboticSilence said:
hmm...what is that...lol

sorry....clueless about this stuff
You dont need a mod chip.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2003-12-28, 02:04 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
p1ng so your saying those CDs can be readable? If so, then I just need to get games that are less than 800mb in size eh?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-12-28, 03:28 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
actually 100 mb. I thought that with xbox- they are dvd quality right??

and if you use dvd -rw or cd-rw, the disk will turn corrupt, might was well stay with the cd-r and dvd-r!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-12-28, 05:22 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
100mb? huh the size of a CD is way more than that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-12-29, 01:08 PM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Well my xbox for some reason can read anykind of burned cd but it cant read some games. I would wrather have it read games then cd's.
Your next
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
rusher657 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrusher657 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

rusher657

Posted 2003-12-29, 01:27 PM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Xbox cannot read burned games, unless you have a modchip, like me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-12-29, 07:52 PM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Do you need a DVD burner in order to burn the xbox games or do you just need a cd-rw and a mod chip?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ox1de is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOx1de is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ox1de

Posted 2003-12-30, 02:09 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Acer said:
100mb? huh the size of a CD is way more than that
yeah your right its actually 700!!!!! mb. and yes you need a dvd burner ans spiecal software to copy games... unless its for the playstation (the first one) which only requires regular cds (700 not the 650mb)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-12-30, 06:11 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Im probly going to get Evolution-X mod for my Xbox, so I can make games(simple ones) with the XDK then using FlashFXP to run the game on my Xbox
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2004-01-02, 01:33 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Acer said:
p1ng so your saying those CDs can be readable? If so, then I just need to get games that are less than 800mb in size eh?
No. Thats just for music.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-04, 11:50 AM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Doesn't modding your box let you not be able to go online?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2004-01-04, 12:37 PM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Only if it detects the chip. Most of them have an on/off swith, so as long as the chip is off, you can go online.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-04, 02:54 PM in reply to WakeUpFast66's post "Can Xbox read burned cds?"
Yea, mine has a switch. When I want to use xbox live, I'll just switch it off. However, you can still use XBox Connect, (http://www.xbconnect.com/) or Gamespy Tunnel(don't bother) to play games online, which can sometimes be a better experience due to more titely woven communities.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped