Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Animal Research
Posted 2008-03-31, 10:47 PM
For it? Against it?

Why?

Let the fiasco commence!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-31, 10:50 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Animal Research"
For it. It saves human lives. Humans>Animals.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-01, 10:00 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Animal Research"
For, and for more or less the same reason as !K_A!. Try a product straight out of the labs on a human, and you'd most likely kill them. These days, a lot of animals in labs are bred to be animals in labs. Scientists don't go out and capture them specifically for the experiments, but rather they breed them. Less cruel that way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-01, 10:28 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "For it. It saves human lives. ..."
!King_Amazon! said:
For it. It saves human lives. Humans>Animals.
Humans = Animals

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-01, 02:06 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Animal Research"
For. As cruel as it may sound, testing something on a bunch of animals and letting them die is not as bad as releasing it to the world where potentially MILLIONS of people can be harmed from negative side effects.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-04-02, 08:02 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "For. As cruel as it may sound, testing..."
How about animals we don't like, such as ostriches.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-02, 11:15 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "How about animals we don't like, such..."
I'm not sure if they're the best to test human-destined products on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-06, 01:28 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm not sure if they're the best to..."
I think researching animals sounds cool like finding out where they live and what they eat. Unless you mean animal testing, then I'm not really a fan of that. No other real alternative so it's nesecary I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-06, 01:43 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "I think researching animals sounds cool..."
It's animal testing, dawg.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-06, 02:57 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "It's animal testing, dawg."
oh well like i said nesecary evil I guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-06, 05:40 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "oh well like i said nesecary evil I..."
I don't know about you guys but personally, if I was a cat, I would so want to glow in the dark.

D3V said:
Humans = Animals
Not really. Humans outlive most animals. We erect buildings and write literature, paint portraits and compose music. More important than eating sleeping and shitting. Most importantly we are both of the same species and animals are not, so isn't that kind of going against species survival instincts?

Last I checked we were humans, not animals. Mammals, yes, but the term animal does not include human in the common perception.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-04-06, 06:37 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I don't know about you guys but..."
I believe that a few weeks ago you told asamin and I that animals and plants feel more than humans. : ) Retracting that statement?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-06, 06:41 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "I believe that a few weeks ago you told..."
I'm not retracting the statement. As a human I would gladly kill a plant or animal rather than a human. I don't give a shit how much more they can feel or think than we are capable of, I'm protecting my goddamn species. : D

And dogs make a cute sound when they're in pain
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-04-06, 07:06 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I don't know about you guys but..."
Atnas said:
We erect buildings and write literature, paint portraits and compose music. More important than eating sleeping and shitting.
I see equally beautiful things in nature. The honey bee's hive has the intricacy of a building, the song of a bird is as beautiful as that of a human's, and literature and portraits are a modern development. By that standard, would you assert that humans 10,000 years ago were less valuable than humans today since they did not write literature, paint portraits, or compose music?

Quote:
species survival instincts?
There's a species survival instinct?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes