Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you keep Zelaron a secret..?
Yes, I like my privacy 8 28.57%
No, I don't give two shits 1 3.57%
I don't really care either way, if someone knows, who cares. 19 67.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Question Zelaron ...secret?
Posted 2008-04-24, 08:47 AM
An interesting thought occured in my head.

Thanatos said:
My girlfriend was showing me her new ringtones last night and she had a song by this band. I laughed and she was confused.

Could you imagine the conversation?

"what's so funny?"

"Oh nothing. It just reminds me of Zelaron."

"What's Zelaron"

"It's an Internet gaming forum that I frequent everyday and a particular member there likes Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, who is coincidentally from his hometown of Jacksonville."

"TR, I'm breaking up with you."
This brought up the thought, which has ticked in the back of my head before. But where i'm going with this is do you guys openly talk about Zelaron with people outside of these boards? I hadn't realized up until now I don't really tell anybody about here, besides maybe like two of my buddies from school that I tried to get join and one that I work with, other than that nobody is really informed about here, I guess I just don't see it as being that important? It's almost like a secret to some, but not on purpose, idk.

I'm just trying to feel out how everyone else is on this subject.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-24, 09:00 AM in reply to D3V's post "Zelaron ...secret?"
I generally do not mention Zelaron to anyone outside my list of online acquaintances. Yawgmoth is the only real-life associate of mine whom I have persuaded into signing up.

Actually, when asked about my past-time hobbies, I sometimes add "...and I run a community with more than 16,000 registered members" at the end of my statement. It generates 1.8 seconds of silence on average.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-04-24 at 01:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-04-24, 09:33 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I generally do not mention Zelaron to..."
lol

I generally keep it private. The only person that I got to join these boards that I know in real life was brodboarder18 (an ex-roommate of mine; he registered but never posted). The crowd that I run with would think I was a nerd if I told them about this place. I mean, I have over 10,000 posts - I guess that does qualify me as a nerd. Oh well. Fuck 'em.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-24, 09:43 AM in reply to D3V's post "Zelaron ...secret?"
To a degree, yes. I've had a few friends join over the years, but I don't tell people about Zelaron, nor will I link them to it. Same goes for other forums I post on.

I would say the same as Thanatos - people would think me a nerd... but they already do, so I can't use that as an excuse.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-24, 11:32 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "To a degree, yes. I've had a few..."
i dont go bragging about it, but i'll go on and if people see and ask, i tell them. one of my friends was unsure about joining, but i think i might get him to. he said he'd join here if i joined his forum
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-04-24, 11:42 AM in reply to D3V's post "Zelaron ...secret?"
I would have taken you all to the grave. Except... oh ya Slaynish.

I had two IRL people sign up besides Klo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-04-24, 11:53 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I would have taken you all to the..."
Lol, didn't she sign up by herself? LMAO!

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-24, 12:09 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Lol, didn't she sign up by herself?..."
I've talked about Zelaron to many of my friends, had a couple sign up but now they have no internet and cannot post. (also blocked at their school) I don't really keep it a secret, I like getting new people to join.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-04-24, 01:57 PM in reply to D3V's post "Zelaron ...secret?"
I don't really care who knows and who doesn't (my mom excluded, she knows about it and is better off never having known, but doesn't check in).

I try to persuade friends to join.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-04-24, 02:06 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I don't really care who knows and who..."
I couldn't care less if someone knew I was here. Atnas and I got Coffee to sign up I Why came because I was here.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-24, 07:03 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I couldn't care less if someone knew I..."
The only people I bring here or really tell Zelaron about are online friends. IRL friends, no. Nikki knows about Zelaron but doesn't really know what it is or what it's about and shows no interest in it. I wouldn't bring her here anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-24, 07:11 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The only people I bring here or really..."
I regret telling Asamin/Coffee.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-04-24, 07:31 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I regret telling Asamin/Coffee. :)"
I don't. They're good members. Hell, Coffee has been at 100% ever since.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-24, 08:50 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't. They're good members. Hell,..."
All my friends know about Zel, and i show them all the funnies that are worth showing. They think Zel kicks fuckin' ass because every time i show them something hilarious and tell them its from this forum they think like every thread is something amazing like that. Such as the "dont talk shit on the internet thread." that was classic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2008-04-24, 10:06 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "All my friends know about Zel, and i..."
I don't hide it from my friends or girlfriend, but I don't promote it. I'm sort of indifferent ...but seeing as I let loose and can be a real asshole on here I'm not entirely proud. I'm somewhat conservative with my sense of humor with some of my acquaintances irl.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-24, 10:23 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I don't hide it from my friends or..."
Not many people nowadays know... as I'm not really here enough for it to make a big enough impact in my life or anything. Back in the day though, a whole lot of my friends knew... remember quikspy?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2008-04-25, 01:10 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Not many people nowadays know... as I'm..."
I've mentioned it to a few people. Overall, though, there's something nice about keeping my circles separate. It's like that episode of Seinfeld...worlds colliding and whatnot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-25, 08:43 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The only people I bring here or really..."
Quote:
Nikki knows about Zelaron but doesn't really know what it is or what it's about and shows no interest in it. I wouldn't bring her here anyway.
Yeah same with my girlfriend, I've shown her stuff on here before but she just doesn't really care, she's more concerned with my myspace rofl.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-25, 08:55 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah same with my girlfriend, I've..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-25, 09:14 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "http://images.cafepress.com/product/1502..."
I keep it to myself. Some people know about it, but I play it off saying something along these lines, "Oh, it's just some video game forum I check out to get some insider tips on up and coming good games. How do you think I know about all these games?"

When actually, I should be saying, "Oh, it's this forum I stumbled across when I was 20 years old, working at Merck Pharmaceutical as a co-op bored out of my mind. I initially went to it to get cheats and whatnot for Diablo II, which dominated a few years of my life, but eventually just liked posting and creating new threads to spark conversation and kill time. I've now been coming here for about 6 years now and have over 12,000 posts."

So yeah, I like my privacy, I guess?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied