Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Should same-sex couples raise children?
Posted 2004-01-20, 11:44 AM
Aah...touchy subjects. Love them.

I found (ie, was given a link to) a topic similar to this on a message board. The original question started out as "Are there advantages to same-sex couples having kids?", but a majority of the responses talked about how homosexuality was a sin/sick/gross/a perversion/ect, with no real answer for the question that was asked in the beginning. Most of the posts that I did read said that same-sex couples shouldn't even have children. And hence, from reading that board, I decided to ask the members of Zel.

Question number one:

Should same-sex couples be allowed to raise children?

Question number two:

Do you think there are any advantages to same-sex couples raising children?

And I ask you to please explain your answers. Give input, people...Not just one word answers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-01-20, 12:33 PM in reply to Jessifer's post "Should same-sex couples raise children?"
Question number one:

Should same-sex couples be allowed to raise children?

That really depends on the couple. Some same-sex couples shouldn't have the right to even be around children, just like some heterosexual couples shouldn't. Some do, some dont, there is no yes or no. The results of the upbringing of the child depends strictly on that, on the upbringing of the child, not on the sexual preferences of the parents. Yes, parents have a lot of influence over developing minds, however who's to say what influences are good and which are bad? Who's to determine which will have negative effects on the child when they mature, and which will have positive, or nuetral?

Question number two:

Do you think there are any advantages to same-sex couples raising children?

Again, that would depend on the parents. I dont want to generalize, so I'll just leave it at that.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-01-20, 01:44 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Question number one: Should same-sex..."
You've got to be thinking about the kid. You know how much crap he/she is going to be put through? I really don't care as long as I'm not the kid, heh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-01-20, 02:04 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You've got to be thinking about the..."
I dont think same-sex should raise kids, it could confuse the kid, other kids would pick on them also.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-01-20, 02:58 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "I dont think same-sex should raise..."
That just builds character. It'd give him skin like a Rhino.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-01-20, 02:58 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "I dont think same-sex should raise..."
I think DFD hit the nail on the head, I think there are certain situations where the child could be brought up normally, but in general I think it would lead to a very hard life for the kid.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-01-20, 03:21 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I think DFD hit the nail on the head, I..."
I think god/nature/whatever power you answer to didn't intend it. No matter which theory or philosophy you look at, creation or evolution, it isn't intended, and thereby shouldnt happen.

Georgy bush says were goin to the moon!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-01-20, 07:46 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "I think god/nature/whatever power you..."
Yeah, I agree with what DFD said myself. There are some hetero couples that should never have children, and likewise there may be some same-sex couples that aren't fit to have them either. But if the couple is able to provide a healthy life and enviroment for the child, then by all means they should be able to raise children. And if the people in question are the types to push their lifestyles and beliefs upon people, they shouln't be able to care for a child either.

Also, if the couple is honest with the child from the begining, and make sure that the child knows that being in a same-sex relationship isn't wrong, then I really don't think that the child would have a bad life. Besides, a majority of kids get picked on anyway, sometimes for no reason at all.

Kids are cruel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-01-20, 07:50 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Yeah, I agree with what DFD said..."
I don't think they could, the child would be raised with homosexuality is ok, not that it isn't but it could easily play around with nature so i'd say no. Also the kid would be made fun of with the "two dads and a chemistry set" joke thing... the kid wouldn't be able to handle it and neither would the community around if this gets serious because im sure alot of kids would be raised to be gay if this happened.. or les ect

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2004-01-20, 07:52 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Yeah, I agree with what DFD said..."
Well I believe that same sexed couples should be able to come within 100 yards of kids, because if they aren't in the right state of mind to couple up with the right sex then what makes you think that they should be able be around childrenJust the thought of some homosexual or lesbians fondoling their 'child' is just disturbing.

No, I don't see that there is any benefit at all, in retrospective they're getting hurt more than they're being helped. Ok, they may get picked on, ok ok put that out of the way. Say that a young girl is on her period and she has two dads I know that they're feminine but damn, they're not gonna be able to explain the 'facts of life' ... And lets say that a young boy has two moms, How the hell will he be able to grow up right? Building a fire, Learning to Throw a football, Hit a baseball, Instead he will be learning how to tap dance and paint his fingernails, ... Samesexed couples is wrong, and having children involved just makes the process of gay couples even worse.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-01-20, 08:05 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well I believe that same sexed couples..."
D3V said:
Well I believe that same sexed couples should be able to come within 100 yards of kids, because if they aren't in the right state of mind to couple up with the right sex then what makes you think that they should be able be around childrenJust the thought of some homosexual or lesbians fondoling their 'child' is just disturbing.

No, I don't see that there is any benefit at all, in retrospective they're getting hurt more than they're being helped. Ok, they may get picked on, ok ok put that out of the way. Say that a young girl is on her period and she has two dads I know that they're feminine but damn, they're not gonna be able to explain the 'facts of life' ... And lets say that a young boy has two moms, How the hell will he be able to grow up right? Building a fire, Learning to Throw a football, Hit a baseball, Instead he will be learning how to tap dance and paint his fingernails, ... Samesexed couples is wrong, and having children involved just makes the process of gay couples even worse.
Personally, I have never heard about a homosexual being charged with molesting a child. You really only hear about hetero males being charged with such crimes. And priests, but priests are fucked in the head anyway, considering it was the churched that banned homosexuality in the first place. It used to be a normal thing that happened until the Church got involved.

I'm getting off topic. Anyway, why couldn't a dad explain to his daughter why she's bleeding? I mean yeah, save for the embarrassment factor, he should know what's going on to begin with, shouldn't he? Don't they teach the female menstrual cycle to men in sex education? I thought they did. But if they don't know how to explain it, what's so wrong with asking someone else to explain it?

Last edited by Jessifer; 2004-01-20 at 08:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2004-01-20, 08:22 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Personally, I have never heard about a..."
another thing to consider is a child is the gift you get for being coupled the way you are physically designed to do. its the result of love (usually) and in my oppinion its the way it should stay... i dont hate 2 gay male parents or 2 les parents but i think they are stripping the kid of something they could have if they were raised by parents who are of the opposite sex... oh and also... i know gay male molesters... one tried to get me while i was younger (dodged his curious... hand) but still and i also heard stories of people who did things (they were also gay) and later i heard about the same person in the news ect... gay doesnt mean molestors by default but if they cant find a partner (im sure it'd be hard for embarrassed gays to admit it) then they'll go for kids... btw im sure 2 gay male partners wouldnt go for kids.. they have eachother

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2004-01-20, 09:08 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Personally, I have never heard about a..."
Jessifer said:
Personally, I have never heard about a homosexual being charged with molesting a child.
Catholic priests anyone?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-01-21, 07:07 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Catholic priests anyone?"
GravitonSurge said:
Catholic priests anyone?
No thanks! Im jewish!

not really.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2004-01-21, 01:03 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "No thanks! Im jewish! not..."
Penguin said:
No thanks! Im jewish!

not really.....
Well, Micheal jackson is clearly a homosexual and he has molested hundreds of little boys. And Why don't you think that you hear about these cases of the kids being molested? Because the parents are in it together dumbasses, they harm their children and convince the child that it is ok....There are some sick fuckers, literally child fuckers, in this world.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-01-21, 02:38 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, Micheal jackson is clearly a..."
D3V said:
[No Proof]Well, Micheal jackson is clearly a homosexual and he has molested hundreds of little boys. And Why don't you think that you hear about these cases of the kids being molested? Because the parents are in it together dumbasses, they harm their children and convince the child that it is ok....There are some sick fuckers, literally child fuckers, in this world.[/no proof]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-01-21, 06:13 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting ".........."
Same sex couple having children... What kind of sick bastard would want to put children throught crap like this ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2004-01-21, 06:52 PM in reply to Kuja's post starting "Same sex couple having children... What..."
Kuja said:
Same sex couple having children... What kind of sick bastard would want to put children throught crap like this ?
If they're young children, they wouldn't know any different, Kuja. That doesn't really respond to either question either...

1.) DFD has it right. It depends completely upon the people for parenting skills. As far as other children teasing them, I really would not like to be the child. Children are downright cruel.

2.) On the bright side, you know they didn't get married just because one of them got pregnant, so it'd have a higher chance of a loving parental unit. The child has less of a chance to grow up a homophobe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-21, 07:36 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If they're young children, they..."
Oh, yeah it sure wouldnt matter... Maybe you heard of school ? You know how children can be to each other. And maybe those things they have to write about family ? "Well me and my 2 father went fishing last week-end" You have any idea how humiliated the kid would be like ? Do you have any idea what kind of horrible life the child would get ? Same sex couples should just be euthanized. It's a psychological disorder and letting them have children would only destroy the kid life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2004-01-21, 07:49 PM in reply to Kuja's post starting "Oh, yeah it sure wouldnt matter......"
Yeah, I'd just love to wake up in the middle of the night to get something to drink and see my one of my parents ass banging the other.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!