Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post About light

Posted 2004-01-06, 01:08 PM
Well since you closed the thread in flame forum. Here

Raziel said:
If a vampire is magical, and if the creature's response to sunlight is because the vampire is magical, then the same should apply to Magus. If he's hit with a dome of PURE LIGHT and his body reacts to it like it's an electrical shock, then all light-based attacks should have the same effect. Obviously, if Raziel hit you with the Light Reaver, it would do light-based damage. But, if it hits Magus it does electrical damage.

P.S. It's common knowledge that crosses injure vampires because of the religious implications. Hence the reason why a cross doesn't hurt a vampire if the person wielding the cross doen't have faith that it will hurt the vampire.
Magus shown in no way weakness to light. The spell of Crono IS LIGHTNING and this is why i said you twisted words in the first place. It create a dome of PURE LIGHT! Yes but not PURIFICATION LIGHT which is what holy damage is. This is why Raziel wouldnt be damage with a flash light that can create a PURE LIGHT as if will not PURIFY! What your saying is that a Light Reaver does lightning damage because of the capacity of light it create. Thats not what deal the damage. The light damage of Raziel is holy not lightning YOU SHOULD KNOW IT! With what your saying a fire, lightning and non-elemental can do holy damage because they create light which is total non-sense as they are not LIGHT that PURIFY. No matter how BRIGHT they are.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2004-01-06, 02:01 PM in reply to Kuja's post "About light"
Well it was my closing, since the topic appeared to be dead and over... I guess not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-06, 02:04 PM in reply to Kuja's post "About light"
heh, no problem it wasnt much of flaming anymore anyway. So i guess it's better here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2004-01-06, 11:54 PM in reply to Kuja's post "About light"
Kuja, this is absolutely pointless. The description of the spell says " A dome of pure light." That's all. If a dome of pure light hits Magus, and his body responds to it as though it does Lightning damage, then an energy blade made of pure light will do the same. If a vampire is hit by sunlight, and his body responds to it like it's fire, then an ultraviolet lamp will do the same. The Luminaire spell and the Light Reaver are both damaging forms of energy constructed of pure light. They're the same thing, but different from a flashlight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-07, 01:58 AM in reply to Kuja's post "About light"
What's actualy pointless is how you say a pure color is holy damage. It says of a pure light as in 1 color. Not a purification light you cant say it's written that anywhere. The Light Reaver is doing holy damage which is purifying. Lightning is not holy it is quite simple.

Gamefaqs said:
Light Reaver - The second elemental power that Raziel acquires for the Soul Reaver is Light. When the Soul Reaver has been recharged in a Light fountain (a bowl with yellow/white light), it becomes the Light Reaver. This is represented by a Sun symbol in the lower left corner of your screen.
How can you even come to the conclusion that to have something that deal holy damage you need a pure color ? Luminaire is damn green! It doesnt even have white in it in first place. So your saying something PURE BLACK would do holy damage cause it's one color ? Common on man i know you can think better then that. The Light Reaver is yellow/white. Also in FF games holy spells are not pure color. Pearl for example in FFVI even has shade of blue and black! Cure spell are also always of more then one color. So because a color is pure(ONLY ONE COLOR) doesnt mean that it's holy.

Luminaire is lightning thats quite simple really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2004-01-07, 02:38 AM in reply to Kuja's post "About light"
I'm not talking about the spells' color, Kuja. I'm talking about the fact that the spell description for Luminaire says "a dome of pure light." Not a dome of light and crackling electricity, not a dome of light and freezing magic, not a dome of light and cookies just light. That's all that Luminaire is. JUST LIGHT. It's a dome of magical light that for some reason causes lightning-based damage when it hits Magus. If a dome of nothing but light causes lightning-based damage to Magus, then a blade made of nothing but light will do the same. End of story.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-07, 03:21 AM in reply to Kuja's post "About light"
Pure light create by Lightning or Pure light created by flash light should be purification light from what you tell which is not and you said so yourself. My lamp create pure light yet again it is not holy damage. The damage from the light like the reaver is holy which isnt what Luminaire does. It's really simple. I know you can understand it so why do you deny that a pure light and purifying light are completly diff. ? The pure light of Luminaire mean "uniform composition" and anyone with common sense know that.

Purify = To get rid of impurities,To rid of foreign elements, To free from sin, guilt, or other defilement.
While
Pure = uniform composition(1 color. See your luminaire here ? ), Free from impurities (ex.pure chocolate.), Free of dirt, defilement, or pollution(ex. a pure air, a clean memory), Free of foreign elements,(Nothing but one thing.) Containing nothing inappropriate.(Only the same thing)

Do i really need to say more ? I was talking the other day with titus and some others about how some ppl had a good grammar but didnt really know what some of the words they used really ment. At first most didnt think it was true but after a few examples they figured out it was indeed much more common then most would think and even them had a few flaw in the meaning of a/some words they used without even knowing their true meaning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2004-01-07, 04:15 AM in reply to Kuja's post "About light"
Kuja, never mind. There's no point in continuing this, because all you're doing is bickering over semantics. Luminaire is pure magical light. It does lightning damage to Magus. Raziel's Light Reaver is pure light, therefore it should do the same thing. You keep rambling on about the difference between "pure light" and "purifying light" and it's just retarded. If a dome of pure light damages Magus with lightning damage, then a sword of pure light will do the same. The fight is over, Magus lost, and there is no reason for me to continue listening to you split hairs over the english language. If you want to keep this up, do it with yourself and keep it to yourself.

CLOSED.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel