Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Is love evil?
Posted 2004-01-06, 04:49 PM
Situation: You and two other people are in a building. The building is collapsing. Your love's leg is trapped under a fallen piece of rock. It is not that heavy, but heavy enough that she/he requires your assistance. You must help or the building will collapse upon her.

But therre is one other person. This person is in a wheelchair. But, they fell out of it, and it was crushed by a falling pillar.

Less then a minute before the building falls down. The two of them are on opposites sides of the building. There is no way you can save them both. NO WAY!

Guess what most would do? They would unboutedly go for their lover over the other person. But what if your lover is an evil person? And the other person could be called a saint. But you would most likely go for your love over the other person.

So, you would be giving up the life of a good persohn for a bad person. Just because you love her/him. So love is hardly a good thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-01-06, 04:51 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-06, 05:00 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
It was a hastilly thought out situation. But, the point still stands. If your love's life was in danger and the lives of others was in danger, and there was only time enough to save one of them, a majority of people would save their lover.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-01-06, 05:04 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
love is greater than any emotion... it defies logic and it also defies morals.. its wrong to kill people or hurt them... but if you are in love you are under the mercy of the most powerful thing on earth... even rulers of nations can give out power to who they love... its hard to explain and if we werent human it would be impossible to make logic of it but ... well we feel it and again.. it is indeed powerful

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2004-01-06, 05:04 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
Uh, define "evil". Are you evil if you like to have kinky sex which has nothing to do with the basic instincts of survival and reproduction? Are you evil if you murder people? What if you had a prupose?

Either way, I'd save my "evil lover", no doubt about that.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2004-01-06 at 05:06 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2004-01-06, 05:07 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
Yeah, you say that the love is "evil", that could mean different things to different people. I'm sure Saddam wouldn't call what he did "evil", but many others would.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-06, 05:21 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
I mean like "murder with no reason" evil.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-01-06, 05:59 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
How is that murder with no reason? What the hell!? There's a definete reason. You're saving the person you love, rather than a stranger. Who the hell wouldn't!?

By the way, I wouldn't love an evil person. By the time you fall in love you should have a pretty good understanding of who this person is and what he/she believes in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-01-06, 06:01 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
!King_Amazon! said:

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-06, 06:31 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
Kuja`s #1 said:
It was a hastilly thought out situation. But, the point still stands. If your love's life was in danger and the lives of others was in danger, and there was only time enough to save one of them, a majority of people would save their lover.
And... I don't see the problem with that. However, if it was 2 people and ur love its different. What the fuck, why am I replying, your post was garbled BS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-01-06, 06:42 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
RoboticSilence said:
!King_Amazon! said:
noo, the matra tag is gone
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-06, 07:24 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
[mantra]penis is tasty[/mantra]

Damn, you're right.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-06, 07:34 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
[phew]I almost slit my wrist after reading this thread.[/phew]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-01-06, 07:41 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
[rubbish] lol[/rubbish]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-01-06, 09:18 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
In the end it wouldnt matter if the person i cared for is a saint or the evil itself. Why the hell would i save someone i dont even know over someone i would care for even just a little ? So now the stake would be for someone i would love ? I wouldnt even consider saving the other one if i had to pick. Hell, if he's a saint i might do him a favor and he's gonna end up with Big J. up there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2004-01-06, 09:30 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
EX-Mania said:
love is greater than any emotion... it defies logic and it also defies morals.. its wrong to kill people or hurt them... but if you are in love you are under the mercy of the most powerful thing on earth...
that should go down with other powerful quotes on love...that was good...dont kno why but i thought so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-01-06, 10:16 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
It feels good.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-01-06, 10:47 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
love IS evil.

dork 4 life..what, what..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pnaidork is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpnaidork is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pnaidork

Posted 2004-01-06, 11:56 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
Eh, yeah. I agree with pnaidork. Love is evil. By instinct, however, I would probably go for the "lover" instead of the person I didn't know, even if they were crippled.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-01-07, 02:39 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Is love evil?"
I dont see how saving someone more important can be evil in any way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja