Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Header + layout, deicde
Posted 2003-05-24, 01:19 AM
Header: (rate on scale of 1-10)

Adding text to it later, rate it now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg header.jpg (18.6 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by `Insolence`; 2003-05-24 at 01:22 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-05-24, 01:20 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Header + layout, deicde"
Layout: (scale of 1-10)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gaclan.jpg (46.3 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by `Insolence`; 2003-05-24 at 01:23 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-05-24, 03:18 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Header + layout, deicde"
One of my personal norms is to avoid rating things. Always. Call me undecisive if you like, but I just don't rate things.

Anyway, the green background in the first header seems to engulf the ship in the top header. I don't know if you actually just took it directly from a game or did some post processing to it, but it looks far more like the "background" is a single piece of transparent paper that the "green fog" has been drawed upon and held in front of everything.

Oh, and the layout looks good to me, except for the fact that those gray fonts makes it look a bit too plastic for my taste. Oh, and where the gray line just below the copyright text meets with the rightmost line of the same color looks weird. All you need to do is to remove is that one pixel that seem misplaced in the top right corner where those lines meet.

Now that I think about it, the reason why I want you to change the text is because of a slight lack of contrast. Try scrolling down in IE a bit just so the whole white menu field can't be seen any longer. Now, unless you're planning to the header that follows the page when you scroll down, I'd once again say that it seems to lack a bit of contrast. Of course, the whole gray background isn't very well shown in the picture either, which might affect my judgement a bit.

Overall, it's a very good job, but you need to spend a little more time on tweaking imho.

Oh, and if you think my criticism has been harsh and undeserved, remember one thing. If you never get any criticism and everybody keeps saying "Wow!" constantly, why would you ever bother improving? If you're already doing a great job, what's the whole point in trying to excel?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and you will simply NEVER have the perfect work not a soul will complain about. If you get 9/10 people to say it's a great job, then you've clearly succeeded big time.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-05-24, 12:55 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Header + layout, deicde"
Ohh i know about c/c no problem, thanks for all your tips, its appriciated greatly, now ima try and see what i can do to fix this up.

Glad u liked it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-05-25, 12:40 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Header + layout, deicde"
Looks good to me

Header: 8/10
Layout: 8/10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-05-25, 01:27 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Header + layout, deicde"
agree with James

Header: 7/10
Layout: 8/10
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

You missed me? I'M BACK!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2003-05-25, 03:00 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Header + layout, deicde"
Header 7
Layout 8

Very nice!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-05-25, 09:00 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Header + layout, deicde"
If u can edit the header, try make the bg look out of space kinna like ur sig. Thats my opinion.
"A pretty girl can kiss a guy, a bird can kiss a butterfly, the sun can kiss the grass, but you, my friend can kiss my ass!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iusetobekool

Posted 2003-05-25, 10:34 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Header + layout, deicde"
?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`