Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

The Beer Thread
Posted 2007-07-23, 08:15 PM
I know the Sushi thread has gotten into a large discussion of alcohol/beer, so I thought it might be nice to have a big thread for beer. Post your favorites, stories, and more! Only blacked-out once from beer. And that was my first kegger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-23, 08:52 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "The Beer Thread"
I have never blacked out from beer, only hard alcohol. I drink any beer that i can get my hands on, but if im just kicking back and relaxing, any lager or ale compliments me. If im trying to get drunk, Bud light, coors light, miller light, nadie light, etc are what i drink. My favorite beer right now for just chilling is Miller Chill and Sam Adams (winter and summer ale).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-07-23, 09:46 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I have never blacked out from beer,..."
Well, I think I did one too many kegstands. I've tried my share of shitty beer, but I'm now trying to acquire a taste for darker beers. Just recently had Redstripe again. It's the best shaped bottle ever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-23, 11:35 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "The Beer Thread"
I'm not really a beer drinking. I can't really stand light beers either. I had Molsons (sp) when I visited Canada though. It was decent.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-07-24, 08:34 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'm not really a beer drinking. I..."
I find it very hard to "drink too much" since I prefer a more mild-medium "drunkness" and I get the spinds way too early to ever black out. I also prefer beer or liquor over one another depdning on the situation. Beer is nice to sit and chill while liquor hits you quicker if you're in a social skipper.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-07-24, 09:26 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I find it very hard to "drink too much"..."
I like to have a couple of drinks and switch to beer nowadays. Liquor fucks me up too much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-24, 09:26 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I find it very hard to "drink too much"..."
Yea, don't like beer, and haven't blacked out since i was a jr in hs....watch myself a lot more now.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-07-24, 09:31 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I have never blacked out from beer,..."
Everyone try Miller Chill. I promise you'll like it. I think it's only out for a limited time, so hurry your asses up.

I just started recently liking beer, it's DEF. an acquired taste. It took me 3 years of drinking to like beer.

Hah, the other night my neighbors were over and I was already on my 5th shot of 100 proof Southern Comfort. He asked if he could have a shot and I said yeah, but watch out, this shit kicks your ass. We both put down 2 shots. About 10 minutes later he's like Alright man, 1 more shot and then I'm goin home. So we pour shots, this is my 8th one and his 3rd. He takes it.. looks at me all funny.. and then his mouth explodes into a bowling ball. I'm like get the fuck outside!! We were laughing so hard we woke up the other neighbors. Woops.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-24, 09:32 AM in reply to klo's post starting "Yea, don't like beer, and haven't..."
I try not to over-do it. But you all know when you're at a party and people just kind of hand you a bottle or give yah a beer. When I know I'm piss-ass drunk, I just smoke a little bud and chill out. I try not to blackout because of a certain incident, but we won't go there. Let's just say I turn my dick off when I drink.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-24, 09:37 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I try not to over-do it. But you all..."
When Kaneda smokes after drinking he gets sick.

For my 16th bday some guy that had interest in me, (and I led on intensly) was setting up shots with some of my friends and I went for like my 6th one and it hit my throat and went right out, onto the guy. Then I was outside with his best friend on the trampoline...that didn't go over well.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-07-24, 09:39 AM in reply to klo's post starting "When Kaneda smokes after drinking he..."
One night I had 12 White Russians and woke up on a baseball mound.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-24, 01:58 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "The Beer Thread"
Blue, prolly the best beer made. Others I'll drink are Blue light, Coors light, maybe Bud light. Cheap beer=me prolly not even going to drink.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-07-24, 02:16 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Blue, prolly the best beer made. ..."
I honestly don't like beer, the taste of it is just nasty, if I want to get drunk, i'm going to get drunk. I've tried Coronas, they're pretty good with limes, but other than that meh, I'ma stick with the Liquor...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-24, 02:20 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I honestly don't like beer, the taste..."
D3V said:
I honestly don't like beer, the taste of it is just nasty, if I want to get drunk, i'm going to get drunk. I've tried Coronas, they're pretty good with limes, but other than that meh, I'ma stick with the Liquor...
If you think Coronas are good with lime, try Miller Chill. You'll love it, I promise.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-24, 02:42 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "If you think Coronas are good with..."
I actually just tried it over the weekend for the first time at a beach block party, and I liked it a lot. I love Coronas with lime though even more. Hoegardden is my favorite beer right now, by far.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-07-24, 07:45 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "If you think Coronas are good with..."
Thanatos said:
If you think Coronas are good with lime, try Miller Chill. You'll love it, I promise.
Dos Equis (sp) os def better then corona. Also Blue moon with an orange peel is awesome. My best blackout story is on halloween my freshman year when i had 5 shotsof gin and 3 shots of SoCo 100proof. Needless to say i was fucked up and apparently (my roomate told me this later) I decided to go to class. It was Sat night so i had no class the next day (which is why this is awesome) and walked a mile with no shoes and no shirt to go to class. I woke up in the building that i had class in and found that i broke the window and climbed in. I was scared out of my mind
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-07-24, 08:00 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Dos Equis (sp) os def better then..."
The lightest beer I drink is Samuel Adams' Boston Lager, you guys are all talking about flavored water in my eyes, I can't drink any of that junk that uses Rice and/or beechwood to cut out the bitterness.

Negra Modelo is a dark Mexican ale that's actually really flavorful, it's not too bitter at all considering the type of drink it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-24, 08:41 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The lightest beer I drink is Samuel..."
Ever had Tsingtao? You'd think they added dirt to the aftertaste.

And Gruesome, are you a lighter guy? It takes me eight shots to get a decent buzz, and I'm 18 and 150 pounds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-24, 08:49 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Ever had Tsingtao? You'd think they..."
Never had Tsingtao, but I don't think I've heard anything positive about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-24, 09:07 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Never had Tsingtao, but I don't think..."
I was at a friend's and he let me have one. Should've realized it was shitty, since it was in there untouched for a week or so. Sam Adam's is a good beer. I really wish they would drop the drinking age. I almost died of laughter when two of my good buddies got minors just two and four days before their 21sts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven