Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you think a merge with GOD would be a good idea?
Yes, it would be fine! 13 24.53%
No, that is completely unacceptable. 33 62.26%
I really don't care about this. I just want to be able to visit some forums. 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Merge with GOD?

Posted 2002-04-03, 11:53 AM
GOD-Forums and EHA have recently merged, and they have invited us to join their "alliance" by redirecting all our members to GOD forums. However, we need to talk this through in detail.

Some facts:
* Our forums will be different, since GOD will be the main forum. However, the name of the GOD forums will be changed in that case, maybe to something like "GO Zel".
* Our admins will still remain.
* There will really be no major changes, except that we get more people on, plus some new admins/mods.

So, the good part about this is pretty much that we become larger. The downside is that merges usually leads to conflicts, since it's a part of the human nature to struggle for success.
In other words, a 3-forum alliance has a certain chance of being crushed by "insiders".

The server will also get somewhat slower due to the amount of people that will be on, and the rules might be slightly stricter, but it would be ideal if we would discuss this, and maybe even put a vote or two on our ideals.

Personally, I'm not going to explain what I think about this whole thing, I'm just willing to see your rants, votes and comments for now. There is no need to flame anyone, since nothing has been decided yet.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-03, 12:06 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
Think of it on the light side. Yes, we've had our differences, you guys know me as the one who came to Zel warring, but now, We've settled our differences to fry some bigger fish ( CL ). Which we may one day become bigger then. Think about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dmaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDmaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dmaster

Posted 2002-04-03, 12:20 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
"We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Your biological and technological distinctivity will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."

In short, it just wouldn't be Zelaron anymore. It would be GOD+some Zelaron stuff.
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-03, 12:30 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
Think of it guys eha, god forum and zeleran join togather and make an elite forum and blow chealtist out of here. The new forum would be a @%@! awesome alliance godlier then ever come on people you know the more people a forum has the MORE FUN it is the more hacks that can be thought of come on people lets join togather IT WOULD BE PURE OWNAGE!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Madjokster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMadjokster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Madjokster

Posted 2002-04-03, 12:42 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
Not to mention...We're keeping all admins from all 3 forums, we're keeping all active sr mods, others who are in active will be demoted to mod. And all active mods will still be mod.

Not to mention, the only thing we're gonna keep from GOD is...The host/server. We have the best host. We're making a new name something like Godly-Alliance.

Think about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dmaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDmaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dmaster

Posted 2002-04-03, 12:42 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
Ok I just think that's a flat-out bad idea. Are they willing to do it though?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-04-03, 12:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
All 3 admins from 3 forums, which becomes 9 if I'm not entirely misstaken. 9 admins is resonably much, but I guess nothing can be done about that.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-03, 12:50 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
And yes, GOD and EHA are going to merge with or without us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-03, 12:54 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
I don't know. A huge forum sounds cool, but..

1) Things could get overloaded (and I'm not talking purely bandwidth-ly)
2) 9 Admins sounds like it could have a big conflict on ideas.
3) 3 Different forums sounds like it could have conflicts on ideas.
4) We lose our individuallity (The right to call it OUR forum)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-03, 12:56 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
What is the need to get bigger ? i mean most of poeople have signed in differents forums, so we would not be so 'more' people, in fact. total of members will not be X3...
And about CL, no need to be as big or bigger; see what's happened to this forum; it 's dead by itself, full of newbies and when such exploit as Matrix came out, they couldn't released it coz they were afraid that some of their newb members use it with nonsense... so i don't enjoy that idea. But you'll decide and i'll do with it. just my opinion.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-04-03, 01:01 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
Hmm, you're right #1. The benefits of merging is obviously more activity, but we're also risking some things by doing it, and this forum will no longer exist by itself.

Personally, I think an alliance would be better than a merge in the end, but I still want more suggestions from you people. I'm not saying that a merge is impossible, but we still need to talk this through even more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-03, 01:03 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
Quote:
Originally posted by User Name # 1
And about CL, no need to be as big or bigger; see what's happened to this forum; it 's dead by itself
Did you mean THIS forum (Zelaron), or THAT forum (Cheatlist)?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-03, 01:05 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
Quote:
Originally posted by GravitonSurge
Ok I just think that's a flat-out bad idea. Are they willing to do it though?
I have a comment on this. The only reason you think it's a bad Idea is cuz you know how bad CL will be getting owned. You are with CL now. GO, get used.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dmaster

Posted 2002-04-03, 01:07 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
hey guys did you ever think of the reason we have more admin, mods, sen mods is cause we will BE A HUGE FORUM if u want ur questions answered you are automatically guarenteed an answer within a min come on guys think before you do the poll.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Madjokster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMadjokster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Madjokster

Posted 2002-04-03, 02:05 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
Quote:
Hmm, you're right #1. The benefits of merging is obviously more activity, but we're also risking some things by doing it, and this forum will no longer exist by itself.
Didn't I already say that?

Quote:
"We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Your biological and technological distinctivity will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."
Ultimately, I suppose I don't care too terribly much, but it's important to note that there will no longer be a Zelaron if we merge
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-03, 02:10 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
... No way penguin isent moving from zelaron, i belong nowhere else and they may not... like penguin 0.0 i love this forum the way it is, we will get more members anyway, we get more members everyday... Why not just be a huge forum without big merging, and just ally with them....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-04-03, 02:29 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
Right, we would all be a NEW forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dmaster

Posted 2002-04-03, 02:38 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
IF WE MERGE WE WILL OWN CHEATLIST WE WILL BE BIGGER THEN CL THEY WONT HAVE SHIT ON US, WE WILL HAVE THE BEST HACKERS AND EVERYTHING WE WOULD OWN ANY OTHER FORUM THAT COMES OUT!.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Madjokster

Posted 2002-04-03, 02:44 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
This thread isn't neccesarily the final result, but I'm just willing to see what you people think. So far, it seems like most of the Zel people want to stay as Zel, while the GOD/Zel people want to do a change. I wanted this thread for some arguments/reasons, not just the vote count. Still, if the current voting keeps up, it will be no idea to merge, since we'd lose almost all our members then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-03, 02:56 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Merge with GOD?"
im 100% sure you wont lose ur members if you merge with god forum its nothing they can do they will try it out and see how it will go and they will relize that its a godly idea to merge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Madjokster