Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

DC or MC?
Posted 2021-02-18, 06:41 PM
Note this is for comic books and not movies, as we all know MCU wins hands down Also I am not asking for a debate, just which do you prefer and why.

I'm partial to MC, though my first superhero was Batman (I had THE BIGGEST crush on Michael Keaton) and my favorite character growing up was Catwoman, but these days I love Marvel and how deep they can go. I love Thor and the story of how even a God is imperfect. I am also ready S.W.O.R.D right now because I am in love with the Wanda Vision series. Vision is also another favorite character of mine.
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-02-19, 09:02 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "DC or MC?"
Silverjinx18 said: [Goto]
Note this is for comic books and not movies, as we all know MCU wins hands down Also I am not asking for a debate, just which do you prefer and why.

I'm partial to MC, though my first superhero was Batman (I had THE BIGGEST crush on Michael Keaton) and my favorite character growing up was Catwoman, but these days I love Marvel and how deep they can go. I love Thor and the story of how even a God is imperfect. I am also ready S.W.O.R.D right now because I am in love with the Wanda Vision series. Vision is also another favorite character of mine.
I always felt like even in the comic universe the MCU has it way more together than DC. DC feels more like a bunch of disconnected superheroes with neat powers, then again, I am very tainted by the fact that they shit the bed with their movies, puts a bad taste in my mouth for the comics.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2021-02-19, 11:58 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I always felt like even in the comic..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
I always felt like even in the comic universe the MCU has it way more together than DC. DC feels more like a bunch of disconnected superheroes with neat powers, then again, I am very tainted by the fact that they shit the bed with their movies, puts a bad taste in my mouth for the comics.
Totally agree. It always feels like, on both sides (books and movies) DC is always playing catch up with MC. This means they can't fully develop characters and their story making them nothing more than fun costumes jumping around fighting bad guys. I love that Marvel's main story falls in with the person behind the mask more than what the mask and costume is. Also that average Joes can achieve greatness and the rich and powerful can fall and be humbled by it.

I do like how they are starting to humanize villains in DC (which is something I love about MC). I like knowing the why behind a villain and not just hating them because they are the bad guy. I can disagree with someone while still having sympathy for them. I hope DC takes something away from the popularity the film Joker had. How it was developed and thought out and not just thrown together. I also liked the journey Birds of Prey took us on to better understand Harley Quinn and her why. So I have special places in my heart for both DC and MC, but MC develops more and doesn't just throw things at me like DC does.

Side note: Have you tried the Harley Quinn animated series? I LOVE it!
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18