Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2007-04-17, 10:02 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Ah k, someone told me it had 980..."
No Va Tech is pretty big as was already said, new information is apprently he left some letter saying "you" caused this to happen, however from the information that I read, it wasn't really clear as to who exactly he was really mad about.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-04-17, 10:34 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "No Va Tech is pretty big as was already..."
My bad guys, i saw the information on a site that isnt legit. They arent sure if they were ex bf gf. Im sure more info will be out within the next few days
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-04-18, 05:33 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "No Va Tech is pretty big as was already..."
Maybe by "you" he meant people on Youtube.

Look what you've done, Time magazine!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-18, 12:48 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Maybe by "you" he meant people on..."
What if he turned out to be a Zelaron poster? Would that surprise/scare anyone?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-18, 12:54 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "What the fuck? Are you serious? 32..."
Titusfied said:
What the fuck? Are you serious? 32 fucking college students were shot to death by some psycho-path. What do you want the media to do, make a blog on their website about it and nothing more? This is the most catastrophic school shooting in US history. This is a disaster, and the story needs to be told.
I agree that the story needs to be told... but only the story of those killed, and not even bring up the murderer.

Let the police handle that.

The media's role should be to sympathize with those killed, not treat them as statistics and glorify the murderer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-18, 12:59 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I agree that the story needs to be..."
Grav's right. The message being sent out is, "If you're a depressed kid and you want everyone to talk about you for months and know more about you then they do their own president, then go shoot up an educational establishment."

x_X.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-18, 01:02 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Grav's right. The message being sent..."
Willkillforfood said:
Grav's right. The message being sent out is, "If you're a depressed kid and you want everyone to talk about you for months and know more about you then they do their own president, then go shoot up an educational establishment."

x_X.
There was some headline about over 100something iraqi's dying in some explosion today, but you won't see that on the news 24 hours a day. It's because they are in a warzone and stuff like that is somewhat to be expected.

Regardless, to people who say "people die every day, it's not that big of a deal," I'd love to find out when they die so I can go to their funeral with a sign that says "people die every day, get over it" and see their families reactions.

EDIT: WTF, where did that quote in my post come from? I don't even see where you said that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-18, 02:16 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I agree that the story needs to be..."
I don't think they're trying to glorify the murderer. I think they're trying to educate the masses on possible warning signs from these psychopaths. I mean, if there is a behavioral trend between these murderers, then that should be something everyone needs to be aware of to help prevent it in the future.

Also, if I was a family member of one of these victims, and there was no press coverage, except for sympathy, I'd be pretty pissed, because I would want to know answers. Why did this asshole go crazy, why did he/she kill everyone, how can we prevent this in the future so no one else has to go through what I'm going through right now. There are more positives than you are giving credit to for the publicity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-04-18, 02:50 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I don't think they're trying to glorify..."
Titusfied said:
I don't think they're trying to glorify the murderer. I think they're trying to educate the masses on possible warning signs from these psychopaths. I mean, if there is a behavioral trend between these murderers, then that should be something everyone needs to be aware of to help prevent it in the future
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18175525/?GT1=9246
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-18, 03:19 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There was some headline about over..."
!King_Amazon! said:
There was some headline about over 100something iraqi's dying in some explosion today, but you won't see that on the news 24 hours a day. It's because they are in a warzone and stuff like that is somewhat to be expected.

Regardless, to people who say "people die every day, it's not that big of a deal," I'd love to find out when they die so I can go to their funeral with a sign that says "people die every day, get over it" and see their families reactions.

EDIT: WTF, where did that quote in my post come from? I don't even see where you said that.
I have no problem with a horrible thing like this being covered ...but it's not just this. The media capitalizes on it and milks it for all it's worth.

Not only is the tragedy covered. Of course, anti-gun people have to get their 15 minutes to say "I told you so! Guns should be outlawed ...see what happens?" What if he just blew up the fucking building? That would have been even worse and it's very possible.

What happened is sad, but do we really have to wallow in it for months like will inevitably happen? I mean, I know politicians and anti-gun lobbyists need shit like this to help boost their support but damn.

And I mean, with all this attention ...EVERYONE is talking about this and will be for a while. There are so many disturbed people out there that lack attention. They're scornful to everyone for ignoring them. What better way to get what they want ...they too could be talked about for days, weeks, or even months on air by some of the most recognizable people in the country.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-18, 03:28 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I have no problem with a horrible thing..."
exactly.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-04-18, 05:46 PM in reply to klo's post starting "exactly."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/...060681,00.html

Just found this on Google News. He's been in a mental hospital.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-04-18, 05:51 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/stor..."
He was disturbed beyond comprehension. Just check out his fucking video he mailed between shootings... It's sad really. He's dimented.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-04-18, 06:41 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "He was disturbed beyond comprehension. ..."
Did anybody see the package that he sent to NBC. Its filled with so much messed up shit. So sad.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-04-19, 05:53 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Did anybody see the package that he..."
Yep, he's a whacko for sure. A coworker at my office had his son shot in the face. It shattered into 5 pieces, and he's in critical but stable condition. Right now, he's in a drug induced coma until next week to allow for healing to take place without a hitch. I think he'll be alright, but he'll have some hearing problems, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2007-04-19, 06:30 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yep, he's a whacko for sure. A..."
Titusfied said:
Yep, he's a whacko for sure. A coworker at my office had his son shot in the face. It shattered into 5 pieces, and he's in critical but stable condition. Right now, he's in a drug induced coma until next week to allow for healing to take place without a hitch. I think he'll be alright, but he'll have some hearing problems, etc.
Damn, that really blows. I hope he is ok
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-04-19, 02:27 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Or a hat the someone wears on their..."
The strangest part is that the aniversity of the colombine is this week. maby the shooters timing had to do with that.
But the news really should tell the tale once and then update from then on. I was in the car with my dad and he was listening to NPR. I swear that within the 30 min. period i was in that car they mentioned the shoting ten times. That is just rubbing the fact that be don't have good security in our face and gets annoying.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-19, 03:32 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yep, he's a whacko for sure. A..."
That's terrible. The FACE.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-04-19, 03:35 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "The strangest part is that the..."
I think it is encouraging other people who think the world and their classmates ruined their lives to do a similar act. Today I saw on nbc online some of the shit that he sent to them and he was basically trying to "prove his point" and when someone else who has issues and feels like that sees it I think they'll be encouraged.

Didn't i say that, columbine was on 420, friday...
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-04-19, 04:13 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yep, he's a whacko for sure. A..."
Sorry to hear about that. This guy was clearly fucked up though.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe