Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

selling my computer
Posted 2010-01-19, 06:07 PM
i've talked to some people and they say 300 is a good price for my computer.
its my pentium 4 2.4ghz processor with 100gb ide hard drive, and 64mb intergrated video ram. it has a dvd/cd burner. it has 1 gb of ram and a 250 watt power supply. its motherboard is the asus p4gv-la. sound doesnt work but the owner can get one for well 15 dollars at radioshack. i would put it for 375 but the case is scratched and the power supply is hanging by one screw.
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=961566

how do you guys think of this price
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run

Last edited by jamer123; 2010-01-19 at 06:24 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2010-01-20, 10:22 AM in reply to jamer123's post "selling my computer"
I think you'll have a hard time getting that much money for it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-20, 02:08 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I think you'll have a hard time getting..."
asked a expert on the price and he said 325 was good but i lowered it to 300
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2010-01-20, 02:55 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "asked a expert on the price and he said..."
Well good luck on the sale! How long after before you buy the rest of your new equipment?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-20, 03:07 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well good luck on the sale! How long..."
not that long ... might be like a onth to get it though ... luckily i have my old ibm ^-^
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2010-01-20, 10:36 PM in reply to jamer123's post "selling my computer"
Realistically, you're not going to find a buyer for anywhere close to $300. Not only is the economy bad so people aren't buying luxury items, but those parts are just... outdated. My Thinkpad T60 laptop sold for $250 over the summer, and that's a more modern machine.

Last edited by Grav; 2010-01-20 at 10:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-01-21, 04:55 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Realistically, you're not going to find..."
theres a gut helping me and he says he found someone to buy for that price ... most likely a computer shop but well at least im getting my 375 bucks.
the guy thats helping is a computer expert .... so he has people around the us that he knows
and the price keeps changing because hes helping .. 375 is what he said for what my computer sounds like for price
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run

Last edited by jamer123; 2010-01-21 at 04:57 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2010-01-21, 11:28 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "theres a gut helping me and he says he..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
theres a gut

Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-22, 08:24 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "theres a gut helping me and he says he..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
there's a guy helping me and he says he found someone to buy for that price ... most likely a computer shop but well at least im getting my 375 bucks.
the guy thats helping is a computer expert .... so he has people around the us that he knows
and the price keeps changing because hes helping .. 375 is what he said for what my computer sounds like for price
You're computer is worth no more than $150 dollars. This also coming from a computer expert.

1 CPU at 2.4GHz - Outdated. 2 or 4 CPUs is the standard. And your processor is old, so naturally doesn't have L3 cache.
1 GB DDR - Outdated - Plus, your computer's motherboard probably doesn't support more than 2 DDR module slots and inputing more than 512 MB DDR modules per slot.
100 GB IDE HDD - If it was SSD, the price would be shooting up a ton. But, no, 100 GB IDE HDD, is just tiny and most likely only spins at 5400 or 7200 RPM (A.K.A. The current standards)
DVD/CD Burners - Standard. Blu-Ray Burners/Readers is the new thing.
64MB Integrated Video RAM = Steals 64MB from 1GB of main RAM - Dedicated would have been worth more and your machine probably has a pretty outdated video card to only want 64MB of RAM.
Case and internal components - Damaged and screws missing.
Desktop Machine - I'm guessing you'll not be selling your monitor with this computer; And it's not portable.
OS - Windows XP SP3 (32-bit only)
Used - Being a used product lowers the price automatically by a lot. Computers only go down in value from the day you get it. It can't be helped.

Laying that down, can you really even say it's worth nearly $300? I think not. $150 is probably the most you'll realistically get for the computer. Personally, I'm betting on $100.

My laptop when I bought it was $650.
2 CPU at 2.4GHz - Standard
4 GB DDR2 - Standard though DDR3 will replace it eventually
500 GB HDD - Standard
DVD/CD Burners - Standard
Video Card - ATI HD 3200 - Is powerful enough to play AION and Crysis without lag.
256 MB Integrated Video RAM - Standard. It's a laptop after all.
Case and internal components - Good shape
Laptop - It's portable and comes with the monitor built in.
Built in Wireless Adapter - That's always good.
Built in Speakers - Made by Altec Lansing, and they're nice.
90 Watt PS - Low energy usage
OS - Windows XP SP2 (32-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Ubuntu 9.10
Used - Lowers Price
Extra - Has HDMI, DVI and VGA Out Ports.

Price: $350 Max. Yeah, mine is worth around $300. Yours is worth no where near that.

Maybe talk to real computer experts and not just people who are trying to be nice to you.

--------------
Anyways, randomly decided to come back today, only to discover this; And I decided it was necessary to break the truth to you jamer.

-I'm out and probably won't be back for another month.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2010-01-23, 09:04 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "You're computer is worth no more than..."
I don't know why, but I've missed you.

Yeah, I'm worried, too.

Jamer might get lucky, you never know. If not, he could tweak it into a very basic file server.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-01-25, 04:16 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I don't know why, but I've missed you...."
it is dedicated video ram glg thats the video ram itself ... it does take some from the ram when it needs it ... aka i play grand theft auto san andreas on this computer with a little lagg at times
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2010-01-25, 10:02 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "it is dedicated video ram glg thats the..."
So have you gotten the money yet?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-25, 02:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "So have you gotten the money yet?"
im going face to face with the buyer to make sure
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123