Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Back from Gamescom
Posted 2009-08-22, 09:51 AM
Whew thank god, that place was really noisy and extremely crowded. I never saw so many virgins in one place before. Oh and booth babes are not hot, they just happen to be hotter than a gaming nerd is used too.

Well anyways I got to see a bunch of upcoming games and play some too.
I played Section 8 for awhile. It seems like a good Halo + Tribes combination. It was polished and fun. Guitar Hero 5, and Beatles Rock Band looked like the same old shit, new songs. Tony Hawks Ride was pretty impressive though. It has an actual wheel-less skateboard controller, so you can do the tricks you want to by doing the movements with your feet. Anyways I saw a bunch of shit and it was tiring.

Stay away from extremely popular developers booths by the way. The crowd in the area around Blizzards booth was nut to butt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-08-22, 05:09 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Back from Gamescom"
Goo advice for the rest of us who are going to Gamescom this year...

I've just had a look at Section 8 on Wikipedia, and it looks like a generic space marine FPS (burn-in sounds interesting, but I imagine it will feel quite gimmicky and be little-used ingame) to me.

Did you play/see anything that's multi-platform?

EDIT: Was Assassin's Creed II there, by any chance?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-08-23, 12:10 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Goo advice for the rest of us who are..."
The burn in is respawning on your own terms. Anyways the game felt right. Just like Halo feels right. If your are a shooter fan you know what I mean.

Quote:
Did you play/see anything that's multi-platform?
A. I saw Final Fantasy IV Online being played. If I would have waited in that line I could have played it myself too. It is multi-platform as well.

The best game I saw was Star Wars: The Old Republic, that game is absolutely dripping with WoW killing venom.

:edit:

Here is a list of the notable games that were at Gamescom. I walked through the whole complex and spent at least a minute near each booth. There was a ton more games than this list but, they were not major.

Activision Blizzard
Diablo 3 (PC)
DJ Hero (360, PS2, PS3, Wii)
Guitar Hero 5 (360, PS2, PS3, Wii)
Modern Warfare 2 (360, PC, PS3)
Starcraft II (PC)
Tony Hawk: Ride (360, PS3, Wii)

Capcom
Dark Void (360, PC, PS3)
Lost Planet 2 (360, PC, PS3)
Monster Hunter 3 (Wii)
Spyborgs (Wii)

Electronic Arts
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360, PC, PS3)
Dante's Inferno (360, PS3, PSP)
Dragon Age: Origins (360, PC, PS3)
FIFA 10 (360, DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii)
Mass Effect 2 (360, PC)
Need for Speed: Shift (360, PC, PS3, PSP)
Spore Hero (Wii)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)
The Sims 3: World Adventures (PC)

Konami
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360, PS3)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (360, DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (PS2, PSP, Wii)

Microsoft
Fable III (360)
Forza Motorsport 3 (360)
Halo 3: ODST (360)
Project Natal (360)

Namco Bandai
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (360, PS3)
Katamari Forever (PS3)
Tekken 6 (360, PS3, PSP)
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
God of War III (PS3)
Gran Turismo (PSP)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
MAG (PS3)
ModNation Racers (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (PS3)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
White Knight Chronicles (PS3)

Sega
Aliens vs. Predator (360, PC, PS3)
Napoleon: Total War (PC)

Square Enix
Final Fantasy XIII (360, PS3)
Final Fantasy XIV (PC, PS3)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)
Supreme Commander II (360, PC)

Take-Two
Mafia II (360, PC, PS3)

Ubisoft
Assassin's Creed II (360, PC, PS3)
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (360, PC, PS3, PSP, Wii)
R.U.S.E. (360, PC, PS3)
Rabbids Go Home (Wii)
Red Steel 2 (Wii)
Splinter Cell: Conviction (360, PC)

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2009-08-23 at 12:19 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-08-23, 01:58 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "The burn in is respawning on your own..."
Lmao, DJ Hero? xD
I wonder what songs that'll have on it.

And another Kingdom Hearts???
I honestly only liked the the Destiny Islands, Travers Town, and the Arena in the the first, and then I only liked playing as Roxas in 2... Vivi was beast. and Seifer was a badass.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-08-23, 04:52 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Lmao, DJ Hero? xD I wonder what songs..."
Quote:
And another Kingdom Hearts???
Nope - it was announced a few years ago, so it's not new.

---

Did you manage to see anything of ACII?

And Fable III? That's news to me! Just announced?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-08-23, 06:07 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Nope - it was announced a few years..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Nope - it was announced a few years ago, so it's not new.

---

Did you manage to see anything of ACII?

And Fable III? That's news to me! Just announced?
ACII:

And Fable 3 was just a teaser trailer, no gameplay at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-08-23, 06:39 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "ACII:..."
I swear he says "Indiana Jones"... alas, it looks like it's just the E3 footage.

Still, it looks beautiful! Can't wait for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny