Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

algebra 1
Posted 2010-08-14, 09:31 PM
Ok, for this school year i have a high school course. I got selected with maybe 10 other people to join the algebra 1 class. You think its a good idea?
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2010-08-14, 09:41 PM in reply to jamer123's post "algebra 1"
It's pretty ezmode.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-08-14, 09:43 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's pretty ezmode."
Jesus I don't remember shit about math. I used to love it, how bad does algebra get? Is that the one with the [1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0] things? Matric's?? Fuck wow, maybe I am still kinda fucked up, lol...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-08-14, 10:07 PM in reply to jamer123's post "algebra 1"
Go for it. The basic rule of Algebra I kept in mind - FORGET EVERYTHING YOU'VE LEARNED, IT DOESN'T APPLY TO ALGEBRA
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-08-14, 10:10 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Go for it. The basic rule of Algebra I..."
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Skurai might not be the best person to take advice from when it comes to anything other than being a dumbass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-08-14, 11:04 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm gonna go out on a limb and say..."
It's fairly straightforward. You seem like a reasonably intelligent kid. You should do fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2010-08-15, 07:33 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "It's fairly straightforward. You seem..."
i had pre algebra last year and i aced it easily and btw kazilla algebra is more like finding the percent and other equations
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2010-08-15, 02:49 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "i had pre algebra last year and i aced..."
Maybe I was thinking of something else. Algebra was basically filling in the blanks, and going in reverse, right? Felt completely pointless...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-08-15, 03:54 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Maybe I was thinking of something else...."
Algebra basically introduces unknowns and graphing. It focuses around y = mx + b in the beginning, and gets into the other forms near the end of the first course from my experience (when you learn y - y1=m(x-x1) which is point-slope form.) I really enjoyed algebra, it only gets annoying in the more advanced courses. And if I can stress anything, it's that you need to remember algebra. Mathematics is taught in a way such that you need a fundamental understanding of whatever you have learned prior to fully understand and apply the things you will learn. You will still be using your algebra well into calculus and beyond. Honestly, the higher levels of math aren't that difficult (at least through calculus) as long as you understand algebra.

If you have any trouble at all with algebra we can probably help you Jamer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-08-15, 04:30 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Jesus I don't remember shit about math...."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
Jesus I don't remember shit about math. I used to love it, how bad does algebra get? Is that the one with the [1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0] things? Matric's?? Fuck wow, maybe I am still kinda fucked up, lol...

I believe that's binary..011001000111010101101101011000100110000101 11001101110011
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-08-15, 04:53 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I believe that's..."
A system composed of 0s and 1s would be binary, but I think Kazilla was referring to matrices. They're most readily used for solving multi-variable systems of equations. But that's usually in "Algebra 2" and you also learn other methods. I suspect matrices come into play in later mathematics (I'm only just starting multivariate calculus myself) but I doubt Jamer will see them in the near future much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-08-15, 05:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "A system composed of 0s and 1s would be..."
Yea, KA is right... That was the last math class I took, I believe they called it College Algebra. Its been several years though. I remember my teacher yelling at me because I could do most of the work in my head, she called me out in class and said stfu.. literally lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-08-15, 07:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "A system composed of 0s and 1s would be..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
A system composed of 0s and 1s would be binary, but I think Kazilla was referring to matrices. They're most readily used for solving multi-variable systems of equations. But that's usually in "Algebra 2" and you also learn other methods. I suspect matrices come into play in later mathematics (I'm only just starting multivariate calculus myself) but I doubt Jamer will see them in the near future much.
You will use matrices exhaustively if you ever take a course in linear algebra. Multivariable calculus, you only use matrices to compute Curls, and even then it's only for determinants.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes