Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

1.10/1.09 Hybrid Amazon Guide!
Posted 2004-06-24, 11:58 AM
1.10/1.09 Hybrid Amazon Guide!

1.10 / 1.09 Hybrid Amazon is no easy character to play in 1.10 so if your not even a intermediate pker yet, don’t even bother. They are very, very much at a disadvantage to just about everything in 1.10. Of course Blizzard has once again messed up Diablo, but lets get to the build. This Amazon guide can get you off too a good start if your sick of playing no-skill casters and want to challenge yourself. If you know how to play an Amazon, you can stand your ground vs. most characters. But you will have trouble with just about every class you face on one thing or another.

Abbreviations: (Good Idea jOObelette~!)
Zon = Amazon
WF = Windforce
SM = Slow Missile
GA= Guided Arrow = Slow Missile
MS = Multiple Shot
IGA = Invisible Guided Arrow
IBS = Invisible Bone Spirit
WW = Whirlwind
Sin = Assassin
Vit = Vitality
Dungoes = Verdungoes Hearty Cord
CB = Crushing Blow
DS = Deadly Strike
CS = Critical Strike
Desynch- de-synchronization – a form of lag that makes u think you are somewhere but to the server u are else where usually somewhere in your trail.

STATS:
Strength: 95
Dexterity: 200-250+ (Depending on level and the amount of life you want.)
Vitality: All Remaining
Energy: Base

Explanation:
The Amazon only needs enough strength to toss on a WF. This bow sucked terribly in 1.09, but in 1.10 everything is far to unbalanced to worry about minimum damage. Remember amazons are built off dexterity for damage. You could use the same items as my Amazon and have 150 base dex and be doing a good 1,000-1,500 less then my Amazon. I will post my amazons stats at the end for you people to compare if you decide to build one.

SKILLS:
Guided Arrow: 20
Dodge: 10-15
Evade: 15-20
Avoid: 15-20
Critical Strike: 20
Multiple Shot: 6-8 (Read Equipment to know.)
Jab: 1
Lightning Bolt: 1
Penetrate: 1-5

OPTIONAL SKILLS:
Slow Missile: 1
Inner Sight: 1

Explanation:
The Amazon is focused on getting heavy damaging hits against your target in 1.10, thus you want to max critical strike immediately! As for your dodging skills, most of 1.10 are casters. Go for the missile attack dodging over melee and you can stand your ground vs. them for a while. As for your jab and Lightning Bolt, in hell games everyone gets -100% to your resistances, well Lightning bolt converts your physical damage to lightning making it a possible 1-3 hit KO skill. Don’t over abuse the lightning bolt since people can pick up on it fairly easy. As for your optionals, HIT THOSE DAMN NEWB NECS WITH THAT SLOW MISSILE AND ENJOY IT!!! And as for inner sight, its fun to have it available for vs. zealots etc.

Equipment:
Amazon set ups are based on IAS, so check out your IAS break points before getting any bright ideas. Heres a link: http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs...hp?lang=english

Helmet: Three options, and 3 options ONLY: Shako with a 40/15 IAS, CoA with 2x 40/15 IAS, or a nice 120/45/Life Helm (I suggest the 120/45)

Amulet: Cats Eye, Highlords Wrath, Maras, and Nokazan Relic

Armor: 160/60 IAS/Life Armor, NO arguing!

Shield: StormShield 40/15 IAS

Weapon 1: Windforce 40/15 IAS (Read Necro Strategy for further info)

Weapon 2: Ethereal Titans Revenge

Belt: 15% Dungoes with alot of vitality (Verdungoes Hearty Cord)

Rings: Raven Frost 250/20 IS NICE, Bitter Hold

Gauntlets: Crafted or Rare 20ias/dex/life/+2 passive or bow/CB

Greaves: War Travelers, Imp Shanks

CHARMS:
25-30x 3/20/5% Run/Walk Small Charms
9-14x 3/20/20 Life Small Charms
1 Annihilus (My zon has a 19 stat so you may need more strength)

***Stash Equipment***
1 Drawf Star
1 T-Gods
1 Hotspur
Shield 4x P. Topazed
Shield 4x Um Runes (88 all res nice inteam duels vs all eles)
1 Vampire Gaze with 40/15 (Helps vs Ele Druids)
1 Nokazan Relic
1 Atmas Scarab
Your Ammies I listed
Imp Shanks

*Amulet- The options are self explanatory. Use the Nokazan vs. the fire nubs and the Maras for a team duel with more then 2 ele chars. The highlords gives your Amazon an additional boots with Deadly Strike of 37% at level 99. With this, level 20 CS, and gloves with CB your Amazon can dish out some sick hits.

*Weapon- Using Titans Revenge enables you to use Stormshield easier due to the +20 str. Most people like to use Demon arches, BUT THEY SUCK TERRIBLY DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE THOSE PIECES OF SHIT. Reasons!?!??!
1. Slow as Grandma Joe with no legs trying to ride a pogo stick!
2. Artificial damage due to elemental which is very easy to cancel
3. It doesn’t even do much more pure damage then titans since titans has +20 str/dex and +4 skills.
As for your bow, a lot of people are going back to the 7fps Matazon builds. YOU’RE A IDIOT IF YOU DO. This build receives 8fps and over 6,000 damage. No Matazon would be able to beat you regardless of her speed. Within 1 hit you can wipe out any Matazon due to a 6,000+ hit with a Critical and if your real lucky a Deadly Striker = DEAD!

Explanation- Charms:
If your Amazon is slow, your dead.

Explanation- Gear:
Your focusing on damage in 1.10, do not worry about your resistances nor your damage reduction. Due to the Facet jewels and things such as Doom, Crescent Moon, or Cold Mastery, you wouldn’t ever have enough resistances to stay alive any longer then without them. You might as well toss on that damage and pray for a nice critical or deadly. The Windforce bow doesn’t have a nice average damage, yet another unbalanced thing in 1.10 every melee char gets a nice optional eBotD with 500+ max and or 200+ min but nooo zons get nerfed x10!, but my zon still has 533 min damage and a maximum of 6,301. With this kind of damage range anything can happen. Factor in the Criticals and Deadly and CB you may get some nice hit combos. The ED/IAS gear simply helps your speed and once again renders in a lot more damage with a bit of life addition. You guys are probably wondering about faster hit recovery HEY GUESS WHAT ITS USELESS on an Amazon. We dodge so damn much you get stunned either way, and then again if you get hit by 2 or 3 Bone Spirits or 1-2 Hammers or a nice Blizz your dead anyways cause the casters in 1.10 are nOObified and can kill you faster then hex users of 1.09.

**************************STRATEGY/TACTICS**************************
HUGE HELPFUL HINT: Amazons Block and Dodge more while standing still and walking, never keep your Amazon on Run mode always keep her on walk mode and use “Ctrl” and hold it to run, this avoids the “r” button delay and lets you manipulate its use much easier.

HUGE HELPFUL HINT #2: EVERYONE teleports after a zon and trys to chase em down and rush you, always run and run in zig-zag motions so they have to change their directions of teleport and fire. When you do your zig-zags and your on the opposite side of them wail off a few GA’s and rinse and repeat.

As for classes, I’m not going to go over many since the HINT #2 basically applies to all 1.10 casters since they require no skill anymore and all do the same thing. So heres some quick info on certain classes.

Amazon:
This is where your IGA and movement skills come in. Zon vs. Zon can be extremely fun, or extremely boring. I have had a few duels with other EotD zons that have lasted 8-10 minutes, and some last 1 hit. Basically when you’re dueling, use the HUGE HINT up above vs. amazons and keep your finger on “w” for ready available shield switch. You can train yourself for this by having your friend stand still and you moving around him at a 1 screen range and try to hit him. This will give your aim precision fairly fast. All I can say in Z vs Z is keep your movement going and dodge behind walls when you can. If the zon gets into close facility, then charge his ass and jab the fucker and when he retreats off switch too your bow and wail her ass down.

Assassin:
This is by far the easiest match up. All you need to do is toss on your t-Gods and Imps and throw on your Cats Eye for a run increase and the assassin is finished. I have never lost to an assassin in 1.10 which is so fucking funny since back in Gimmeitam, sins use to give me a hell of a run. Shows you how pathetic people are in 1.10. If the assassin is a WW sin, make sure you have your Atmas Scarab at the ready for the Pd resistance boost, the amp is cheap but so is WW so use it at your will besides you’ll win before the amp goes off.

Necromancer:
Face it, your dead. Most use Decrepify, Bone Prison, and Clay Golem and your just done. If your lucky you can get through the armor but most go and be pansy and retreat and recast it. If you get slowed theres nothing you can do since slow now takes your IAS to shit. My best opinion vs. these newbs is piss them off with Slow Missile. If you can’t beat them might as well make him mad. Now there is one weapon combo I have tried using vs. a Necro which is VERY effective. Its replacing your Windforce with a 6 Socket Crusader and stick 4x Um runes and 2x Shael Runes. This keeps you at 8fps due to 40% IAS and it also gives you 100% Chance of Open Wounds. Your damage goes down to like 2,500 but that’s still a nice chunk with Criticals, but this idea is used to avoid Bone Armor and relying on hits. If you hit them the Open Wounds passes armor and drains a good bit. This tactic works very well but again, if you get slowed or prisoned like massive your dead.

Paladins:
Just use the huge hint tactics and haul ass all over the place. For zealots and chargers, using the Lightning Bolt works very well since most lack the lightning resistance. If your facing a V/T with a EotD tag, give up your dead.

Sorceress:
Your gonna die in 1-2 hits except vs. fire sorces, toss on those Nokazan Relics and Hot Spurs and move constantly. Most sorceress will die very fast since they are idiots and use Lidless Wall with inefficient DR limits. 1-3 Hits those type of sorces will die. For ones with massive DR and Block hell, run like forest gump.

Barbarians:
These fucks are a pain in the ass, theres really nothing you can do against a 500+ eBotD and the ability of them teleporting. Use Lightning Bolt when you can and walk when they go to teleport. When your zig-zagging try to get them to take long WW’s so you can get hits in. If the barb is extremely good he will never do a long WW and your gonna die so run around as much as you can hopefully hes not a newb mana poter and you can win by default mana loss.

Druids:
Kill the oak sage and kill it fast. Windstorm druids can get you triggered fast especially if they are using a lot of minions. Switch to Multi Shot and run while they chase after you, turn and spray Multi when you can and switch to Shield when he gets close. Once the minions are out of the picture lock on to the newb and stun him, if he gets out haul ass and repeat.

MY AMAZON BASICS:
Name: CallOfFate_EotD
Level: 99
Bow Damage: 533-6,301
Jab Damage: 1577-3,288
Life: 1,720 Max (No B/O and Depending on Gear)
Mana: 288
Run Speed: 200%
Critical Strike: 71%
Record in ZvZ: Undefeated Overall
Best Kill: Ai-PkGodz, claimed he is the best Zon player I beat him 7:2 and now he plays a necro.

Credits/Acknowledgements:
I give thanks to the following in no particular order:

EotD- My (our clan jOObelette~!) clan for giving me some sort of purpose to keep on pking and wanting to be the best dueler I can be.

Gimmeitam- For the greatest duels I’ve had in 09 and the experience I gained for all characters.

Rei- You showed me how to play a zon like no one else, I will never forget the public days we had. Still funny how we both ended up in Gimmeitam. Hopefully one day you will be back~! I thank you for taking my dueling to a new level!
Steven- Thanx for getting me into Gimmeitam, best thing of 09!

Blckshdwdragon a.k.a- jOObelette~!- We have had some great times with our zons and our v/t’s thanx for helping me get started when I decided to come back and play Gi again. Also a special thanx for taking Co-Leader rank in Elders of the Dragons!

Laxative/Jay/Rage/Marsh/Clayfu- We had some great zon duels in the days of Gimmeitam, hope your all doing well and hope too see you again soon.

Jill-PvP- Rest In Peace girl! My level 48 Barb still owned your V/T~!

Shags/Soul/Tenken a.k.a Diego – you guys are a pain in the ass to duel as necros but you still know my zon makes you run~ die x10!!!

T3h_jOObifier: Guided My Arrow
Jill-PvP: Blessed My Aim
Clayfu: Taught Me Critical Strike
Blur_MoB: Helped Me Avoid

Clan Elders of the Dragons

Rest in Peace Jill...

!~LET THE AMAZONS LIVE FOREVER~!

Last edited by Endurack; 2004-06-24 at 08:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-24, 02:18 PM in reply to Endurack's post "1.10/1.09 Hybrid Amazon Guide!"
Worthy of a sticky, save me time on writing guides
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-06-24, 02:50 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "Worthy of a sticky, save me time on..."
WORTHY OF A STICKY!?!?! You are jOObish~! My zon guide is bestest. BTW jOOb gfg on owning OsO noobs muhahah!

Last edited by Endurack; 2004-06-24 at 09:00 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-24, 03:05 PM in reply to Endurack's post "1.10/1.09 Hybrid Amazon Guide!"
Damn, that's an awesome Zon build, best one I have seen so far. Good job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-06-24, 03:13 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Damn, that's an awesome Zon build, best..."
Thank you Sir. HandOfHeaven, any quiestions on the guide, zon, items, or tactics jsut post here and I will answer em~!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-24, 04:17 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Thank you Sir. HandOfHeaven, any..."
It is a tad expensive for what I have. Any, somewhat 'cheaper', other item builds?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-06-24, 04:33 PM in reply to Endurack's post "1.10/1.09 Hybrid Amazon Guide!"
Looks nice.

I personally will never play another bowzon, but it's a very nice build.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-24, 04:33 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "It is a tad expensive for what I have...."
Depending on what items are expensive for you, I would say the charms is what kills most poeple. You can substitute the charms with any +Max Damage/ Ar / Lifers such as GC's 10max/70+ar/35+ life or even Large Charms with 6 max/ar/5 dex. The max/ar/dex setup can get like 100-200 more damage but you loose a good deal of life. As I said, this build is for more veterain players so if you can't afford any of this you will be running into problems.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-25, 11:44 AM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Depending on what items are expensive..."
i have a pretty interesting hybrid zon and she kill alot of people. she uses guided arrow and plague java. some other suggestions for cheaper/different gear that seem to be effective for me anyway are for boots i like to use gore riders for OW, CB, and DS. and if u cant afford a 120/45 helm i would use mav's helm it has decent mods and 30 ias so if u socket it you cant get 45. also just for some more explianation of why lighning bolt is effective is because it always hits unless they are a zon to dodge it or an assassin to block it with weapon block.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-06-25, 12:18 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "i have a pretty interesting hybrid zon..."
Personally i don't care for anythign dealing with poison. Poison is a newb way to win regarless of it being a skill or items. Either way its cheap by letting you run away and drain much like Open Wounds. At least open wounds is a % and has a stopping point and is based on level. I have seen like 30,000 PD damage zons and Poison Nova Necs, its the most newb thing in the game. Thats just my opinion, if you guys dont mind PD theres an alternative build for this hybrid set up by going less Guided arrow and Critical strike bout 5-10 into each or jsut put 1 into each, then do some poison synergies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-25, 12:36 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Personally i don't care for anythign..."
Now, would you feel the same way about the Venom skill? It acts over such a short time, it's almost like it's not poison at all...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-25, 02:58 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Now, would you feel the same way about..."
WW Sins are based on nothing but poison damage and Open Wounds, its basiclly the most rtarted design I have seen. The funny thing is that they are still fiarly easy to beat. Personally I dont think anything of a WW sin since its mainly poison, if people enjoy playing them then thats fine I will just use my V/T and destroy them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-25, 04:20 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "WW Sins are based on nothing but poison..."
Just do scroll-lock on the zons. That pwnz0rtz them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-06-25, 06:02 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "WW Sins are based on nothing but poison..."
Endurack said:
WW Sins are based on nothing but poison damage and Open Wounds, its basiclly the most rtarted design I have seen.
The funny thing is, I absolutely murder almost anything in a duel with mine.

I get a little trouble from WW Barbs, and Hammerdins can be tricky.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-25, 08:58 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The funny thing is, I absolutely murder..."
Take a duel vs a good Druid, Necro, or V/T i garantee you wont win vs anyone who knows what they are doing. jOOb a.k.a. blckshdwdragon has one fo the best WW Sins I have seen, and he still cant beat my V/T unless I agree to only smite. He also cant beat druids that easy and he does pretty well vs. necros, but the good ones take him out pretty fast. As for my zon, if he hits me she will die pretty soon but I can take his sin out in a matter of 3-4 hits.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-27, 08:22 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Take a duel vs a good Druid, Necro, or..."
Endurack said:
Take a duel vs a good Druid, Necro, or V/T i garantee you wont win vs anyone who knows what they are doing. jOOb a.k.a. blckshdwdragon has one fo the best WW Sins I have seen, and he still cant beat my V/T unless I agree to only smite. He also cant beat druids that easy and he does pretty well vs. necros, but the good ones take him out pretty fast. As for my zon, if he hits me she will die pretty soon but I can take his sin out in a matter of 3-4 hits.
psssh druids = LOL and you havent seen me duel any (pwned everylast one of them), and i dont have the resources (atm, especially when im pouring them into a new sorc and pally, will be making guides for them as they are underdog classes!) to get the correct gear to pwn your v/t, TT
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2005-02-21, 03:14 PM in reply to Endurack's post "1.10/1.09 Hybrid Amazon Guide!"
somehow I don't like your build.. in some realms wf is forbiden due to knockback... and a good player needs only 1max rez item, an you are sugesting some things that are illeagal to fair players, and your opinion that those who use poisn skills are noobs.. and any one who can kill you is a noob you are greatly mistaken.. and in tactics about barbs with botd + tele where you are saying that you are dead some times.. may friends duels with amazon for 3years, and you can't beat him with enigma in any way, he just runs away, dodges or smth, he is away as soon as you teleport, and I haven't seen an amazon loosing to necro (maybe my realm is better than yours), and my sin can kill many zons (it's one of the most powerfu duel chars in place where I'm dueling) I've ww/lightng hybrid and I think it's great, better than some cheap amazons who can only run away all the time, that's the best thing they can do
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
leg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenleg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

leg

Posted 2005-02-21, 08:34 PM in reply to leg's post starting "somehow I don't like your build.. in..."
Leg, this post was EARLY 1.10.

About 6 months ago. We didnt have all those really godly rare items about 6 months ago.

He plays on West, get him to duel your friend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-02-22, 02:38 AM in reply to leg's post starting "somehow I don't like your build.. in..."
Your realms suck.

You say that more then 1 max res item is unfair. Care to tell me how fair it is to have a hand to hand combat char go up against a trapsin, and all that stupid thing does is spam mb over and over again.

How fair is it to have a smiter have to go up against a 21k dmg fb sorc, or a 30k+ lite sorc, or a 14k blizz sorc whos cold dmastery brings you down some 220 resistances. How fair is it to have a smiter or v/t go up against a pure foher w/o mucho stacked res. It's NOT. Your 'realm' guildlines are based probably on Sorc vs Sorc, barb vs barb, trap vs trap, or at least thats what it sounds like. There are certain classes that just cant match up with others unless they utilize the sorb in the game.

It's there for a reason, use it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-02-23, 10:14 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Your realms suck. You say that more..."
you have evades, you have more than enough stuff with 1max rez item to hold up against fb sorc (with hotspurs you could eat ~5 fire balls) you don't need to get near imune to fire to beat fire sorc, and holding ~2 blizzardz is more than enogh, and for meele characters against assasin there are many ways to beat (barbs can ww thorugh mb, leap, palies charges thruogh all the traps and mb) and your amazon want's to get imune to damage or be invinsible and you call it godly? you could be godly if you'd beat sorcs with 1 max rez item
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
leg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenleg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

leg