Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2006-12-14, 07:16 AM
Oblivion is also for the pc...but my pc is now considered crap and needs upgrading >.<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-14, 10:09 AM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Oblivion is also for the pc...but my pc..."
I know Oblivion is on the PC... it was originally a PC game. But Bethesda thought it would be a good idea to port it to the 360 and PS3.

So far they've released it on the 360, and are now putting the finishing touches on the PS3 version.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-29, 10:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I know Oblivion is on the PC... it was..."
They didn't "port" it to the 360. The game was obviously designed with it in mind from the get go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2006-12-30, 02:25 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "They didn't "port" it to the 360. The..."
Rurouni Storm said:
They didn't "port" it to the 360. The game was obviously designed with it in mind from the get go.
Which is why oblivion has so many short commings.

And which is also why only the PC version is any good - because of community made mods that improve the game.

Seriously, by summer this year, oblivion will be a totally different game because of the community mods... -if modders don't give up on the game that is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dubby

Posted 2007-01-25, 11:22 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Oblivion is also for the pc...but my pc..."
Can some1 tell em why obblivion does not have online play? i mean that would make it the best game ever(woudl beat WoW too) but nooooooo you're stuck playing by yourself for nothing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2007-02-13, 03:30 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Can some1 tell em why obblivion does..."
Oblivion doesn't have online play because it's a single player game. All I've seen are online videos, but multiplayer doesn't look as if it'll work.

Here's an interesting fact - Bethesda have been working on Oblivion for a total of 7 years, now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-13, 08:01 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Oblivion doesn't have online play..."
Um Oblivion was release quite some time ago...

In any case, I certainly think that multiplayer could work; not as an MMO, certainly, but as a LAN multiplayer with your friends, I don't see why not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-02-13, 11:01 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Um Oblivion was release quite some time..."
Yeah, ever play dungeon siege? That game seems like a perfect game as an MMO, but they made it for LAN so only about five or six people could be in one game at the same time.
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-02-13, 11:21 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Um Oblivion was release quite some time..."
Quote:
Um Oblivion was release quite some time ago...
PC last year. 360 last year.

They're still working on the PS3 version.

As they only have one development team, it means that they've been working on Oblivion for 7 years.

EDIT: Make that 5 - they started development straight after Morrowind in 2002. 1up lied to me! !

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-02-13 at 06:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-21, 07:02 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "PC last year. 360 last year. ..."
Morrowind had a multiplayer mod.. Though it did suck..

I just briefly scanned through this but here is the answer to your question... Not sure why no one had mentioned this... Or maybe they did but I missed it...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163775.html

Expansion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2007-02-22, 10:12 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Morrowind had a multiplayer mod....."
I can't wait for Bethesda to get Shivering Isles ready for the PS3 (they're not releasing it until about Summer).

I've been reading up on it for weeks, and it sounds amazing!

4 weeks and I should be playing Oblivion (or just reading through the manual, should Woolies not deliver on time).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-22, 11:10 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I can't wait for Bethesda to get..."
You should get it for the PC, instead. Oblivion without Francesco's leveled creatures/items mod is like running on a treadmill that's going a bit too fast for you, unless you have a one of a few class builds. It was so bad that I stopped playing because the only way to advance was use of a series of spells to keep me invisible constantly (ie. heal+invisibility,detect creature+invisibility,summon+invisibility), and that was boring.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-02-22, 03:17 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You should get it for the PC, instead. ..."
I don't like playing games on the PC. For me, consoles are there for games, and the PC is there for the internet, and weird and wonderful programs that do strange little things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-23, 07:10 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I don't like playing games on the PC...."
Like Chess, go make a move.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-02-23, 08:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I don't like playing games on the PC...."
Lol I agree with Lenny as far as most games go there are more on consoles, but RPGs need to stay on the PC man. All the 'RPGs' that I have played off of the PC sucked horribly. Anyways Fallout 3 is supposed to be multiplayer much like NVN was. I am a D&D player and I have never found any flaw in Oblivions leveling system in fact it's about as fast as my DM for Fridays games goes. Which is fast enough to get rid of those stupid players who think the game is made completely of psychodrama.

WetWired WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PICKING FROM THE CLASS LIST?!?!?!! THOSE CLASSES ARE TERRIBLE!!! Everyone knows you should make a custom class, EVERYONE!
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-02-24, 12:54 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Lol I agree with Lenny as far as most..."
I did. And the problem isn't the leveling, it's the everyone levels when you do part.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-02-24, 03:37 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I did. And the problem isn't the..."
You know, I'm quite looking forward to that.

In Guild Wars, the levels of monsters and whatnot stay within a range of levels in each area. If I go to Ascalon with my characters, they will be fighting Level 4 monsters. I can go for a stroll, get a following of 30 or so, wipe them out with one fireball, and carry on walking on my lonesome. It's no fun to go to Ascalon. Whereas if I go to the desert, the Ring of Fire then the monsters are all Level 20 and above. It's a challenge, and so it's fun to hunt them.

A system where the enemies level proportionally to your character, to me, sounds like a lot more fun than each area having a certain level, or the enemies throughout the game just having a single fixed level that they are at.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-25, 12:27 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You know, I'm quite looking forward to..."
Well yes, it's great, if the enemy net power gain per level is less than or equal to your net power gain per level. But if you have a build with many not-hurt-the-enemy-more skills, such as support magic, you'll soon find yourself overwhelmed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-02-25, 09:44 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well yes, it's great, if the enemy net..."
And so common sense should dictate that you wouldn't have one of those builds.

I'm thinking of going for Warrior Mage type thing... sword and fire. Good or bad choice?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-25, 11:34 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And so common sense should dictate that..."
Well, this is the build that I used in Morrowind, and this is the type of character I like to play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired