Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Free MMO online game
Posted 2006-05-29, 10:52 PM
Any free good MMO online game that I can start up to play a bit for the summer, beta is even better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-05-30, 01:12 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Free MMO online game"
MMOs are by definition not free, since powerfull central servers have to be maintained by the people releasing the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2006-05-30, 02:44 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Free MMO online game"
Perhaps some are listed at http://www.onrpg.com?

But yes, most MMO's which developers have put significant amounts of time into, especially graphics-rich games, tend to require payment to be played.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2006-05-30 at 04:51 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2006-05-30, 03:20 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Free MMO online game"
you can play conquer. > conqueronline.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The FrEaK is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe FrEaK is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The FrEaK

Posted 2006-05-30, 09:13 AM in reply to The FrEaK's post starting "you can play conquer. >..."
There's Navy Field. It's free until you hit some level or other. You can just keep making new "characters" when you approach it to keep the game free.

Of course, it's probably not the type of MMO you were thinking of. You command a ship, join a battle, and battle against another fleet.

Check it out, though, if you get bored. http://www.navyfield.com/
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-05-30, 10:23 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "There's Navy Field. It's free until..."
Or, just wait for my free MMORPG project to enter beta stages.

AD 2100: Starbase: Where No Turtle Has Gone Before
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2006-05-30, 10:37 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Or, just wait for my free MMORPG..."
Hehe. That sounds like you've based it on a Terry Pratchett novel, or something, what with the Turtle and space.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-30, 10:53 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hehe. That sounds like you've based it..."
There are "free" illegal severs for most popular mmos out there :P. Dunno where to find them but yea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-05-30, 12:26 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hehe. That sounds like you've based it..."
Lenny said:
Hehe. That sounds like you've based it on a Terry Pratchett novel, or something, what with the Turtle and space.
Turtles in Time, for SNES. Possibly the third best co-operative multiplayer game ever for the SNES.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2006-05-30, 12:35 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Turtles in Time, for SNES. Possibly the..."
And Hinduism, I think.

Yep: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chukwa

Turtle supports an Elephant that supports the World. Which is what Pratchett based Great A'tuin and the 5 elephants on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-30, 09:48 PM in reply to Ganga's post "Free MMO online game"
Ganga said:
Any free good MMO online game that I can start up to play a bit for the summer, beta is even better.
dude play the planetside fodder version. Its full game u can play up to Battle Rank 6 and Command Rank 2 and continue playing after that but you dont get any BEP or CEP but its fun as hell! huge battles, mad skills required...come join in the conquiring of the Vanu Soverighty and the Terran Repulic! Come join the Fight with the New Conglomerate!! www.planetside.com and click join the reserves!
hokt on fonix rele wurkt fer me!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
1dumMan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between1dumMan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

1dumMan

Posted 2006-06-03, 09:04 AM in reply to 1dumMan's post starting "dude play the planetside fodder..."
a very good MMO that is free is Silkroad. i think you can see the game at www.Silkroadtavern.com . It is a great game and you wouldnt think it because its free and no ones ever heard of it. the only downfall...you will spend about a whole day trying to get from lv 19 to 20. and the cap is 80 (i think the raised it from 60)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2006-06-03, 10:25 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "a very good MMO that is free is..."
Wow that silk game looks like it'll totally pawn any liking I had for conquer online. Do you know the system requirements for it because my video card is from 1998.... old computer I know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-03, 11:08 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Free MMO online game"
There is neverwinter night there are some people in that game that make their own severs and lands and each sever in RP looks different and In the game there are people that play this game that are really big RPers its a good game and its has free online with other people but you have to go to the store and buy it for like $40 or $50 or something like that its an older game but it comes with mods and all the expansions. Drow wars is the best sever to play in its a rp sever and it is made by players of the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
crazyeye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencrazyeye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

crazyeye

Posted 2006-06-13, 04:20 PM in reply to crazyeye's post starting "There is neverwinter night there are..."
A game that you could play for a wile is Runescape. I used to play it and it is a pritty good game. The only large downslide is the grafics.

www.runescape.com
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-13, 07:29 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "A game that you could play for a wile..."
the graphics are a huge downside :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-06-30, 10:45 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "the graphics are a huge downside :P"
not to mention it runs browser based...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-01, 08:17 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "There are "free" illegal severs for..."
Willkillforfood said:
There are "free" illegal severs for most popular mmos out there :P. Dunno where to find them but yea.
Not all private servers are illegal. Most private lineage2 servers that run on l2j are legal. There are also alot of illegal ones, but I host my own, free and legal. You can check it out at my website www.freelineage2.info or if you want info about other servers, even WoW serves just email me. I will find you ones that are free and legal

TeflonJohn
FreeLineage2 host
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TeflonJohn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTeflonJohn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TeflonJohn

Posted 2006-07-01, 06:02 PM in reply to TeflonJohn's post starting "Not all private servers are illegal. ..."
That doesn't sound too bad tbh if you're being honest :P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-01, 11:33 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "That doesn't sound too bad tbh if..."
You can read about the L2J project at http://forum.l2jserver.com/ they even have a General Public License. If you want to play on a legal server, you can see how and download the client from my website FreeLineage2.info
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TeflonJohn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTeflonJohn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TeflonJohn