Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Second Presidential Debate tonight (10-7-08 9:00 pm EST)
Posted 2008-10-07, 09:54 AM
Anybody going to watch? Frankly, I still want to hear what Obama has to say. Hopefully they stray from smear tactics (I'm looking at you, McCain) and just discuss the issues.

Funny picture I found:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-07, 10:16 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "Second Presidential Debate tonight..."
I'll probably catch it, although it is right over the top of my favorite program, House M.D.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-10-07, 12:58 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Second Presidential Debate tonight..."
I'm getting one those shirts in the mail, no doubt.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-07, 01:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm getting one those shirts in the..."
The older guy wearing the redneck shirt looks like he's hitting a joint...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-07, 02:19 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "The older guy wearing the redneck shirt..."
The debate should be pretty substantial. (By the polls) Obama is gathering a lead recently, but honestly I don't view polls as legitimate sources of facts. I'd like to see Obama keep his cool while McCain pulls a bunch of shit out of his ass tonight, we'll see how it all goes down.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-07, 03:57 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The debate should be pretty..."
Hopefully he pulls some shit out of Palin's ass as well, ohh!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-10-07, 04:00 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Hopefully he pulls some shit out of..."
I just realized you can be considered jailbait for Mantra.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-07, 04:19 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I just realized you can be considered..."
Wow. I don't think that, once people view Palin and McCain together, they will seem all that great.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-07, 04:48 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Wow. I don't think that, once people..."
They are both equally absurd. Combine them together and you've got a guaranteed mess on your hands.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-07, 07:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "They are both equally absurd. Combine..."
McCain: I have been there my friends bladibla experience, Obama will tax small businesses my friends to death bladibla, etc.
He seemed redundant at times during the debate.

Last edited by Wallow; 2008-10-07 at 07:55 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-10-07, 09:17 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "McCain: I have been there my friends..."
McCain was as awful as ever. I don't think he ever once answered the question. Now Obama did stray away at times when he was trying to defend himself, but before he finished he did answer the question, almost every time. Good Debate for Obama.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-07, 09:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "McCain was as awful as ever. I don't..."
McLame was acting like it was for Highschool Class President.. "Did we hear the amount of that tax? *chuckle"

Audience: ::cricket noises::

McLame: Sits down and looks like he meant for it to suck.

I didn't get to watch all of it, infact I forgot it was on until I called my mom. I'm tired of McCain acting like a funny man. He is completely fucking stupid, tonight was the first night I actually got to see into some of the views of each side. McCain continually tried to dis on Obama and Obama only defended himself like d3v said, McCain needs to grow the fuck up, you're running for president of the US not HS!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-07, 10:30 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "McLame was acting like it was for..."
Owned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg owned.jpg (215.4 KB, 11 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-08, 07:38 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Owned."
Lol, wow. Well Fox claims that 80% of their viewers felt like McCain won. I like independent news sources like AP/Reuters which all claim Obama won. Fuck CNN/Msnbc/Fox, they're all biased, with Fox at the top of the chain.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-08, 07:44 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Lol, wow. Well Fox claims that 80% of..."
Fox is the station that tried to compaire Obama to Osama.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-08, 07:44 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Fox is the station that tried to..."
That's what I mean, their bias is at the top of the chain. The have no regard for integrity, they are just spouting off talking points e-mailed to them every morning.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-08, 12:57 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The debate should be pretty..."
Apparently McCain's concerned with the polls. He took the drastic movie of just abandoning his efforts in Michigan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-10-08, 01:14 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Apparently McCain's concerned with the..."
Basing anything off of polls is simply moronic. The polls are only a fraction of a percent of being correct. He is concerned about winning, not the country is more like it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-08, 01:34 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Basing anything off of polls is simply..."
Polls tend to be historically accurate, it would seem. www.electoral-vote.com and www.fivethirtyeight.com are both websites I check out. They use trusted polls to compute a "projected" election day, basically. I believe electoral-vote.com had all but like 1 or 2 states right last election. Also, polls for the preliminaries seemed to pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as accuracy is concerned.

Either way, polls would have to have a margin of error of like 20% for it to even be possible for things NOT to be in Obama's favor right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!